The online racing simulator
Quote from Kalev EST :Frickin awesome!!!

Chelsea got screwed but they deserved it. I haven't seen such anti-football by a team in Champions League knock out stages for a long time.

I havent seen such a domination of a team, and yet still loosing, just because of rude defense for a long time....
Here we go.

The ref was absolutely crap, and Andy Gray got it 100% correct when he asked why UEFA can't take refs from countries that are used to that tempo of football.
  • Drogba dived in the box three times and should have been off.
  • Abidal did not touch Anelka and should never have been off.
  • Pique's handball was a stonewaller.
  • Dani Alves should never have been booked for contesting a header.
  • Why wasn't Essien booked for leaving the field of play after scoring?
Take in last nights performance, where Fletcher was wrongly send off and what we have is the problem of Football.

On another topic. Any Man Utd fans on here, can I ask what do you think of Fletcher? I know 3 years or so ago, he was getting a raw deal...but i honestly think he's one of the better midfielders in the EPL.

As for Chelsea, they showed themselves to be what they are. The performance of the players was nothing short of shocking. Compare Fletchers and Man Utd's reactions and they acted with a bit more dignity and humility.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :can I ask what do you think of Fletcher?

I think he's pretty good. He might not have the flair of Ronaldo or the pure skill of Giggs but he's fairly solid. He gets the job done, though he's not noticed much IMO
Worst referee EVER!

At least we won't have to see Ballack again the final now () and we will get to see Messi. <3
Ahh Fletcher was very unlucky to get a red card, I even felt abit sorry for him!.

I think Fletcher is good, but not good enough to find consistent first team football at a top 4 team. He plays allot like Carrick, a great passer of the ball and a good work horse. I think Carrick is one of the best midfielders in the EPL - he has excellent vision, great passing and the ability to slow the game down to his tempo, kind of like Alonso over at 'pool. Fletcher has had a good season this year, when he's called upon he always delivers I think thats why Fergie has kept him involved. Unfortunately if Hargreaves is fit next season I think Fletcher will be even further down the pecking order.
From the BBC Live Text from tonights game

Quote :BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Stamford Bridge: "Didier Drogba - whose lack of self-discipline saw him sent off in last season's Champions League final against Manchester United - marched on to the field in flip-flops to launch a senseless and pointless verbal assault on referee Tom Henning Ovrebo after the final whistle. He was still being restrained after receiving a yellow card and was held back as the Norwegian official made his way down the tunnel.

flip-flops............................wuss.
I think the real problem here are FIFA and UEFA.

FIFA are just being to closed minded. Football needs a TV referee, like rugby. IT would sort out all these silly penalties and red cards. The referees need to come down on divers like a ton of bricks. It's disgraceful how some players act on the pitch. It's ruining football.

On UEFA's part, it is so bloody stupid that the 3 people missing the final cannot get their ruling overturned. Give the 2 refs tv evidence and i'm 100% positive that they would say they were in the wrong.
They should use the system they use in Tennis, they can only ask for a video replay a certain number of times, if they get it wrong 3 times they can't appeal anymore decisions. The ref's wouldn't like it though, some of them have bigger ego's than the players.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They should use the system they use in Tennis, they can only ask for a video replay a certain number of times, if they get it wrong 3 times they can't appeal anymore decisions. The ref's wouldn't like it though, some of them have bigger ego's than the players.

This is not just incompetence of the referee..it's more, its the final "everyone" wanted, the final that give better TV audience...the refereee SAW what happened.
Quote from fujiwara :This is not just incompetence of the referee..it's more, its the final "everyone" wanted, the final that give better TV audience...the refereee SAW what happened.

Oh come on...you're seriously going to suggest there was a conspiracy against Chelsea . Tell me why the Barcelona player was sent off for hee-haw and how did Henry never got a blatant penalty in the first leg?

I was listening to the phone in shows on the radio and everyone called in saying, “Uefa didn’t want an all English Final” and “The whole thing was set against Chelsea” but none of them could fit in the above facts to the conspiracy theory.
If there were solid facts no one was calling this "conspiracy theory".
This kind of referee allways remind me what happened in the world cup of Korea and Japan when Korea played Spain and Italy...
I'm still shocked. That NBA playoffs slogan should also aply here: "where amazing happens"

I can't say those were clear penalties, MAYBE that hand-play by Pique, but other then that, clean and BRAVE reactions by the deffenders.
But, i can't, with clear concience say that Barsa deserved to win, Hidink fu*king outsmart Guardiola by a LONG shot, he killed barsa's play, it may not be nice to watch, but i don't know, if your good, you gotta find a way to score the goal, and barsa was NOWHERE, Messi, Eto, have they even played?
I don't know, i felt sorry for the Chelsea, i really did..
Quote from fujiwara :If there were solid facts no one was calling this "conspiracy theory".
This kind of referee allways remind me what happened in the world cup of Korea and Japan when Korea played Spain and Italy...

Then how does Barcelona getting a player sent off, benfit Barcelona and helps secures their place in the final?
Jeeezz... So much ruckluss over a football mach. English football is for me, a big hooligan fetish of ball horny bastards that are just to entertain themself by acting like inbreed monkys that goes apeshit everytime they disagree.
Quote from The Very End :Jeeezz... So much ruckluss over a football mach. English football is for me, a big hooligan fetish of ball horny bastards that are just to entertain themself by acting like inbreed monkys that goes apeshit everytime they disagree.

That made no sense.
you got tha damn rite no sense at all....
Quote from The Very End :Jeeezz... So much ruckluss over a football mach. English football is for me, a big hooligan fetish of ball horny bastards that are just to entertain themself by acting like inbreed monkys that goes apeshit everytime they disagree.

And yet, neither Drogba or Ballack are English, nor is the referee. I see no sense in saying that it has anything to do with the teams being english.
Quote from Gills4life :And yet, neither Drogba or Ballack are English, nor is the referee. I see no sense in saying that it has anything to do with the teams being english.

The fans sending the death threats are English though
I haven't heard of any death threats. If there are then I assume that they are being aimed at the referee?
Ok ok, i have one thing to say really.......

......Lets all laugh at Drogba, lets all laugh at Drogba.

But on a serious note and i know saying more than one thing, that was a shocking red. Both teams could feel cheated by him. And what amazing goals were scored. I think because of the ref, we don't really appreciate both of the goals. They were simply outstanding. And Essian will never ever score another goal like that.
i think he will
Quote from zeugnimod :That made no sense.

Quote from dan926 :you got tha damn rite no sense at all....

What I aimed for

Quote from Gills4life :I haven't heard of any death threats. If there are then I assume that they are being aimed at the referee?

Yes. A lot of people sending him and his family death threats, aswell as a lot of the english press that has invaded his homeplace waiting for him to come home. It's disgusting, english fotball proved yet again just how bad it is.
I do not watch much fotball, but when things like this happens I start wondering just _what_ kind if supporters the english supporters are.

Sure, he the judge did 3 big mistakes. However, it's hard to judge, and he had a bad day at work. Would like to see some of the supporters that has threatened his family to judge a match.
You make it out that only fans from England act like hooligans, which is extremely unfair anyway.
Quote from The Very End :Yes. A lot of people sending him and his family death threats, aswell as a lot of the english press that has invaded his homeplace waiting for him to come home. It's disgusting, english fotball proved yet again just how bad it is.
I do not watch much fotball, but when things like this happens I start wondering just _what_ kind if supporters the english supporters are.

This has nothing to do with "english football". Just with some eejits who think they are football "fans".

And those "fans" are in every country. Just look at Italy or Holland.

Tbh, I get the impression that you aren't interested in the game "football" itself at all and just use this as a way to state how bad it is.
Quote from zeugnimod :This has nothing to do with "english football". Just with some eejits who think they are football "fans".

And those "fans" are in every country. Just look at Italy or Holland.

Tbh, I get the impression that you aren't interested in the game "football" itself at all and just use this as a way to state how bad it is.

I agree with you, but for some reason i feel that England fans are the wrost. I know that Italian fans have always been bad but english just seem to take it to far. And then the English press are just as bad as the fans. The press are always bad and probably the worst in the world.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG