The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Or... Don't buy a laptop in the first place.
Quote from Bose321 :Or... Don't buy a laptop in the first place.

Or... we were talking about xbot 369.
oh what the ffffffuuu, I typed laptop, but i meant xbot350
Quote from batteryy :i wish i could lower my xbox setting lol, xbox cant run GTA IV perfectly fps drops alot especyally at night when theres a huge amount of lights and you drive some bridge

Either there is something wrong with your xbox/setup, or your over exaggerating. Whenever i decide to have a night in on the weekends, then i usually get a bunch of mates round and we play on the PC's/Xbox and there usually on all day and night. The Xbox has never missed a beat. I certainly dont get slow-down during night. The only time it slows down is when i create a big explosion, but the slow-down only last's a second.

And just to add, yes, you are meant to turn off the xbox every 4 hours or so to give it a break. Same for the PS3.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Either there is something wrong with your xbox/setup, or your over exaggerating. Whenever i decide to have a night in on the weekends, then i usually get a bunch of mates round and we play on the PC's/Xbox and there usually on all day and night. The Xbox has never missed a beat. I certainly dont get slow-down during night. The only time it slows down is when i create a big explosion, but the slow-down only last's a second.

And just to add, yes, you are meant to turn off the xbox every 4 hours or so to give it a break. Same for the PS3.

oh i see well i think my disc has been broken all the time. its never really worked perfectly, at first screen freezed in amloust every one hour, then i installed it on xbox and it doesnt do anymore. but now it has alittle fps drop on bridges at night and when i blow stuff up
Quote from batteryy :oh i see well i think my disc has been broken all the time. its never really worked perfectly, at first screen freezed in amloust every one hour, then i installed it on xbox and it doesnt do anymore. but now it has alittle fps drop on bridges at night and when i blow stuff up

Oh, you mean you get like bad loading sometimes, like missing textures? I got this when i replaced my RROD'd xbox.

Just install the game to HD, and it stops it. Or atleast it did for me! You also get much faster loading times too, as its reading the data from HD, and not from the CD drive.
Hello all.
I am consider getting GTA IV but i only have 1gb memory and 8600GT (256) vid card. So would i be able to play it or do i need to buy some more memory to run it at ease?
Quote from Jazzka :Hello all.
I am consider getting GTA IV but i only have 1gb memory and 8600GT (256) vid card. So would i be able to play it or do i need to buy some more memory to run it at ease?

If your PC is running Windows XP, and depending on your processor, you'll be able to run it with low graphics (everything that requires memory you'll need to put medium or low, maybe one of the settings on high, but only one of them). But things that require processing from the processor, if yours is good, you'll be able to put it maxed out (such as vehicle density and detail distance).
If your PC is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you'll be required to set everything (except for detail distance and vehicle density) to low, otherwise you won't be able to play properly. This game needs a lot of memory.
Quote from Velociround :If your PC is running Windows XP, and depending on your processor, you'll be able to run it with low graphics (everything that requires memory you'll need to put medium or low, maybe one of the settings on high, but only one of them). But things that require processing from the processor, if yours is good, you'll be able to put it maxed out (such as vehicle density and detail distance).
If your PC is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you'll be required to set everything (except for detail distance and vehicle density) to low, otherwise you won't be able to play properly. This game needs a lot of memory.

no i have 8600 gt
2gb ram
xp pro 32 bit
and a 2.4ghz quad core processor and it runs at around 7 fps on everything minimum settings
And i have even crappeir rig than yours.
3800+ AMD 64 X2
OS XP
1GB mem and Nvidia 8600GT
Maybe its me time to update my box to keep up with world.
But thanks all for quick reply
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Oh, you mean you get like bad loading sometimes, like missing textures? I got this when i replaced my RROD'd xbox.

Just install the game to HD, and it stops it. Or atleast it did for me! You also get much faster loading times too, as its reading the data from HD, and not from the CD drive.

yah i had exactly that problem when i bought it, but then i asked my friend about it and he said to install on hd and now it works good. only problem is the slightly too slow fps on bridges at night in highspeed
Quote from batteryy :yah i had exactly that problem when i bought it, but then i asked my friend about it and he said to install on hd and now it works good. only problem is the slightly too slow fps on bridges at night in highspeed

you lucky people :P i can't install to HD cause i have only like 8gb of space.
Quote from mutt107 :you lucky people :P i can't install to HD cause i have only like 8gb of space.

i got still about 20-30 gp left out of 60
GTA iv is going to fail so hard when i try it with my onboard 8200gt. Well atleast it is (possibly) 512mb.
I've just purchased a Q9550, and I'm very happy so I'll go for some new benchmarks, and also a benchmark of an overclocked E5200 (the processor I had before, which I sold to a friend of mine and he oc'd it).

Quote :Statistics
Average FPS: 49.46
Duration: 37.00 sec
CPU Usage: 92%
System memory usage: 81%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: High
View Distance: 17
Detail Distance: 51

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Video Driver version: 190.38
Audio Adapter: Real

PC settings (a friend of mine's pc, from benchmark above):
Core E5200 2.5GHz @ 3.8
2GB RAM DDR2 667MHz @ 881MHz
8800GT 512MB stock
15" LG monitor (thus 1024x768)
Everything on GTA IV is set on HIGH. Shadow density 0.

Now, a comparison benchmark with a Q9550 using the same settings

Average FPS: 61.04
Duration: 37.05 sec
CPU Usage: 74%
System memory usage: 77%
Video memory usage: 94%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1024 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Filter Quality: Highest
View Distance: 17
Detail Distance: 51

Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Audio Adapter: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

File ID: Benchmark.cli

PC settings (my pc, from benchmark above)
Core Q9550 2.83GHz @ 2.83 (stock)
3 GB RAM DDR2 @ 667MHz (2GB 800MHz + 1GB 667MHz at flex memory mode)
9800GT 512MB stock
Exactly the same settings as my friend's computer (with E5200) in order to compare the FPS.

And now, a benchmark of the game with the same graphics I'm using to play right now (not comparison with anything).

Average FPS: 41.88
Duration: 37.20 sec
CPU Usage: 86%
System memory usage: 72%
Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Filter Quality: Highest
View Distance: 10
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Audio Adapter: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli

Everything on very high, vehicle density 100, shadow density 16. Please notice I only have 512MB of video memory, and I'm using about 400MB extra of RAM for graphics so I can't really get view distance any higher because of lack of video card memory. But graphics look great regardless.
Will this run it?

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q8200 [2.33GHz, 4MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]

6GB DDR-3 Ram (4 dimms)

Windows Vista Home Premium.

HIS Radeon HD 4850 512mb.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Will this run it?

6GB DDR 3 Ram (4 dimms)

Yes.
Wow, Q9550. In fact its in my *dream about to buy it* list. Seems like a nice processor and currently my system is bottlenecking. Need some more ram and a processor. But still, 2 core owns 4 core - a good fact. I mean, for gamers, 2 cores are better. For gamers/renderers and such stuff, 4 cores are better.
but...6 gb with 4 dimms? 2x 2 gb and 2x1 gb?
id say it prolly would run better without the 2x 1 gb ones...
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :but...6 gb with 4 dimms? 2x 2 gb and 2x1 gb?

It should run fine, i dont think it matters how many dimms u got or in other word, how many slots are filled up.

In overclocking, its important to keep as less dimms in slot as possible, but no i dont think it matters on gaming side.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Will this run it?

6GB DDR 3 Ram (4 dimms)

got the same but 3 gig ram and ATI radeon 4850?

so it will run on this comp too?
didnt buy it yet because i heard it got some problems with the ati cards..
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :but...6 gb with 4 dimms? 2x 2 gb and 2x1 gb?

Quote from hazaky :It should run fine, i dont think it matters how many dimms u got or in other word, how many slots are filled up.

In overclocking, its important to keep as less dimms in slot as possible, but no i dont think it matters on gaming side.

I think your referring to dual channel - any new board should work fine with dual channel on that setup (or at least for the last 6 months i've had every possible combination of 1 and 2GB DIMMS across 2 PC's and have always had dual channel as long as I had even numbers of each stick). It's only gonna be an issue if you have 3 sticks (not for i7 boards, though).
Specifically around how much FPS will my specs get for the game? I'm aiming for 30 with the newest 1.03 patch.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG