The online racing simulator
Turn lights sounds don't work with Test Patch Z20
z25 patch breaks CSR!
These are the sounds that stops working from insim doc.

// DL_x - bits for OutGaugePack DashLights and ShowLights
enum
{
DL_SHIFT, // bit 0 - shift light
DL_FULLBEAM, // bit 1 - full beam
DL_HANDBRAKE, // bit 2 - handbrake
DL_PITSPEED, // bit 3 - pit speed limiter
DL_TC, // bit 4 - TC active or switched off
DL_SIGNAL_L, // bit 5 - left turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_R, // bit 6 - right turn signal
DL_SIGNAL_ANY, // bit 7 - shared turn signal
DL_OILWARN, // bit 8 - oil pressure warning
DL_BATTERY, // bit 9 - battery warning
DL_ABS, // bit 10 - ABS active or switched off
DL_SPARE, // bit 11
DL_NUM
};
//////
#endif

Any chance that someone might update CSR to again make use of these sound possibilities?? And maybe add the ones missing
I cant download "Full Sound Pack by DaveWS: download (all cars included)"
Quote from oleroc :Any chance that someone might update CSR to again make use of these sound possibilities?? And maybe add the ones missing

I don't think yamakawa will release the source, but I've written a OutGaugeRelay script that, in addition to relaying OG packets, can also convert them to pre-Z20 OG packets. Might release that to the public, eventually
Took some time, but here is what I'd consider "final" enough to be released.
In addition to relaying OutGauge traffic to several additional ports, it also allows to set specific IDs and can even convert new OG packets (dashlights in DashLight/ShowLight) to old ones (dashlights in Flags).

An improvement over the version I posted here is a new custom packet validation feature. What this does is to optionally run every packet through a custom function that can
  • manipulate packet contents before the packet is sent
  • drop the packet entirely
It comes pre-configured for CSR, receiving on port 6699 and forwarding converted packets to CSR on port 35555. Some filtering is done to avoid a couple of annoying CSR bugs, specifically:
  • Playing the "Very low" sample when the engine is off (RPM = 0).
  • Playing *_on samples despite lack of fuel or when the ignition is off.
  • Scirocco preparation: Mask VWS as XFG.
Python 2.6 is required.

Enjoy

€: Had a bug in the uploaded version, re-uploaded.
Attached files
OutGaugeRelay.rar - 11.2 KB - 1528 views
Morpha, does that outgauge relay mean it's now possible to use multiple outgauge ports at once? For example, CSR and my LFS Shifter; I don't know how to make them both work at the same time because I can only put one port in LFS' cfg.txt.
Quote from tigerboyz :Morpha, does that outgauge relay mean it's now possible to use multiple outgauge ports at once? For example, CSR and my LFS Shifter; I don't know how to make them both work at the same time because I can only put one port in LFS' cfg.txt.

Yes that's the original purpose of the relay.
Find
FORWARD_TO = ((35555, 0, True, csr),)

and add as many additional applications as you want. The only limit is the limited number of ports available (65535 total, more than you'll ever need on a single machine) and your CPU, but 2 or even 5 apps should be no problem at all.

Here's an updated version prepared for your shifter in combination with CSR. Set the OutGauge port to 6699 in your cfg.txt, run og_relay.py, CSR and LFSShifter and off you go
Attached files
og_relay.rar - 2.2 KB - 1030 views
Hi!

I downloaded your og_relay but I can not make it work. I have configured to use CSR and RevLimiter same time:

FORWARD_TO = (
(35555, 0, False, csr),
(11222, 2, False, None),
)

Does the configuration is correct? I use the Z25 version so I set the conversion to False. How does launching on the script?

Sorry for my english, I'm french
Quote from jonath08000 :Hi!

I downloaded your og_relay but I can not make it work. I have configured to use CSR and RevLimiter same time:

FORWARD_TO = (
(35555, 0, False, csr),
(11222, 2, False, None),
)

Does the configuration is correct? I use the Z25 version so I set the conversion to False. How does launching on the script?

Sorry for my english, I'm french

That's a valid configuration, so it should work. What happens when you run the script? Does it close right away or is there any output in the console window?
I found how to operate. I run it with Python 2.6 IDLE. It works, CSR and RevLimiter running at the same time

I need to use conversion with the Z25??
Quote from jonath08000 :I found how to operate. I run it with Python 2.6 IDLE. It works, CSR and RevLimiter running at the same time

I need to use conversion with the Z25??

Yes, the new OutGauge packet structure was introduced with Z25.
How do I install this?

I installed python, I changed in cfg port to 6699 and in CSR too. But when i open this python thing it says forwarind..
Quote from BoyGTA :How do I install this?

I installed python, I changed in cfg port to 6699 and in CSR too. But when i open this python thing it says forwarind..

You don't "install" it, it forwards when it's running. It opens one port to receive LFS's OutGauge packets on and sends them to all the other ports you configured it to forward to. You always have to run it when you want multiple applications to be able to receive the packets.

I might release a C++ rewrite of it soon that can be started with LFS without minimizing the window, but it's not at the top of my todo list.
But, the only thing I want is the blinkers sounds that CSR had.. it's possible to get that to work on Z28?
Yes but you always have to run the relay, it converts the packet received from LFS to the previous format and then forwards it.
Man, please talk me in english that I can understand haha, give me please some lil stepts to forward hehe
Quote from BoyGTA :Man, please talk me in english that I can understand haha, give me please some lil stepts to forward hehe

You said you already changed your OutGauge port to 6699 and when you run the script it says forwarding to ..., there's nothing more to it, that's what it does. Can't get any simpler than that
Hey morpha, can you help me to get to work rev limiter too? It uses port 11222 I think.

I run og_realy, then CSR and then REV limiter and when in LFS, the python windows give me some error that it can't set more than 1 port to 6699 or something like this.

Thanks in advance.
Quote from BoyGTA :Hey morpha, can you help me to get to work rev limiter too? It uses port 11222 I think.

I run og_realy, then CSR and then REV limiter and when in LFS, the python windows give me some error that it can't set more than 1 port to 6699 or something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Open og_relay.py in a texteditor, find FORWARD_TO and change it to
FORWARD_TO = (
(35555, 0, False, csr),
(11222, 2, False, None),
)

Run the script only once, it will forward to all ports added to the FORWARD_TO list.
Aha, now I understand this thing hehe.

I created a little bat file so I run all in this order: og_relay, csr, rev limiter & LFS.

Thanks for the great job and help.
Can someone please tell me why i dont hear sound for indicators?

I installed it as i was supossed to and everything else works fine - only sound for indicators doesnt.
Quote from thezero :Can someone please tell me why i dont hear sound for indicators?

I installed it as i was supossed to and everything else works fine - only sound for indicators doesnt.

No one?

I also checked if i have sound for indicator installed and yes, i have (\Live for Speed\CSR\Sounds\_misc) - winker.wav. Only problem is that i cant hear it if i turn indicator on in-game, even if i have all sounds turned on.
It's because the OutGauge packet changed slightly in Z25, use the relay script with just one entry (port 35555 by default) and format conversion turned on.

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG