The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
anyone know what rsrbr 09 is like ?
Quote from jwardy :anyone know what rsrbr 09 is like ?

At a guess I would say that it had a lot of similarities with RSRBR 08, but with maybe a bit more content.

Haven't tried it yet, got some serious housekeeping to do on my HD before I get around to re-installing RBR
im dl it now but its 920 mb and with my very good conection of 100kbps :faint2: ill be able to play by about ....... july
i played it. it just turns rbr into rFactor...
Quote from BenjiMC :i played it. it just turns rbr into rFactor...

that's a good thing, or a bad thing ? I just so want to try rbr again, but last time, nothing helped to get me ffb with g25+this vista install .. : > maybe this new mod fixes it miraculously
my Dl will finish in about 15 mins soo il tell ya if its any good , i had the 08 update on my old computer and it was ok , nothing special cos as u say it was like Rbrfactor , some of the mods were horrific
edit this also has night rallies in it apparently .
'Tis good! I haven't tried any other of the rsbrs, but what it does is provide you with a lot more content - loads of cars, a few tracks and some mods. To start it up, you open a program called 'RSCenter' and you get various options - what car, what track, what mod (night, all tarmac, gravel, snow, normal...), what weather, damage and whether you would like to play alone or with other people! I haven't tried out the online stuff yet, but you can participate in various leagues and single rallys etc. Then you click on a button, which opens RBR and you start on the config you selected in the RSCenter. You also get your stage times in RSCenter.

It's a faster way of applying new cars/tracks/mods and provides an online multiplayer service, basically. I love the tarmac mod!!

I only downloaded this ~1 week ago, and got RBR for christmas, so there's probably a lot I haven't tried! What should an RBR noob do now?
I've also had it since Christmas, but this mod stuff is so confusing. How do I import a car/carpack? I've tried the RBR car installer 1.2, but every time I start it up a black box pops up for a milisecnod and then closes. It says I don't have the correct number of arguements (I only know this because I got a screnshot of it before it disappeared).

Otherwise, I've been loving the game.
ok its very good and the night mod is fantastic , i did my first online rally about 15 mins ago and won by over 6 mins im soo happy lol
Just got it running, and I love it! Problem is that i don't know which carpack to pick from because of all the choices.
This mod is sweet, i've been playing it a lot more than anything else lately. Theres just so many different combinations of really good cars and tracks. Finally a decent game with an e30 M3 And the 911 turbo is pretty damn fun. But having the online stuff makes it a hell of a lot more fun and interesting. The guys from SRT have been hosting some servers and i've had a few races with them. I think i only managed beat them on 1 of the Australian tracks lol.
I've stayed well clear of the mods for RBR after trying rsrbr. All custom content I found was abysmally bad.

Vain
In lots of mods there seems to be the rFactor syndrome... 3D models are great and so on but cars are made too easy and too fast. And trying to to do any other car than WRC or Group N is pretty pointless anyway because of the limitations of modding.
Quote from Timdpr :
I only downloaded this ~1 week ago, and got RBR for christmas, so there's probably a lot I haven't tried! What should an RBR noob do now?

All gold at school?
Im running a session in 10 mins , 6 stages , 2 at night , 2 rain , and 2 normall , 5 tarmac stages , 1 gravel , AW08 pack being run , join under public sessions
hope to see some familiar people on there
Quote from yoyoML :All gold at school?

Did that on christmas day, with a keyboard, apart from the final test, where I got silver. First try on most. I keep thinking, if I did that well, why am I so bad at the proper rallies? Actually, I'm not that bad, but I have to be in the right frame of mind/have the right attitude.
Hi all, I have been playing RBR for a good few years, even before LFS and I started out getting good with the MG and then once I had got comfortable with that I moved onto the more powerful 4wd cars.

I think it helped me a lot with controlling fwd cars both in real life and in LFS. The grip levels are a tad optimistic on tarmac but that can be forgiven (more likely its me not having driven on WRC tarmac spec tyres before).

After hearing good things about RSRBR09 I think I might go through the tedium of a fresh install - I really like the idea of night rallies.

To those of you having issues with FFB in vista 64bit (may work in 32bit if your having issues) you need to remove some registry entries, this fixed it for me with my DFP. Just google RBR FFB fix and I got the registry path on RSC iirc.

Anyways, I really only wanted to post to show off - I just did a new personal record on the Aussie stage Mineshaft, a tidy time of 4:49:34 (standard scooby) and I can still see numerous places where I can improve, its just a question of keeping the car in that 99.5% limit for 5 full minutes.
Unfortunately it's difficult to judge on stagetimes unless you know how much practice was involved.
My mode of playing RBR typically is letting it rest for half a year, returning to do an hour of practice and then starting a championship.

The championships really do it for me. There're few gaming moments as intense as barely maintaining a lead during the french rally until the last stage and then having rain set in without the possibility of a tyre change. Blowing through the narrow french stages on dry tires in the rain without the slightest hint of vehicle control really is a lot of fun - if you make it.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Unfortunately it's difficult to judge on stagetimes unless you know how much practice was involved.
My mode of playing RBR typically is letting it rest for half a year, returning to do an hour of practice and then starting a championship.

The championships really do it for me. There're few gaming moments as intense as barely maintaining a lead during the french rally until the last stage and then having rain set in without the possibility of a tyre change. Blowing through the narrow french stages on dry tires in the rain without the slightest hint of vehicle control really is a lot of fun - if you make it.

Vain

how about getting to the last stage with a busted radiator and having ur engine fail half way through when u had a 5 minute lead earlier in the rally and blew it when slowing down and hitting the stage timers barrier at the end of the stage
RBR is one of those few games that makes you feel properly immersed, my favourite is trying to take the section of Chirdonhead after the first 90 degree bend as close to flat out as possible, you have to turn about a year before you reach corners, and get it wrong and you end up in the trees as 90mph.
Quote from 5haz :RBR is one of those few games that makes you feel properly immersed, my favourite is trying to take the section of Chirdonhead after the first 90 degree bend as close to flat out as possible, you have to turn about a year before you reach corners, and get it wrong and you end up in the trees as 90mph.

Which may be a good thing. Being completely frustrated by it is a bi-product. (and a negative, on top of that!)
I dld the mod a few days ago and i enjoy it, but randomly it will crash to desktop and annoy the crap through me, or will freeze.
But other then that, i am a snow master :P lol ive only driven it once and missed the stage record by 1 second still good fun though might try this online stuff
Crashing your car into a tree in one of the USA stages, spinning back on track and rolling over the finish line with a dead engine because the rest of the stage is downhill - now that's worth getting hit for. Which actually happened, the other players of the hot seat rally were not happy about my luck.
^ Lucky bastard

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG