The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Quote from Rappa Z :It tells me, "Error creating pixel shading: Pixelshaders/General/Carglassinternal.pso". I that file with the game though.

Is it a bad graphix card?

tried re-installing it or updating your graphics drivers? what card is it?
Attention! Mod-free RBR online tournament opened for testing!
Tournament name: LFS RBR Challenge I
Password: hugemanatee

LINK

Starts on sunday 3.9. at 00.00 CET - duration 7 days.

No add-on cars allowed or modded physics. This is a test run set on Great Britain gravel rally with slightly random weather conditions and realistic damage. Three 20 min service breaks, so if things get ugly, just try to crawl to the finish line and get repairs. Let's see if we can pull this off with moderate success!

There might be some tournament setting tweaking to be done, but go check it out and have a look if you can spot something out of the order. Drop me a PM if something's way off there!
sounds like fun i am out of practice in rbr... but at least i'll be just one more person to have been beaten for you guys
I'm in! I love the british rally. Perfect balance between twisty and risky.
I need a teammate for the Cobalt Racing Team (Peugot).

Vain
That seems to be a german problem with Peugeot. Actually I'm feeling pain while typing that. It just doesn't fit.
I just did a quick google-check. There are even advertisments that say Peugot. But all results are german.

Vain
Quote from Rappa Z :It tells me, "Error creating pixel shading: Pixelshaders/General/Carglassinternal.pso". I that file with the game though.

Is it a bad graphix card?

I used to get that error or something similiar...my old video card didn't support pixel shading. I had to update some parts to play the game, well worth it though
Well, this modless thing, maybe if it gets a few entrants someone could starta standings table and we could do a few rallys, some teams etc etc?
Quote from NetDemon01 :I used to get that error or something similiar...my old video card didn't support pixel shading. I had to update some parts to play the game, well worth it though

with this crappy system i garuntee that's what it is. But me parents won't get e a new computer till Christas of 2007(if they do get a new one.)
I'm in the 4th stage of the RBR challange, Chirdonhead, and noticed that by default the ghost-car is activated (actually that was the first time I was behind Mr. Burns, because he does a harakiri-dive into the first turn, he must have practiced that a lot). Now how do I disable that? I can't see the track with the ghostcar enabled.
My pb is over 10 seconds faster than the Mr. Burns record, so once the ghostcar is disabled I can blow him away.

Vain
Open GhostCarSettings.ini file from RBR\Cars folder and change "MaxOpacity" to 0.0.
Quote from tristancliffe :Gonna add Sprint Effect now and give it a test.

TRISTAN where are you finding this "Spring Effect"?

Andrew
Quote from mrfell :TRISTAN where are you finding this "Spring Effect"?

Andrew

(im geussing) in control panel
In the wingman profiler software (not in RBR).
Quote from deggis :Open GhostCarSettings.ini file from RBR\Cars folder and change "MaxOpacity" to 0.0.

Did that and beat the record-times.
Thanks for the hint.

Vain
Control Panel-> Game controllers.

I never ever use that horrid profiler. I don't even have it running. Yuck! Just got to remember to turn off spring effect before using LFS, as it makes things a little odd. I did that last night, as was curiously about 5 seconds off the pace!!!
That's exactly why Profiler is useful. You can make FF setting profiles for games separately, though you probably knew this already (?). Possibility to make keystrokes and commands for the wheel buttons is also very useful.

Though interface is horrible... I think that is the only actual reason for not using it (except that it eats resources, but that's only a problem if your computer is from stone age).

But I've read people claim that Profiler screws up FF or something which I don't understand at all, after all it is an official software. Though I've never seen anyone to actually prove how it does screw up anything or how FF could possibly feel different when not using Profiler. I guess it's just paranoia...
I run profiler in the background and use it for some key binds.

I run centering spring at 0% (enabled) for LFS/RBR/N2003 FF seems fine in all to me.

EDIT - God I'm addicted to RBR, can't believe I've been crashing for the best part of 8 hours
which N2003 is good? papyrus or EA N2003?
Papyrus N2003. Good luck in getting hold of a copy for under US$100
GAME here still has a couple of coppies going for £20 each.

I should really buy one or two as mine is damaged so doesn't install, have to keep an ISO on hand just to install it >.<
I finished my "champion" season yesterday and in Australia 8 of 14 drivers totalled their cars. That's right. Only 43% of the drivers finished the rally. Only the first 3 had less than a minute gap to me. Highest difficulty. ...

The modless tournament is open now. I'll do it this evening.

Vain
#324 - Don
Quote from Vain :The modless tournament is open now. I'll do it this evening.

That tournament didnt go well at all for me. In 1st stage (which i really hate) i went a bit offroad over some bumps and the steering was damaged, so getting the car to finish was a bit tricky. On the second stage i hit a spectators and a bit later i hit a stone and got stuck in 2nd gear - but engine stalled and i couldnt start anymore (because to start the engine you need to be in N gear)
Oh yes, I really hate most of the UK stages, too. Especially if it rains. Which isn't all that uncommon
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG