The online racing simulator
Guys, some new gaphical bugs appeared after Z Test patches, and they might be quiet difficult do fix. I'm not a full time programmer, but i know that sometimes a small bug can take week to fix(simply searching for it through the code is really tiresome). Scawen propably didn't expect such a problems, and new bugs are still posted :/. I believe that he is hard working on it.
And maybe they are working on setup limitations for all cars.
I hope not.. at least not toally... for crying out loud, what we need is something like IRacing stuff, ROOKIE setups and PRO(like it is now, because it is fun playing with suspensions, differencials settings etc) setups, and server enforcing one. Thanks to LFS i've learned a lot about car behaviour and I love playing with those options.
Quote from wartek :maybe they have a problem with people from VW?

I suppose they have signed a contract? that is legally binding, if the VW folks changed their minds Scavier could sue them and have the terms of the contract enforced. And why should VW change their minds anyway?

As far as we are concerned, both the parts have honored their obligations, it's now up to Scavier to release the car whenever they feel is ready, we have no reason to think Scawen has concealed info about it (and why would he?), and we all know he takes his time before releasing something.

Quote from GothaR_SVK :I was still thinking, that VW is going to pay to developers for this as a part of advertisement campaign. Am I wrong?

I sincerely hope they got paid, but IMO it was only for having the virtual Scirocco delivered in time for the GC in Leipzig.

I don't think VW would see having the car included in LFS as 'advertising', the car is only for licensed users and thus will be enjoyed by a limited number of people, who are not necessarily part of the target segment which could be lured into buying the real car.

BTW car licensing usually works the other way round, it's the game developer who pays for the car, meaning manufacturers don't generally see sims as an advertising media.

As the license is something the manufacturer can sell, VW likely threw it in the deal as to save some pounds.
Quote from NightShift :I suppose they have signed a contract? that is legally binding, if the VW folks changed their minds Scavier could sue them and have the terms of the contract enforced. And why should VW change their minds anyway?

As far as we are concerned, both the parts have honored their obligations, it's now up to Scavier to release the car whenever they feel is ready, we have no reason to think Scawen has concealed info about it (and why would he?), and we all know he takes his time before releasing something.

I sincerely hope they got paid, but IMO it was only for having the virtual Scirocco delivered in time for the GC in Leipzig.

I don't think VW would see having the car included in LFS as 'advertising', the car is only for licensed users and thus will be enjoyed by a limited number of people, who are not necessarily part of the target segment which could be lured into buying the real car.

BTW car licensing usually works the other way round, it's the game developer who pays for the car, meaning manufacturers don't generally see sims as an advertising media.

As the license is something the manufacturer can sell, VW likely threw it in the deal as to save some pounds.

Yeah Scavier isn't paid for including the VWS in the game (Scawen said something about this a couple of months ago iirc).

But I think it is a very good step from the manufacturers in general, and a very positive aspect for Scavier. First of all, the team gets to have telemetry information for a mass production road car that they can use to improve LFS's physics model, while including a massively distributed modern car for no financial cost.

On Vw's side, it's a good marketing strategy as well, not for the LFS customers only (it is advertising for free, and among the 22k licensed users, there may be a couple hundreds that are potential customers, who can have a global idea of how the car behaves) but also for the brand's image: they are not afraid to submit their car to testing on the most unforgiving driving simulator ever built, and need not hide behind arcadish titles like the NFS series with a ton of conditions saying "You must make it perform super duper good so that it is attractive to people.

Come on, have you ever played NFS Carbon ? If so, you'll notice that the final boss's car (the Audi R8) performs better than every other car no matter how good you fine tune them. It takes hairpins of mountain roads at speeds that would make a F1 get pale.
Quote from Zen321 :
Come on, have you ever played NFS Carbon ? If so, you'll notice that the final boss's car (the Audi R8) performs better than every other car no matter how good you fine tune them. It takes hairpins of mountain roads at speeds that would make a F1 get pale.

Maybe it has the "+100% to downforce" sticker?
-
(Rodsk8punk) DELETED by SamH : Spam conversation with self.
-
(Danny LFS) DELETED by SamH : Spam conversation with self.
-
(Zen321) DELETED by SamH : Surplus
-
(three_jump) DELETED by three_jump
Gah.. I keep deleting posts but you lot keep posting. rodsk8punk is a 2nd account, which is being used for the purposes of trolling/stirring trouble - obviously this is against forum rules, so I'm closing that account.
Quote from three_jump :Maybe it has the "+100% to downforce" sticker?

Yeah I think so... Maybe the NFS developpers managed to find a ago to include nano-technology spoilers in the stickers, so that the total area of the billion downforce nano-spoilers is greater than the massive F1 spoilers.

But they also included NOS in them, because to be able to reach 400kph with that huge downforce, they need to increase the Hp output to counteract the air resistance.

Cooling is not a problem, since the bumpers have such huge vents, that when you reach 300kph, the ambiant hood temperature is something like 1°C and is very realisitic.
Because most demo users who post in this forum are cheapskates who want more and more content without paying and/or are blithering idiots.

On a sideonte, Rodsk8punk, the thing you quoted has nothing at all to do with demoers.

Damn: shouldn't press "post answer" AFTER i went to the bathroom...
Quote from Shadowww :O rly?
It's ~6 monthz.

We are not far from 9 month actually and it is by far the longest wait we ever had in all S2 history.
woowowowow scirocco is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk. sorry had nothing else to do
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :woowowowow scirocco is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk. sorry had nothing else to do

It's gonna be out on the 3rd of April!

From the unoffical source: Me. Don't agree? Ask why. xD
its out tonight, hence the reason for the servers going down, me thinks
I cant wait for the Scirocco to come out!!!!
Cmon' stop teasing us!
im guessing they're just putting in a 4gb stick of ram in the server/s :P
-
(GothaR_SVK) DELETED by GothaR_SVK
I start to think that we will end here:
Attached images
vws.jpg
when the scirocco is finally released, some of us might go: "wow, it's cool they put an oldtimer in the game."

And one day, progress just died... - LMAO
vws man i can´t wait..
a few weeks ago ive got the change to drive the top range of the rocco 2L

FSi with 200 Hp. ill hope it will be as real as in reallife O.o i hope you all got

the point if not let me brake it down easy for you " its a fu"king good car" and

nice to cruise with too so hury up and bring us the VWS soon =)
I can see it now... the day of the VW release and for a week after we will see 30+ servers all running the VW @ AS Club.

Exactly one week later, all these servers are gone (probably back to running FBM @ BL) and the forum will once again be full of teenagers bitching about not having something new.
This thread is closed

[MERGED] Scirocco enquiry threads
(2369 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG