The online racing simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :We are still at S2 Alpha.

I also don't get why so many people want S3 so fast. I hope S3 won't be out until in 10 years because it would mean more updates.

I love updates Keep them coming
Cya
Quote from Furiously-Fast :+1 to that. And that would also mean we would have to pay another £12 for the game!

Well, it is Friday, we DID get an update, but no Scirocco. Ah well, there is always next week.

I think we should pay more, yes you read well. More
LFS is cheap as it is now

sry double post
Quote from zeugnimod :We are still at S2 Alpha.

I also don't get why so many people want S3 so fast. I hope S3 won't be out until in 10 years because it would mean more updates.

Personally LFS is lacking behind other sims now, S3 needs to be released sooner rather than later.. IMO!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Personally LFS is lacking behind other sims now, S3 needs to be released sooner rather than later.. IMO!

But why?

What does a number behind the S matter?
Because it means we have better features.. such as.. perhaps.. detailed bumps on the tracks? "Decent" graphics and interiors, sorting out some of the physics flaws, adding some new tracks and adding better damage and other effects.

Honestly if iRacing wasn't so expensive I'd be playing that ATM. It's just a more rounded product..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because it means we have better features.. such as.. perhaps.. detailed bumps on the tracks? "Decent" graphics and interiors, sorting out some of the physics flaws, adding some new tracks and adding better damage and other effects.

All of those things do take time so it's impossible to have it "sooner rather than later".
Then the devs should expect people to either :

A) Complain

or

B) Find another piece of software..

I mean come on, just look at LFS it's like using a DX7 engine with DX8 shaders?? This is 2009 and it's being held back for the 5% of people that still think an Intel shared card is good for gaming.. :doh:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then the devs should expect people to either :

A) Complain

or

I'm pretty sure they do expect that.

After all it's the fault of those people if they are too impatient and rather waste their time moaning and whining than having fun with LFS as it is.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm pretty sure they do expect that.

After all it's the fault of those people if they are too impatient and rather waste their time moaning and whining than having fun with LFS as it is.

Well have you thought that there is maybe nothing much left from LFS that gives that "fun" factor? Why do you think old games (single player) die out?

Sure, you get different expierences racing with different people. But the cars are the same, the tracks are the same. It just gets boring....
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Personally LFS is lacking behind other sims now, S3 needs to be released sooner rather than later.. IMO!

IMO! You should go play rSucktor because it has cool mods although it sucks.
Quote from LightningBladeR32 :For GOD'S SAKE!!! Scirocco Has Supposed To Be Out In DECEMBER. It Is Now 5 Months Later And STILL NO SCIROCCO

WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM LFS?!?! The Whole Reason I Play It Again After Quitting (Used To Play 0.5 X) I Saw The News And Was Like OMG A Licinced Car Is Out?!?!

After Almost Half A YEAR The Posponed Message Is Still On The HomePage At lfs.net. I Wonder If They Are Actually Doing The Damn Thing. HURRY UP IF YOU HAVENT CANCELED IT!!!

This Is Stupid. I Have Changed Over To A More Realistic Game Just Like LFS Called Project Torque. It Is Way Better And There ARE Licinced Cars And Fantasy Cars As Well That Resemble Real Life Cars.

So Listen Up LFS! This Is Getting WAYYY To Far. If Your Going To Make People Excited And Happy Abour The Game, Dont Put FAKE Licinced Car News Or Fake Youtube Commercials. Its Dumb.

So If You're Going TO Make The Damn Car, Make It. And Tell Us When The Hell It's Coming Out. Because I Am Very Mad About This. I Am Super Close To Quitting For Good Unless Scirocco Comes Out By The Time School Is Out For Summer. So DO IT

:soapbox:

The trouble with repetition is that it gets awfully repetetive after a while.

Quote from Danny LFS :IMO! You should go play rSucktor because it has cool mods although it sucks.

Most informed opinion evarrr!

Anyway, there's always GPL, then again, development pace in GPL land isn't exactly like lightning, perhaps the entire racing sim community is slowing down?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Why? An update would be no different whether it is called S3 or Z587. I don't really see how it is "lacking" either. It has features that some sims do not, and vice versa.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Because it means we have better features.. such as.. perhaps.. detailed bumps on the tracks? "Decent" graphics and interiors, sorting out some of the physics flaws, adding some new tracks and adding better damage and other effects.

Honestly if iRacing wasn't so expensive I'd be playing that ATM. It's just a more rounded product..

I do not see how iRacing is a more "rounded" product at all. LFS is still the best sim overall. It has more content and it is more fun.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then the devs should expect people to either :

A) Complain

or

I mean come on, just look at LFS it's like using a DX7 engine with DX8 shaders?? This is 2009 and it's being held back for the 5% of people that still think an Intel shared card is good for gaming.. :doh:

So what LFS gfx do not push our systems to the limit, they are still very good and considering most people are not playing LFS for gfx, I don't think it should matter at all anyway.

Whenever I get a bit bored of LFS I take a little break, but I always find myself coming back and finding LFS just as fun as ever. If you don't like it then stop playing and go play something else but I can almost guarantee you will be back playing LFS again at some point.
Quote from Gills4life :It has more content and it is more fun.

That is very subjective, for some of us that have been around for quite some time it isn't that much fun anymore..
Quote from diablo21 :That is very subjective, for some of us that have been around for quite some time it isn't that much fun anymore..

true..
Quote from diablo21 :That is very subjective, for some of us that have been around for quite some time it isn't that much fun anymore..

Like I said, stop playing and have a break. You will be back though. :mischievo However stale the content is, it is still very fun. You can't have pickup races with your friends on other sims like you can on LFS.
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by danthebangerboy : couldnt be arsed to reply to it.
Quote from DevilDare :Well have you thought that there is maybe nothing much left from LFS that gives that "fun" factor?

No.

I race for almost 4 and a half years now and I'm having more fun than ever.

Quote from DevilDare :Sure, you get different expierences racing with different people. But the cars are the same, the tracks are the same. It just gets boring....

The cars and tracks may be the same but EVERY race is different. Racing gets never boring.
XRG DRIFTING :lovies3d:
Quote from zeugnimod :
The cars and tracks may be the same but EVERY race is different. Racing gets never boring.

I agree completely! That's what I was trying to say. LFS is fun because the racing is very fun and it is very easy to find a race and just go for it. No mucking about.
It depends.

There are people (not mentioning any names) who play LFS only and just for the sake of racing. People in this group aren't really that interested in the hardcore realism of LFS, as they might just use some old arcadey steering wheels (or mice/joysticks and what not) and even custom/chase cameras to gain that little bit of advantage in their races. This group of people can accept the LFS development pace just fine as is, as they don't really care about anything else but the racing aspect. They recycle the available content over and over, without getting tired of it. They find the racing part most exciting, the realism is just a fun side effect.

The other group of people, I think are in it for the car simulation enthusiasm. This group isn't all that dedicated for just that pure racing sensation, but more of trying to feel the car and the physics around it while trying to drive as close as possible as in real life. Racing is still important for this group, but they aren't interested in maximizing their racing efficiency with unrealistic cameras and clutch macros. I think this group will also get bored of LFS much sooner than the "racing is all that matters" -group as they depend more on the content and less on how high standings they get in their races. Variety of cars and tracks is the key for this group. They find the realism most fun, good racing is just the side effect.

It all boils down to which option each group finds more fun personally.
good post Matrixi.
I am group 2, but LFS is never boring.
I think you missed out a 3rd group that loves LFS for easy racing and for realism. I for one am never using 360 degree rotation in any TBO car or GTR when racing in LFS. Always using manuel clutch and H-shifter when it applies, so I race LFS while making it as realistic as possible. The fact that others might be quicker because their settings make it easier, does not bother me at all. The racing is still fantastic.
Quote from Matrixi :It depends.

There are people (not mentioning any names) who play LFS only and just for the sake of racing. People in this group aren't really that interested in the hardcore realism of LFS, as they might just use some old arcadey steering wheels (or mice/joysticks and what not) and even custom/chase cameras to gain that little bit of advantage in their races. This group of people can accept the LFS development pace just fine as is, as they don't really care about anything else but the racing aspect. They recycle the available content over and over, without getting tired of it. They find the racing part most exciting, the realism is just a fun side effect.

The other group of people, I think are in it for the car simulation enthusiasm. This group isn't all that dedicated for just that pure racing sensation, but more of trying to feel the car and the physics around it while trying to drive as close as possible as in real life. Racing is still important for this group, but they aren't interested in maximizing their racing efficiency with unrealistic cameras and clutch macros. I think this group will also get bored of LFS much sooner than the "racing is all that matters" -group as they depend more on the content and less on how high standings they get in their races. Variety of cars and tracks is the key for this group. They find the realism most fun, good racing is just the side effect.

It all boils down to which option each group finds more fun personally.

There are not only 2 groups of people. Everyone has his own preferances.

Don’t fall in the same mistake categorizing peoples in the same way others do for drifters.
You seem to “screen” anyone who plays LFS only and just for the sake of racing as the type of person who could do anything in order to gain an unrealistic advantage.

One can be satisfied, in a way, by the current physics as far as racing is concerned, (actualy nearly all real world driving-racing-general car controll principles still apply in LFS regardless the flaws) never get bored as long as there is healthy racing competition out there, still be aware of the physics flaws and looking forward for improvements, (tyres in LFS need improovements in many other aspects than just heating) and after all respect that this is a project of 3 peoples who have chosen to work that way.

Yeah class balancing issues and the inaccurate tire load sensitivity model bothers me a lot. But that’s all. It just bothers me and puts me off. If I am tired I just go and play something else. It’s a better thing to do than just trying to categorize people and basically insult anyone who believes something different than me.
personally playing lfs for just over one year i think that its the tracks. LFS has nice tracks but not enough of them that is the biggest thing i see compared to iracing which im playing now., I love fern bay but the curbs are ridiculous prolly my only gripe about the tracks. im glad i have another option to go to while i wait.

someone said lfs is lacking behind other sims. but i think tis a 50/50 thing like iracing doesnt yet have a modeled clutch nor does it model dirt on tires so besides you might spin there is no negative effects for getting tires dirty.lfs has a way better pit layout and interface,then iracing has things that lfs doesnt. but it still AMAZES me that only 3 poeple make lfs.

One thing is for sure you might wait a long time for a update but its proper when it comes.
Hell i would continue playing lfs if it was only the RAC
Quote from kaynd :There are not only 2 groups of people. Everyone has his own preferances.

Of course there are. I just created two virtual groups of people, everyone belongs to more or less to the other one stronger than to the other. It wasn't an insult in any way, don't take it as one.

Edit: Oh, and I guess this virtual "third group" or whatever could still be so new to LFS, that they haven't had enough time to get bored of the available content yet.
i totally agree, a friend of mine always complains that lfs doesn't meet the nowadays graphic possibilities and that the cars are not existing cars... but he is used to playing games like PGR 4 (i like that game too, because it looks nice) but there aren't that much things on my pc where i get such a big smile off then lfs (you can guess the other ones :P)
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG