The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Probably we'll see new stages soon but that Group B mod is unfortunately postponed. eddy3spain (one of the "RBR mod gods") said that because it's just not possible to make realistic enough GrB physics (RBR forces active differentials and RWD wouldn't be proper). Though this doesn't surprise me because it has been pretty clear for a long time that accurate GrB physics will be impossible or hard to make. But the mod is not dead, if it will never be released for RBR then they'll change platform to Driver's Rebublic.

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=220556

I hope they'll even release some unfinished beta stuff if it will never be released for RBR. Even that the physics would be very inaccurate I still found that long time released Lancia S4 beta (with 450 hp physics) very fun and very hard to drive, I think the main thing is that it was completely different to drive than WRC cars. And the those would be still the most accurate GrB games in any game.
Now I'm wanting to reinstall RBR. New stages would certainly bring new life :-)
My understanding is that the Group B mod should be feasable now the source code has been bought by a group of sim racers when the publisher was liquidated. They're going to release the stage editor and other goodies first then the source code last of all.
Quote from ajp71 :My understanding is that the Group B mod should be feasable now the source code has been bought by a group of sim racers when the publisher was liquidated.

Wtf? That was a bhmotorsports.com's nasty april joke.
Quote from deggis :Wtf? That was a bhmotorsports.com's nasty april joke.

I think that was the joke Took me a while to believe that but I'm sure I've read serious discussion about this over at one of the RBR sites and seen a video of a new stage

EDIT - LOL it was an April fools joke, although I'm sure I found an RBR forum the other day taking this seriously and have seen a vid of a new stage even if it wasn't made with the assistance of a kangaroo
Anybody knows how to make a 2nd installation of RBR to the same PC? I would like to try RSRBR (all the community cars and tracks?). If I run the setup.exe it just asks me: "Would like to remove all the stuff yadayada?"
Quote from Renku :Anybody knows how to make a 2nd installation of RBR to the same PC? I would like to try RSRBR (all the community cars and tracks?). If I run the setup.exe it just asks me: "Would like to remove all the stuff yadayada?"

It is not possible to just copy the whole folder? And paste it to some other dir, change the name and then copy/paste back to the "games" directory -> 2 working RBRs?
I'm really enjoying the game by the way!

Racing the whole season is mad fun but insanely difficult as one single mishap into a tree stump can end your perfect race. Me like it!
Yesterday i was holding the RBR DVD Box in my hands and was heading to the informations at the hypermarket, so they can give me the dvd ... but uh oh, they don't have it -_- ... I was sad But anyways, iam going to order it from an e-shop
Until than i've installed the demo version again, also tried that steering lag fix, and it is great fun ! I want to ask, is there anything i can download and use in demo ? Something to unlock or some demo mods ? :P
Thx in advance
Thank You for the link deggis , but it didn't work :P Anywayz, i hope to see the game here on my table this week
But until than iam going to contact the creator(s) of that Subaru 2006, as i would like to make a texture mod from it to LFS d:
So it is finally home and iam enjoying it ! I wanted to try out RBROnline, but that thing is not what i thought it would be ( online rallying like lfs :o )
@deggis
Thx 4 writing down how to fix the steering lag , it was really helpful !
And that 2006 Subaru is a beast !! You cant go slow with it for a long period of time ... it just "asks" for speeeeeed
Oh, and btw has anybody got this mod ? I would love to see 100+ cars :|
Thank you ! I'll download it somehow Until than iam downloading cars from blackhole motorsports :P can't wait to try out the focus =D
When I finish it, you can PM me, and I'll send it via mail

you have to pay for the deliviery though
That RBRRSIII still seems to have horribly confusing webpage... at least now it's in English (before it was in French, dunno if it even had English readme or anything). I refuse to try it because of that though the new surfaces on all tracks would be nice. I don't need new cars, I prefer installing them manually when I want.
@herki
Thx 4 your kindness, but i'll download it somehow
Btw today was a bad day for me , RBR froze 2 times :S ... first when I watched a replay and clicked "continue" , and the second when i was watching a replay ... no error meseges, it just stopped After pressing ctrl+alt+del the mouse appeared , but nothing else (well, i was able to move the mouse, but that didn't help ) .Both times i had to hard reset the pc. I hope it wont happen again while driving :/
#93 - Vain
Problems like that are normally caused by problems between the drivers of the different components. That can be everything like soundcard, gfx-card, mainboard-drivers and more.

Vain
I found a log file, i'll post it here, in case somebody can make something out of it

@Vain
Well, other games work fine. Maybe it is because of the old omega drivers, but i really don't want to change them as for an old 9600XT they work the best =)
Attached files
GAMEPC_2006 08 03-09 17 53.rar - 11.6 KB - 182 views
#95 - Jakg
just got a copy, looked through the thread and got confused as to how to do anything and what to do, and i have done the 1.02 patch, about to do the speed lag fix
Quote from deggis :That RBRRSIII still seems to have horribly confusing webpage... at least now it's in English (before it was in French, dunno if it even had English readme or anything). I refuse to try it because of that though the new surfaces on all tracks would be nice. I don't need new cars, I prefer installing them manually when I want.

i just installed it. its awsome lol. very easy to use interface.
#97 - Vain
I actually did nothing to my RBR except the patch.
I don't like all this modding stuff. Ends up crappy anyway.

Vain
you didnt even install the subaru 2006 wrc car? illepall
#99 - Jakg
Quote from Gabkicks :you didnt even install the subaru 2006 wrc car? illepall

ii heard about this RBRMSII or whatever, and having 100+ cars sounds good, i would install the new scooby, but i dont know how
Quote from Gabkicks :you didnt even install the subaru 2006 wrc car? illepall

Nope. Looked pretty crappy from the description.

Vain

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG