The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Quote from three_jump :I hope someone from you rbr "freaks" can help me

After formating my PC and basicly using the same drivers as before (apart from a new ati and sound driver) RBR won't find my wheel, only the pedals. It doesn't work either with the logi profiler (tried 4.60 and 5.01) nor without it.

fixed it

for those interested: I could assign the wheel axis after I locked it with "Select + R3 + right paddle" to 180° steering angle in windows. After setting it up in RBR set it back in windows
I'm quite glad this isn't quite as much of an epic bump as I was expecting

I've been having problems setting up RBR with the 360 pad. Using the XBCD drivers I can get it detecting the triggers separately but both of the meters only go as far down as 50%. So while that's not a big deal for the throttle, having the brakes stuck at 50% all the time means the game isn't playable.

Anyone know of any mods I can download or settings I can tweak to get it sorted, or do I just need to write this one off as impossible without a wheel?
Force Feedback Problems
The force feedback doesn't work for me. I have the G25 wheel and Windows XP. When I do the force feedback test in RBR the wheel is completely dead. The registry fix doesn't work because im using XP. I havent found any fix when searching, please help me
Meh... Even with patch 1.02, the axis clear tool and deleting bits and pieces off the ini files I still haven't found a way to make the FFB work in XP.

Just a warning
I have the 1.02 patch, and still it won't work.
thats weird FFB works fine in RBR for me never had one issue with it sorry i cant help

PS G25 and XP no service packs though
Quote from MAD3.0LT :thats weird FFB works fine in RBR for me never had one issue with it sorry i cant help

PS G25 and XP no service packs though

hmm, I have service pack 3. But can that really be the problem?
no idea mate i dont install service packs dont like wasted memory i like all my 2gig ddr 667 ram to my self

um its only RBR the FFB dosent work???

tryed any other games?

are u using logitec profiler? if so what virson

have u checked the FFB value in the INI files?
Finally!
Yes, i got it to work now!. The problem was that when I patched the files just ended up in C:/ for some strandge reaseon. If it wasnt for you I hadn't spotted the files . Thanks
Quote from lummz :Yes, i got it to work now!. The problem was that when I patched the files just ended up in C:/ for some strandge reaseon. If it wasnt for you I hadn't spotted the files . Thanks

Which files to be exact?
These:
filter.rbz
input.ini
RichardBurnsRally.exe
audio.ini
strings.rbz
Scripts.rbz
HedgeHog3D.dll
LocoMotion.dll
HedgeHog3D_NoSSE.dll
LocoMotion_NoSSE.dll
RichardBurnsRally_NoSSE.exe
RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe
HOly shite! Thanks for that, for me they ended up in D:\ and it has taken weeks since I installed them

And the ffb now works
Quote from lummz :Yes, i got it to work now!. The problem was that when I patched the files just ended up in C:/ for some strandge reaseon. If it wasnt for you I hadn't spotted the files . Thanks

That's because you have no registry entry of RBR's install folder, pathces then go to C:\.

was this for me????

if so np mate now u can enjoy the awesomeness of RBR

btw me and my brother sometimes hold a server and play RBR multy
Quote from lummz :These:
filter.rbz
input.ini
RichardBurnsRally.exe
audio.ini
strings.rbz
Scripts.rbz
HedgeHog3D.dll
LocoMotion.dll
HedgeHog3D_NoSSE.dll
LocoMotion_NoSSE.dll
RichardBurnsRally_NoSSE.exe
RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe

Yey thankyou, I have teh FF naow.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yey thankyou, I have teh FF naow.

you're welcome

Quote from MAD3.0LT :was this for me????

if so np mate now u can enjoy the awesomeness of RBR

btw me and my brother sometimes hold a server and play RBR multy

Sounds nice. How do you do to play online?
Guess a missing registry entry is a pretty clear indication of using a cracked version :rolleyes:
Quote from AndroidXP :Guess a missing registry entry is a pretty clear indication of using a cracked version :rolleyes:

Yes or he did it like me, I had it properly installed on another HD than OS and when I did a format and installed Windows again I still had the RBR but no registry entry.
Quote from BigPeBe :Yes or he did it like me, I had it properly installed on another HD than OS and when I did a format and installed Windows again I still had the RBR but no registry entry.

RBR is good in that way yes, you don't have to reinstall, just copy the game folder
Quote from hyntty :RBR is good in that way yes, you don't have to reinstall, just copy the game folder

Bit of a OT here, but it is surprisingly how many games do tons of reg entries, but will work fine without them.
just did rally USA, prospect ridge II is oh so fine!
Little bit of a bump i knbow but i hope somebody can help me .

I have just installed RSRBRO8 and updated it to version 2.6 everything seems to be working fine except the engine sound. Every time i let my foot of the gas the engine sound disapears or is very very low??? when i put the foot back on the gas the engine sound is there?

Please can anyone help would make my christmas
Quote from Billeh :Little bit of a bump i knbow but i hope somebody can help me .

I have just installed RSRBRO8 and updated it to version 2.6 everything seems to be working fine except the engine sound. Every time i let my foot of the gas the engine sound disapears or is very very low??? when i put the foot back on the gas the engine sound is there?

Please can anyone help would make my christmas

I've noticed that the volume levels on some cars are quite f*kd up. Sometimes you need to max out the engine volume, sometimes tone it down a bit.

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG