The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Try looking for the KSP setup pack on black hole motorsports. Much nicer than the defaults.
Quote from sweetreid :Try looking for the KSP setup pack on black hole motorsports. Much nicer than the defaults.

But it's are for the default physics (cars). DON'T install those if you have installed new cars.
Well, I am currently trying to find out where to put them (setups)
You mean setup files? Put those .lsp files to RBR/SavedGames

If you meant that KSP Setup pack, those are not only setups but they change the original physics too. So I don't recommend installing it. Instead get some setups from this "huge setup pack": http://www.bhmotorsports.com/download/10785
Sorry havn't read all the recent posts but just thought I'd add that I dusted it off yesterday and gave it a quick run, and omg I cant remember it being this fun before.

Maybe I'm a little better with the wheel now, but its a damn exciting sim to play. Rushing down thin lanes at scary speeds REALLY feels liek you're their. Must say I havn't had so much fun in a while

I once had modded physics files for rear while drive and also additional suspension damage which were good, but I found the RWD too much of a handfull. Otherwise though an amazing sim.
#31 - Vain
I also like the great concentration it takes to speed through a japanese or finish stage. It takes a lot of time until you floor the gas though you have no clue what will be there after that rock on the turn-in-point. I find that I spend far too much between maximum throttle/brake. (Maximum being "maximum the surface/car allows")
A downside of the game is that it doesn't happen too seldomly that I speed through a stage and suddenly I'm faster than my copilot and thus inevitably crash in a turn while he tells me the turn that I already passed. In those situations I wish there was a "Yell at copilot"-button.

Vain
#32 - mr_x
RBR is a great game, but i could never get my controls set up right with sensitivity of both the wheel and the pedals.. i very nearly had it so i could drive comptitively, then i got a virus and had to format my computer its never handled the same since

RSRBR is an awsome mod though, definately worth the large download!
Quote from pb32000 :I once had modded physics files for rear while drive and also additional suspension damage which were good, but I found the RWD too much of a handfull. Otherwise though an amazing sim.

What RWD car?

Quote from Vain :A downside of the game is that it doesn't happen too seldomly that I speed through a stage and suddenly I'm faster than my copilot and thus inevitably crash in a turn while he tells me the turn that I already passed. In those situations I wish there was a "Yell at copilot"-button.

Yeah, the pacenotes are bit out of timing most of the time... RBRdll utility includes a nice ingame pacenote editor. Though I've never cared to make own pacenotes, because you need to learn the stage inside-out if you want to drive fast.

And I hate Japanese stages, those stages are made too much with "copy-paste". Too many exactly same looking turns/sections.
#34 - Vain
I try to avoid learning the stages as much as possible.
"Where is the fun when you know what corner comes next?"
I also drive only with voice-pacenotes, to add a little extra difficulty.

And I think Australia is the "Hey, didn't I already drive this section?"-rally. Some corners are completely the same.

Vain
I've turned off 3D pacenotes too. And I don't "hotlap" but the because you drive the best stages more often than others you kinda start to know them inside-out.

I wish there would be more stages like Chirdonhead and Shepherd Shield. They have more variety than all Japanese stages combined (though I love the beginning section of Sipirkakim).

Btw did you know that some of the stages are based on real life... like the Mineshaft big-ass jump: http://www.rallypro.com.au/pho ... ally_of_Canberra_2003.JPG Chirdonhead, Sipirkakim, Sikakama and some others too are in IRL too but the stages itself are 90% fantasy.
#36 - Vain
I wish there were more stages.
Whatever stages, just more. Though I like them narrow, twisty, with loose ground, in other words: Difficult gravel or snow stages. Preferably longer than 6 minutes.

Vain
Quote from deggis :What RWD car?

Firstly I meant rear wheel drive. It must have been late :P

Well any of them made RWD are a handful really, the physics file made all cars RWD. The MG isnt too bad though.
maybe we will here something new from RBR soon:

Quote : RBR Source Code Aquired by Sim Racers [01-04-2006 | JZ | Comments (43) ]
On friday march 31 the the source code for richard burns rally was aquired by the swedish sim racers foundation.

The source code was previously owned by Gizmondo Europe Ltd, which was declared bankrupt earlier this year, and has now been purchased from the bankruptcy estate. The price of the sale was undisclosed. President of the SSRF, Nicklas Karlsson says, in a statement that "When we read about the bankruptcy of Gizmondo, we felt that this was a great opportunity to aquire the source code for the RBR project, and make it available to sim racers all over the world". According to the statement
Kangaroo, the track editor used to create the tracks for RBR, will be the first application to be released. Later on the whole source code for RBR will be made availabe to the public, but not before the physics component has been replaced. Nicklas Karlsson continues "RBR is very highly regarded in the sim community, however some aspects of the code are not up to the standards of the newly released sims, this is why we have chosen to replace the physics component.

from BHMS

PS: I should have posted it yesterday, i hope you don't mind
Check your calendar...
Quote from deggis :Check your calendar...

Check my last sentence...
Quote from inCogNito :Check my last sentence...

I know.. but I still wasn't sure which thing did you mean.
#42 - JTbo
But why there is no b-group Quattro ?

There is Lancia, but it is only very beta. Some say that it is impossible to drive with that more powerful physics option, but I don't think so, it is just that one need to choose right rpm and throttle position for situation. I miss inside view, there is only two bumper cams and one from behind of car so I don't find good feeling of driving it.
#44 - Jakg
oooooh me likeey!!!! looking good
after finding the demo and messing around with it can anyone tell me some info on the game?
do setups help alot?
the game feels a little weird like it has a speed steering sensitivity thing anyway to fix this?
is their any better tracks then the demo one i cant stand that blind track need something a little wider and more visable corner entry's
#47 - Vain
There are tracks that are wider. The Us rally has rather wide roads, though some are also very narrow. In the australian rally there are some stages where at least some turn-in points are visible. But in general rally tracks are very narrow and most turns are blind. That's just how the stages look in real life.
Listen to your copilot properly and you'll be able to keep the car on it's limit without seeing the turn. And as a hint, always take a break between stages of several minutes (f.e. watch replay). You need all your concentration.

With the exception of very few stages in the world wide tracks are unrealistic.

Vain
i agree real life rally tracks arnt that wide at all its just missing the feel of the road and hearing the dirt in RL makes it alot harder to controle the car when driving on the limit
i like the game alot but dont think i can drive a rally sim it just feels to much differnt compaired to RL
What? You're doing rally driving in real life?
lol not really just my parents live out of town so when i have time i go up their and rally around the aera for hours tryed it in my modded VLT and it was way to slippery sideways in a RWD at 100+ = very bad allso soon as u hit boost sideways the thing trys to 360 on u

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG