The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Class game, bought it a few months after it came out on the PS2 and that was with the pad.

Some guys I knew had it for the pc and every mod under the sun and that was cool.

The RWD mod was crap though but this game is why I wanted the Rally pack for LFS, doubt we'll get it now but it was on the cards at one stage, right?

Gets a bit boring on your own but doing multiplayer rallys is fun, one bump on that tree and bye bye.

The game is like GP4 though, people didn't think it would be modded but people made huge mods to update the whole game to the current F1 and RBR seems to be going the same way.
Quote from MAD3.0LT :the game feels a little weird like it has a speed steering sensitivity thing anyway to fix this?

Try this.
hehe done all that but as i only had the demo i had to edit the car sets with notepad now it feels good only 2 sec off Richards times on the demo track at the first split now
Has anyone ever seen one of the helicopter rescues? They made a big deal about them in the marketing but I haven't seen one yet.
Quote from ajp71 :Has anyone ever seen one of the helicopter rescues? They made a big deal about them in the marketing but I haven't seen one yet.

Yeah... never seen one. Still the game has sounds for the helicopter. I guess it's one of the features that got removed from the PC version for some weird reason (PS2 version also had nice looking sunshine glare).
You guys clearly don't use championship mode. :P

It's only in championship mode when you hit a spectater or marshal that you get the heli rescue, sucks though because that's you out of the rally.
I'm fairly certain that you just get reset on the PC version even in championship, which I find I tend to fly off on the first stage so have driven through GB and Japan slowly just to get the stages.
Bought the game today. Found it on sale, cost 10 euros. Gotta start downloading mods and upgrades and test drive the GTR2 demo too. Only problem... I GOT WORK BY THE TRUCKLOADS FOR THIS WEEKEND! :faint:

Update: The game is friggin' impossible! I'm stuck on the last test of the rally school, can't make it through in time...
#59 - Vain
The last test is the test-rally-stage?
Make yourself simple rules for the pacenotes. Flat left goes with 6th gear, light left with 5th, fast left with 4th, normal left with 3rd, 90° turns with 2nd, hairpins in 1st. Translations may of course vary.
This gives appropiate results for a start.

Vain
Yeah but it's all good, I don't mind a challenge. I hate games that are buttered up and have jelly on top just to make sure little Tommy of 13-years-of-age doesn't burst into tears when he doesn't succeed in winning the championship immediatly.

Sidenote: It says "suitable for children over 3" on the cover of the DVD box...
lmao barstid is it a DVD or cd? i allso did a few phone calls cant find the game in aus at all
Teh barstid is a DVD-re-release.
how much would that be in aus total? and would that be in english?
Richard Burns Rally DVD (English localisation)... 11,80 €
100 g priority letter, destination Australia, delivery time approx. 5-7 days... 2,90 €

Equals... 14,7 €... 24,8 AUD, correct?
Quote from spankmeyer :Sidenote: It says "suitable for children over 3" on the cover of the DVD box...

(old pic)
sadly i have killed a few of those guys as well. you know ur going pretty fast if ya do .
#69 - Don
oops
Attached images
kresta.jpg
Lol, lol and lol.

Those photographers are really asking for it... Sometimes I miss them only by a couple of inches.

Sk0rp - I don't think it's a mod, although that would be crazy. It's just a photoshopped thingie for fun.
Yeah, it's just photoshopped pic.

But if RBR was that moddable we probably would already have Group B mods and everything.
Quote from deggis :Yeah, it's just photoshopped pic.

But if RBR was that moddable we probably would already have Group B mods and everything.

? We're going to have it soon... What do you mean it's not moddable?
#74 - Vain
Quote from Lible :? We're going to have it soon... What do you mean it's not moddable?

Stages.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Stages.

You should get over to BHMotorsports... just look in the RBR Forum in the MOD / Tracks Section and get a multiple Orgasm after watching the Video of some Czech guy

Edit: The URL to the Vid: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=37587

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG