The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Quote from sinbad :South Park Rally on ps1. Duhhh

lol! also i forgot about vRally on the playstation!
Quote from nikimere :Top 3
What other rally games are near as good as RBR?

Did you read his post? Rally Trophy. It's aged, but if GTR-series are titled as 'good simulations', then RT is definately one too. Though I only really like Sweden's 6th stage with a Factory Stratos.
for some reason i cant get my dfp wheel to work on rbr anyone know why ??
Guys,

I just installed the RBR demo and I'm in love. I can't believe I've never played this game until now. (/me thinking back to all those months wasted on Colin)

I seem to be having technical troubles though- the intro movies don't display correctly and it's frozen a couple of times. I've just installed latest Cat 6.10s, I could get into a race, but it froze on exit. Weird. Just like in Race. I'm starting to think this maybe has got nothing to do with the games themselves, but then all my other games work fine, and my comp is pretty tuned/housecleaned .

Anyways, I'll work on it. And just want to say again how cool I think this game is. I could go into details but I guess you guys already know all about it :magnify:
do you use a saitek eclipse keyboard by any chance electrik?
Negative. Microsoft.

The intro movies, I guess that's codec related. But the freezes, I'm not really sure. RBR freezes on exit every time but if I wait 20 secs or so, it will go back to windows. It's playable this way, but a bit dodgy that's all.
There's a patch available for the game, as far as I remember. So this problem might have been adressed.
The problem might also be forced anti-aliasing. Please disable AA and AF for RBR. The game is basically a ported console-game and doesn't like these kind of things. I hope you get your problems sorted.

Vain
Quote from Vain :The game is basically a ported console-game and doesn't like these kind of things.

I wouldn't say so, at least it wasn't practially designed mainly for consoles. I guess the publisher just forced them to make and release console versions first. PC version just would have needed few patches more to fix some technical issues but instead of that publisher fired the dev team...

Quote from 11SuLLy11 :for some reason i cant get my dfp wheel to work on rbr anyone know why ??

Of course you have installed Logitech drivers? Be more specific..
I've never tried this game but I saw it in the store costing maybe around $12 to $13 bucks....
Seemed kinda cool.. maybe I'll buy it the next time am there...
can someone tell why my dfp doesnt work or isnt it compatible for the game
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Somone must have figured out the crashing problem. bhmotorsports or rsc say nothing?

Vain
I think I solved my freezes (that occured even before getting to the main menu) by setting rendering quality to medium in the RichardBurnsRally.ini...

@the console-discussion: the lack of a mouse-navigation in the menus suggest a console-port...
The console menus make me want to kick defenseless coders in the kidneys and the 'are you sure?' prompts make Vista's UAC seem user-friendly.
Anyone know whee to find this game in Australia?
Aussie online stores or retail stores would be best.
Introducing the
LFS MG Sissy Cup
Neck breaking FWD action! Step on the throttle and witness the nonexistant acceleration!
First round: France!
Open now! View here.
Let's hug some trees!
Password: sissycar

Theoretically this should work. I'll be driving it myself in a minute.
Weather forecast: First day is dry weather. But over the day more and more cloud appear and day two is a rainy day with lots of light rain. After the night's 30 minutes service however it's clear weather again and the last two stages are driven in perfect conditions.

I chose the MG because everyone has it and it gives everyone the same chance. Not the car choice decides, only the driving does.
I also enabled offline tournament mode. This is supposed to allow you to download the tournament-file, drive it offline and then upload the result. I did this in the hope that those people with technical problems don't suffer from crashes this way.

[Edit]
That's not funny! I never crashed in any online tournament in RBR with the WRC cars. Now I drive a S1600 car and crash several times. My rally: Sucked in the first two stages, couldn't get my line right. Went through the third stage, Joux Verte II, skidded (extremely slowly!) into one of those red-white barriers (hairpin right, widens, unto that high speed section), which seemed to have messed up my car, because two corners later I somehow spun (remember? FWD!) and flipped it. From there on I of course sucked, and in the last stage I hugged a tree because I confused some pacenotes. He said "light left - light right", I ignored the light left and directly turned right, which, well, didn't quite work...
Why is it that the WRC cars are so much easier? Oh, I see, the MG is a british car...

Vain
hmmm RBR seems like fun to play on a PC (had it for xbox and loved it) does it need a high end PC to run it?
I have Athlon 2200+, 1GB ram and 9500 Pro, which is pretty lousy and old computer, I can run it full detail (as long as I forget FSAA and AF). So it does not need highend computer.

Though latest car models made by modders eats bit more fps than the default/original crappy looking low-detail low resolution car models, but this fps miss is only noticeable in replays (if you don't play from external view then).
cool might ask my mum to add it to my xmas list, will be a fun christmas eve lol (will get my wheel a day early as i am going somewhere on xmas day so wont be able to play it) thanks deggis
After the frustration with that MG I took the Peugeot for a spin and it's really awesome. Two new personal bests in 3 driven stages.
(After not touching RBR for several months.)
Actually france is quite fun.

Vain
hehe i hated france, didnt like tarmac rallies on RBR, preferred usa (the fastest stage) and a few stages from the UK rally especially in the Xsara
Quote from Vain :Introducing the
LFS MG Sissy Cup
Neck breaking FWD action! Step on the throttle and witness the nonexistant acceleration!
First round: France!
Open now! View here.
Let's hug some trees!
Password: sissycar

I'll have to free up some time soon to give this a go.
Alright I'm bored and have some spare time. Time to start up RBR again and try out this France rally :-p

Well Vain you would have completely kicked my butt in overall time if you didn't crash out on the last stage. I managed to finish with quite a slow pace. FWD + wetpavement is horrible! I still had fun busting out RBR again though. It's been awhile.
I also reinstalled RBR for that, but I have to complete the game first to get access to MG

edit: and its been 24 hours and i haven't received the confirmation email from that site.. any help?
The mail propably got collected by your spam-filter. Otherwise just try again.
To get the MG create a profile with the name "MULLIGATAWNY" and you get all cars and tracks.

Vain
Nope, its not in the spam box either..

And thanks for the tip, (although I already knew it) I'm in the halfway of the championship and all the downsides of RBR are already starting to annoy me

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG