The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Just finished the US rally.
On both diamond creek stages I went off the road when I approached a crest mid-corner that was announced "some corner over crest". So I stuck to the inside and prepared to continue the turn over the crest, but the turn just ended and I was doomed to put on tyre off road, which pulled me over and gave me a hard time keeping the car on it's wheels. That happened once in D-Creek 1 and once in D-Creek 2.
I also did both Prospect Ridge stages rather slowly. Prospect Ridge 1 was difficult because it was raining (which is quite distracting!) and on Prospect Ridge 2 I did the last third, that goes gownhill a lot, very slowly. There are all kinds of surprises waiting there and the risk of running just a tad bit wide is high, which often equals DNF in that section.
All in all no big errors. Worked out as I hoped it would. The US rally is my weakest rally.

Vain
I would go and do it now but i'm very steering happy and the noise that my DFP makes is way to noisy with RBR.

I've only done 2 rallys and I DNF'd most of Japan, once I DNF once i don't care about finishing so I just go hell for leather, see where that gets me.
Question: if I retire on stage 1, do I have the right to still drive the other stages just to compare myself with others?
There's the SuperRally-option. When you DNF a stage that isn't the last stage you can rejoin the rally at the next service point and all DNF'd stages will be counted as "slowest driven time +1 minute".

Vain
#530 - Don
lol i wont finish any rally it seems.

this time it wasnt totally my fault tho - as usually, there comes problems for me on 2nd stage - engine lost all power 2km to stage end (without me hitting anything, water temp was ok). Then i had to drive the whole other stage with this weak engine, lost 1 minute and with that all motivation, so on another stage it was crash.

can anybody explain me, why does me engine go kaput on every a bit longer stage and other people dont have such problem?!
Shift when the shift-light comes on, go off the throttle on jumps, don't exaggerate braking while on the throttle.

Vain
Quote from Don :can anybody explain me, why does me engine go kaput on every a bit longer stage and other people dont have such problem?!

Do you lift the loud pedal over small crests and jumps? I guess your engine hitting the limiter without load all the time could cause this.
#533 - Don
i dont lift over SMALL bumps, but over bigger ones (where i KNOW it will jump) i do lift off. But i get this problem also in france, there are no jumps. And i change gear before the red light comes on
I'm guessing you have gear protection off?

Sometimes when I shift the next gear is allready in the read, depending on if i'm mid corner or whatever.

I've never had any of the problems you've been having Don unless I hit a tree.
Quote from Vain :There's the SuperRally-option. When you DNF a stage that isn't the last stage you can rejoin the rally at the next service point and all DNF'd stages will be counted as "slowest driven time +1 minute".

Vain

OK, but I'm still a bit confused. Can I leave the rally and continue later? I joined the LFS US Rally, DNF'ed stage 1, repaired my car and left the game. When I ran the game again, I don't see this rally anymore. What am I doing wrong?
#536 - Don
Quote from maczo :OK, but I'm still a bit confused. Can I leave the rally and continue later? I joined the LFS US Rally, DNF'ed stage 1, repaired my car and left the game. When I ran the game again, I don't see this rally anymore. What am I doing wrong?

you cant leave the game...
The only time i've ever damaged my car over jumps is when the bumper hits first, which means i cant see anything as i drive on bumper cam, and the car ends up in a tree.
Quote from deggis :900? Sounds too bizarre... I don't think rally cars have had 900 degrees since 70s when rally cars were basicly normal road cars.

if i remember correctly, richard burns's 2000 subaru wrc had around 900 degrees if i remember.
Well I just had to check a video which I had on my hd, Burns in Corsica '99 (so obviously the car is Impreza 1999) and the steering lock is 540º (he turns the wheel full 270º while taking hairpins so 2x that). So I don't think 2000 Impreza could have had 900 degrees... and why it should have that, it wouldn't have been competitive. Where did you read that?
So, where's France?
I want to put my car into some nice french tree!

[Edit] Yes, I do know where France is! That's not my question!

Vain
So did everyone stop playing already?
There havent been any new events for me to play with you lot. I do find public races with like 100 people or so just for fun
Yes, I did stop playing it. But I already announced that once or twice in this thread. I'll be back! (In ~2 weeks.)
I think I won the championship anyway.

Vain
Appolggisessdfdfds
Travelling a total of 3 hours a day by public transport, working 8 hours as a stand-in teacher and then arriving home only to do your 'real' work for another 4-6 hours ain't fun after a while.

Shall I set the France tarmac up? Anyone interested in wrapping the whole season up? Vain? Anyone? I can offer cookies?

Sorry y'all for the crappy schedule.
-
Appolggisessdfdfds (spankmeyer) DELETED by spankmeyer
I can participate again in around 10 days but I wouldn't mind having to skip a rally.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I can participate again in around 10 days but I wouldn't mind having to skip a rally.

Vain

me too, perhaps even that weekend...
So, I told you I'll be back and here I am. Where are the french trees?

Vain
you guys use mods or run the game as it was made for these rallyes?
We use stock Richard Burns Rally. No mods. No additional cars. No confusion.

Vain

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG