The online racing simulator
Quote from rockclan :AW MAI GAWD, thanks Scavier you have :checkered S2.
Can't wait for S3 to come out, when I got the money, I'll put 12 pounds on my account
Yay for Scavier, YAY for Rockingham, and YAY to us for buying the game and making all of this possible.

@ Whiners, Cryers, etc.

STOP CRYING LIKE LITTLE KIDS.
YOU ARE GETTING SOMETHING NICE AND GO CRY, WHY, SPAMM SHIZZZ.
Grow up please!
Case Closed:smash3d:

f off fanboy
Quote from ACCAkut :I think pleased is the wrong word here, Scawen simply didn't expect everyone to turn to S2 so early, forcing all the other S1 users who would have waited with their upgrade to follow up if they wanted to race on somewhat populated servers. If Scawen releases S3 say tomorrow, I expect all the forum regulars to upgrade within two-three weeks, puling the rest of the userbase with them. I mean, look how many (active) S1 user there still are, not many.

It was different back then, as soon as a server was in S2 mode, S1 users could not connect.

Now, you can join any server that is running a combo you are licensed for.
Quote from ACCAkut :If Scawen releases S3 say tomorrow, I expect all the forum regulars to upgrade within two-three weeks, puling the rest of the userbase with them.

There is a difference compared to how it worked back then though. S1 users can now play on what would earlier be considered S2 servers if it only uses content they have access to. Same thing when S3 is released. S2 users will only need an S3 licence if they want to play with either Rockingham or the new car. You won't get the situation we did when S2 was released where one lonely guy was lapping South City by himself, wondering where everyone went.
Quote from boothy :Watch last year's BTCC race 3, it bucketed with rain right before the start, and it was great action, look at them hang on through turn 1!

i can clearly see this new track on a fox server with 30 players, crashing in the first corner at least 4 times and stay in the middle of track...
Quote from Bean0 :It was different back then, as soon as a server was in S2 mode, S1 users could not connect.

Now, you can join any server that is running a combo you are licensed for.

damn, you're right
Quote from wien :There is a difference compared to how it worked back then though. S1 users can now play on what would earlier be considered S2 servers if it only uses content they have access to. Same thing when S3 is released. S2 users will only need an S3 licence if they want to play with either Rockingham or the new car. You won't get the situation we did when S2 was released where one lonely guy was lapping South City by himself, wondering where everyone went.

And I guess, that is the reason for being able to release S3 content, even if S2 it´s not final yet. Anyone who decides not to upgrade to S3 after this initial release, will still be able to have access to almost all the content available in LFS, for the exception of one car and one track.
Quote from chunkyracer :And I guess, that is the reason for being able to release S3 content, even if S2 it´s not final yet. Anyone who decides not to upgrade to S3 after this initial release, will still be able to have access to almost all the content available in LFS, for the exception of one car and one track.

But then you are going to have leagues that use S1/S2 cars, but also have a round at Rockingham (most leagues will, I bet).
Quote from StableX :I couldn't disagree more with you, sadly. Remember, it's a game in development, purely at alpha stage and not complete. You're buying in to the game as is to help its creation and completion. If it was ready for sale and not alpha or beta, that would be a different case!!

I still think its a wicked game and well worth the money for S2. I just think if you sell something then its not alpha really!

Alpha is just a name isn't it though?

It IS ready for sale, thousands of people are now with a functional product with very few bugs, how can it be seen as "not ready for sale'?

A true alpha product will not be released to the market for sale, and obviously LFS at this stage isn't the case.

There's nothing as truely complete in LFS, it is a project without an definite end, it's a fundamental concept that I think is not hard to grasp.

Devs keep thinking about new things to do, there will always be things to complete. If the devs just call it a day now and say "hey this is it, we are done, you won't get anymore update." Then will you be any happier?
When we finally got s3, life will be good and we will look back to these days, and laugh.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from aroX123 :When we finally got s3, life will be good and we will look back to these days, and laugh.

Explain?
No, we will keep moaning why other games have 6000 cars and dynamic boob modelling on pit babes, while we have to settle for a product that is never complete.
Quote from sinbad :I can see how if you've only just bought an S2 licence then the prospect of another £12 (or somewhere around that) with only one track and one car "promised" might seem a bit expensive. Particularly if that £24 for S2 was hard to get a hold of, and let's face it, for some people in some countries it will have been.

For many of us the last time we paid for anything LFS related is what, 5 years ago? So this £12(maybe) will seem like £12(maybe) on top of nothing. If the content you get for that £12(maybe) is just Rockingham and one extra car, though, then I will give a wry smile. I think it would be pretty obvious then for the vast majority of the time over those 5 years, whenever someone on here has said "New stuff will come when it's ready, they're working on it!" they've been wrong.

I think I stopped feeling like a valued loyal customer a long time ago when I realised that they did not want to provide any extra tracks (free or otherwise) in the forseeable future, or cars unless there's an extra motive, and that communication of that and other progress information with me (and other sane loyal customers) was not something they really cared about anymore. Still, I'd be happy to pay at this stage for something new, and I guess that's what they were counting on all along. Still a loyal customer, I suppose, but somewhat demoralised.

Sinbad you should feel lucky they don't charge a whole lot more. I know if I developed a sim it wouldn't be anywhere near as cheap as LFS. It's a freakin' bargain.
whats good is that euro - pound ratio is
1 Euro = 0.904799804 British pounds

so S3 will be cheaper than S2 or S1

but great to see that something big is coming up
lolwut? new track? scirocco?

I should visit these forums more often.
Quote from intrepid :anyone that takes the effort to moan about the development process of lfs needs to take a step back. You haven't invested in lfs, and nor have you been sold something that doesn't fit the description of the product when you bought. What are you complaining about???

If you lot are so pissed go create your own simulator and see how you get on!!!!

Of course everyone feels frustrated from time to time about a lot of simulator development but to come out and say that the devs process is "very twaty behaviour" is just pathetic beyond belief. Can you do better? No! That's why your are sat complaining on their forum, instead of doing your own sim.

If you truly are fed up with their behavour do the only thing that will have an effect... Go away and play something else. Spend you money and time elsewhere.

+1
I told You! LFS is not going dead

Great job! we just need to be patient.

One (or few) question(s) is(are):

Will this Rockingham track coming earlier than S3 so it is in S2 first? Or is it going straight to S3? Or I think we need to wait more information as well

EDIT: ok special version of Live For Speed! got it, (perhaps)
I will be there with my £12 as soon as the S3 License is available.
Great work! One of my favorite tracks coming to LFS.
...I just realised.

You're all speculating on real cars.

When it's obviously the LX8.
Quote from Dalek0220 :...I just realised.
You're all speculating on real cars.
When it's obviously the LX8.

How can you say?
Quote from Flame CZE :How can you say?

It's obvious really. We've been moaning and whining for it for ages, and it's so obvious that it's the new car.
Quote from Intrepid :Sinbad you should feel lucky they don't charge a whole lot more. I know if I developed a sim it wouldn't be anywhere near as cheap as LFS. It's a freakin' bargain.

Sinbad or any other LFS user, shouldn´t feel lucky about anything. LFS is a comercial product that has a price set by their creators, not their costumers...
So as long as I payed what´s been asked for this product, I have no obligation of feeling lucky or honoured to be able to be part of the LFS community. And as long as anyone follows the rules set in this forum, I don´t see why you can´t express a opinion that doesn´t "praise" the devs, without looking ungrateful or a "moaner".
I think you're all missing the bigger picture here.

Look at the spread of cars and tracks across S1 and S2. What the hell makes you think that ALL you'll get in S3 for the same money is a single track? That's just stupid. It'll either be a lot less money (or none), or this is just the start of a run of new stuff before the full S3 release.

Personally I'd be happy to pay another £12 for whatever new stuff they give us as long as one of those is the graphics engine update, because that would then give us the lighting support to have dynamic time of day races. That in itself would make it seem like we had more new content.

Without the graphic update I want 400 new cars and I think 17 tracks. And an elephant. Who doesn't want to race elephants? And the rally pack! And some Chelsea Whoppers. Mmmmm, Chelsea Whoppers...
Quote from chunkyracer :Sinbad or any other LFS user, shouldn´t feel lucky about anything. LFS is a comercial product that has a price set by their creators, not their costumers...
So as long as I payed what´s been asked for this product, I have no obligation of feeling lucky or honoured to be able to be part of the LFS community. And as long as anyone follows the rules set in this forum, I don´t see why you can´t express a opinion that doesn´t "praise" the devs, without looking ungrateful or a "moaner".

There's a difference between showing frustration, and then someone on this thread calling the developers behavour 'twatty'.

I would like LFS to be perfect. I would liek updates everyday but christ almighty I wouldn't call the developers twats. By calling THEM twatty I would be callng myself a TWAT for not going out and actually trying to do what THEY do myself.

You are freakin' lucky! Your lucky that all the sim developers don't sit back and think... we are under charging massively here because I am sure they could charge a whole lot more (just look at iRacing). You lot are treated like freakin' spoilt kids!
Quote from Dajmin :I think you're all missing the bigger picture here.

Look at the spread of cars and tracks across S1 and S2. What the hell makes you think that ALL you'll get in S3 for the same money is a single track? That's just stupid. It'll either be a lot less money (or none), or this is just the start of a run of new stuff before the full S3 release.

Personally I'd be happy to pay another £12 for whatever new stuff they give us as long as one of those is the graphics engine update, because that would then give us the lighting support to have dynamic time of day races. That in itself would make it seem like we had more new content.

Without the graphic update I want 400 new cars and I think 17 tracks. And an elephant. Who doesn't want to race elephants? And the rally pack! And some Chelsea Whoppers. Mmmmm, Chelsea Whoppers...

+1.

We've got loads of new stuff since S2 release

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG