The online racing simulator
My first try with HDR photography with cars
Drift machines

not pic related, just reminded me my trip to krakow 2 weeks ago - all i wanted to say is poland is the best country ive hitchhiked in (after albania, sorry), if id live there i would only hitchhike all the time.
My first time shooting live music - Com Truise live @ Broadcast Glasgow last night.

Bit of background info:

I've never tried to shoot anything this dark before with a requirement to keep a relatively fast shutter speed, so it was quite a challenge. The main lighting source was stage left (the purple light source), but there were a few additional sources (such as the LEDs on the equipment and the laptop screen). The combination of those different light sources looks quite cool in a few shots.

I was shooting with my 650D and my slightly faster lens (Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 vs my 18-135 3.5-5.6 kit lens). I stayed at the widest aperture possible through the range and around ISO 3200 and 1/100th of a second shutter for most of the time. This seemed to be a decent balance but it obviously introduced a significant amount of noise. I ran the images through Dfine 2; that removed some of the noise, but there's still some remaining. It doesn't look to be a huge problem to me though - perhaps it does to others?

Anyway, thanks for reading/looking. As before, I welcome any constructive criticism or feedback.

Full Gallery

My 7 month old German Shepherd
Judging from his paws and tail, he's gonna be HUGE when full grown.

Gus, get a 50 f/1.8, well worth it for low light conditions in pubs and clubs.
Dinosaur your HDR pics are so awesome. Also the place you live in. Would also murder people to get such views...
Quote from boothy :Gus, get a 50 f/1.8, well worth it for low light conditions in pubs and clubs.

Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about getting a nifty fifty/plastic fantastic on and off for a while, but I haven't committed to it yet.
You can get one for <$100, so there's very little reason not to.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You can get one for <$100, so there's very little reason not to.

The lack of IS (for video usage) is one thing that has stopped me from doing so. Also, the 40mm f2.8 pancake might be a better option (yes, it's slower and a bit more expensive than the 50 1.8, but it should provide significantly better image quality) in that (relatively) cheap non-IS standard-ish (though not really, considering I'll be using it on a ~1.6 crop camera) lens area. The 40mm 2.8 also has the STM which should provide better AF performance compared to the 50mm 1.8. Certainly something to think about though.
Quote from Fastwalker :My 7 month old German Shepherd
Judging from his paws and tail, he's gonna be HUGE when full grown.

can i have plz?
Quote from amp88 :The lack of IS (for video usage) is one thing that has stopped me from doing so. Also, the 40mm f2.8 pancake might be a better option (yes, it's slower and a bit more expensive than the 50 1.8, but it should provide significantly better image quality) in that (relatively) cheap non-IS standard-ish (though not really, considering I'll be using it on a ~1.6 crop camera) lens area. The 40mm 2.8 also has the STM which should provide better AF performance compared to the 50mm 1.8. Certainly something to think about though.

Or get both. That's what I'd do.

::glances at pile of lenses on his shelf::
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
astonishing photo
I'd love to go to mountains to change my objective of photography
thanks. thats actually view to poland.
Thanks majod for another great wallpaper (if I may of course)
sure np sorry for shitty aspect ratio but it's panorama of multiple photos.
But it is 1920 wide at least. So it leaves nice room for my icons and I can see the entire picture.

From a trip to Iceland. The changing light conditions was a challenge, thank god for RAW.
Not my picture but...
I've been having some fun in Lightroom/Photoshop and was pretty satisfied with the result, so I thought I'd share.

Original:

Edit:

Just some from a decent carshow today!

More on my Flickr here
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer
Buy a polarizing filter.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG