The online racing simulator
Quote from Dopey :I think its getting to be a little retarded on how the hipe is being portrayed about this damn car.

Not all of us are only waiting for the Scirocco.

For the record, the patch contains much more than that, if you use the test patches, you'd find out.

I'm not concerned about the scirocco, I'm merely concerned about the total lack of updates since Scawen told us about moving house, thats 2 and a half months in itself - 10 weeks!

Since December, we've had one update from the developers, and that didn't mention how far they've come with the patch, so how are we to know development is still happening? I notice that there's a thread here, one that we're posting in, that the devs could pop in and just tell us how they're getting on and a vague hint of how long it may take from this date.

The delay of the patch isn't the problem here, the complete silence from the developers is the problem. One starts to think it will be December 2009 when its released. Considering we're into April now, we're out of "Early 2009".
Tirrick: july is just my expectation
dontpannic: this is what I am talking about...I still like LFS and I will, but now I am not waiting for next patch. It comes when it comes and then I will be kindly surprised. In january I visited lfs.net every day just to check, if there is new patch, now I just use to get on the forum. Hype is over, I am just regular player with no expectations now
Quote from TiricK :Please nooooo :guilty: I need Scirocco in the LFS.... and compare with the real life but... nothing...wait information

See u racers and sorry for my english

you need the scirocco in LFS? i think no... its just another car...
i really wish that the devs release it as fast as possible, but i think scawen has a good reason or maybe a surprise for us so simply wait and see
Quote from GothaR_SVK :dontpannic: this is what I am talking about...I still like LFS and I will, but now I am not waiting for next patch. It comes when it comes and then I will be kindly surprised. In january I visited lfs.net every day just to check, if there is new patch, now I just use to get on the forum. Hype is over, I am just regular player with no expectations now

Same for me. I got fed up of checking if the patch was there and instead of whinging about it on the forums, I set LFSWorld SMS alerts to tell me when the patch has been released and still race as I normally would. The patch being delayed isn't a reason to stop playing LFS totally, it still is the best racing simulator out there and nothing is going to change that, however if the developers keep quiet, many racers will fear that development has stopped. 4 months ago, the patch was a week away, thats the problem here.
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :you need the scirocco in LFS? i think no... its just another car...
i really wish that the devs release it as fast as possible, but i think scawen has a good reason or maybe a surprise for us so simply wait and see

Yes, yes.... I am waiting.... but.... Waiting from december and no comment, no information,no test patch, etc.... the racers entry to the web for read "New patch whit Scirocco and more" or "Hello racers, sorry, the patch is posponed again..." information, only information

Sorry for my english
Quote from dontpannic :4 months ago, the patch was a week away, thats the problem here.

Exactly, but I am sure it has been discussed in this thread many times
Let's race, patch will come...sometimes.
Scawen, do Your work, and don't bother with the forum . Sure we want Scirocco , but even if some of us will leave, we'll be back with update . Go for the perfection .
More than 50% of those statements are actually correct, IMO.

Maybe not the exact wording but the basic idea of them.
"Eric is quiet because he is so busy working"...

Ha ha!
I'm more interested in the things Scawen said he wanted to implement before moving to Beta, rather than the Scirocco itself.

Namely:

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

I'd hope that a good chunk of work is done on these behind the scenes by now, which would be worth the wait, for me at least. Who knows, maybe Scawen will surprise us all and release a test patch on Monday with DX11, 7.1 surround and the doppler effect on horns
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I'm more interested in the things Scawen said he wanted to implement before moving to Beta, rather than the Scirocco itself.

Namely:
- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

The bold is already done in one of the latest test patches
I guess we're 20% of the way there then

Great news everyone, only 4 more years until S2 Beta
Let's play Bingo

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Great news everyone, only 4 more years until S2 Beta

"Go play something different if you don't like the development speed"
Quote from Amynue :
"Go play something different if you don't like the development speed"

"don't moan about the development! You haven't raced all the combos yet!"
Did you people miss the post in which Scawen said they don't like motivational pictures?

Since they own the game and the forum it seems both wise and respectful to avoid posting them, or should we assume you're doing that on purpose to piss them off?
Quote from NightShift :Did you people miss the post in which Scawen said they don't like motivational pictures?

Since they own the game and the forum it seems both wise and respectful to avoid posting them, or should we assume you're doing that on purpose to piss them off?

Quote from NightShift :Did you people miss the post in which Scawen said they don't like motivational pictures?

He said "Actually it's just a minor irritation, which doesn't affect development". So we can play bingo as we are bored to death of waiting for beautiful Scirocco.
ffs iRacing got 11 cars after 5(!) years of developement, and everyone is happy.

WTF is with you people.
Quote from Shadowww :ffs iRacing got 11 cars after 5(!) years of developement, and everyone is happy.

WTF is with you people.

"iRacing sucks in comparison because LFS is much cheaper."

Sorry, just had to.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :"iRacing sucks in comparison because LFS is much cheaper."

Sorry, just had to.

"Furiously-Fast sucks in comparsion to vari because he can't say something original"

Sorry, just had to.
Quote from Shadowww :ffs iRacing got 11 cars after 5(!) years of developement, and everyone is happy.

Who cares about iRacing? "iRacing sucks in comparison because LFS is much cheaper"

EDIT: Sorry, Furiously-Fast was faster :P
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG