The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Even that Noiker is the longest stage I think it's still the crappiest one too. Seems like devs just made 3 km long stage and then just used copy-paste to make it 16 km. I think this "copy-paste" is a problem in many other stages too, there just should be a lot more variety in the stages and different kind of landmarks. While driving you get the "didn't I just pass this section" feeling.
Noiker isn't copy&paste work. At all.
But East-West is.

Vain
Quote from deggis :Even that Noiker is the longest stage I think it's still the crappiest one too. Seems like devs just made 3 km long stage and then just used copy-paste to make it 16 km. I think this "copy-paste" is a problem in many other stages too, there just should be a lot more variety in the stages and different kind of landmarks. While driving you get the "didn't I just pass this section" feeling.

Actually I think they did very well getting variation on the same rally.
@Copy 'n paste: I noticed that too. Sometimes you have the strange feeling that you've driven this exact corner sequence just a few seconds before. But in general I have to say it works quite well
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from spankmeyer :Tournament name: LFS RBR Challenge I
Password: hugemanatee

LINK

Starts on sunday 3.9. at 00.00 CET - duration 7 days.

No add-on cars allowed or modded physics. This is a test run set on Great Britain gravel rally with slightly random weather conditions and realistic damage. Three 20 min service breaks, so if things get ugly, just try to crawl to the finish line and get repairs. Let's see if we can pull this off with moderate success!

There might be some tournament setting tweaking to be done, but go check it out and have a look if you can spot something out of the order. Drop me a PM if something's way off there!

Just completed the rally with crappy framerate and crappy driving due to the lack of training. But at least I finished the rally
What the heck? I just tried to make a run in LFS RBR Challenge I, but just after stage 2 was completed RBR crashed. Now I cannot even find it in the list of tournaments anymore.

I hope I didn't break it for others?

E: Ah ok, finally it shows up as "Did not start to SS 3"
Damnit...
#332 - Don
Quote from AndroidXP :What the heck? I just tried to make a run in LFS RBR Challenge I, but just after stage 2 was completed RBR crashed. Now I cannot even find it in the list of tournaments anymore.

I hope I didn't break it for others?

E: Ah ok, finally it shows up as "Did not start to SS 3"
Damnit...

once you leave the tournament, you cant join it anymore

Well, personally I'd vote for tournament restart, because noone managed anything worthwhile yet, but that's not up to me.
Just did the tournament.
Flipped it in Harwood Forest II. For some reason I don't know the car had no grip whatsoever. No grip as in 50-60 km/h in a light corner illepall . Flipped the car within the first sector. I have no clue what was wrong...

And another question: How comes I can change tyres between stages when there isn't a service stop in between? Do the tyres magically transform into a different kind of tyre during the drive to the next stage or something?
And there's no weather prediction in the tournament. And it doesn't allow me to view the replay before the next stage.

I'm off playing RBR in singleplayer. At least that actually works how it's supposed to work.

Vain
i got to the loading screen(using a special program), but when it loads halfwy it stops and exits te program without telling why. Any idea why?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :GAME here still has a couple of coppies going for £20 each.

I should really buy one or two as mine is damaged so doesn't install, have to keep an ISO on hand just to install it >.<

I would beg you to get me a copy, but I'm flat broke at the moment
Quote from Vain :And another question: How comes I can change tyres between stages when there isn't a service stop in between? Do the tyres magically transform into a different kind of tyre during the drive to the next stage or something?

Quite an easy answer: In WRC driver and co-driver are allowed to work on the car between the stages, and between longer stages there are sometimes "tyre-changing-service-stops" so worn tyres can be replaced by new ones.
Finished the tournament
Can't remember when my hands were trembling from playing a friggin' game, pretty intensive! Had a quite colourful ride as you can see from my comments...

@Vain
You can view the weather before the stage. The tyre thing is one I'm not completely sure about as the instructions were a little shady. I'm guessing if I had unchecked the box 'allow setup change' you couldn't change tyres if not in service area. EDIT: Already answered.

More @Vain
About the grip problem, had you noticed on some stages the road surface was worn at some places? The physics were all same so...

And some more @Vain
I hope you aren't disappointed, man. It's kinda obvious everyone was pushing too hard on those circumstances and I too was damn lucky not to break my engine during one or two occasions. Hope I'll meet you again on the tournament!

All in all, it was mad fun!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yes, the menus seem to be dodgy sometimes. Not a problem in SP because you can save the progress, but as I've seen, this CTD-ing is kinda sucky for tournaments.
1. I was well aware of the track surface. Not my first rally.
2. I wasn't pushing at all. I went well below my normal pace when I noticed that something was wrong about the grip. I have no problems getting the car around the track in the rain with tyres for dry road. I just can't see what was wrong.

Vain
#343 - Don
Quote from Vain :2. I wasn't pushing at all. I went well below my normal pace when I noticed that something was wrong about the grip. I have no problems getting the car around the track in the rain with tyres for dry road. I just can't see what was wrong.

do you think that the physics magically changed just for that one turn? cmon

do you have replay so we could take a look?
@Vain
You're more hardcore than Jack Bauer, I wouldn't dare to question your RBR skillz! But the physics, tracks and cars were stock...

EDIT: I think the replays are downloadable from the tournament page?
I'm sure it was herki who simply spilled some oil there on his run
Well damn, I was in first place up nearly 50 seconds until stage 5 :-( Too much speed into the first corner and snagged those logs. Then a few turns later hit a rock, broken gearbox and dead engine.

EDIT: And I believe Vain is upset because he was first place in a few of those stages. Just like I was now, quite frustrating to have to retire after winning like that. Ah well, was fun until my incident lol

Anyone setting up another one? I dunno how to do it. I'll look into it though, these are damn fun!

I wouldn't mind if we restart our little tournament or start part II with Japan rally for instance, I think this was a good example how one is bound to make more mistakes subconciously when virtual stakes are rising. Personally I would have not imagine to get so nervous and crash like silly on almost all stages, but it was all nice though someone will surely knock me off the top soon!
Quote from AndroidXP :I'm sure it was herki who simply spilled some oil there on his run

:shhh:
don't tell everybody
I uncovered the mystery!
I went with intermediate tyres. But I chose intermediate tarmac tyres. So the available grip was obviously sub-optimal.
That propably also explains my very bad time at Falstone, even though it's one of my favorite stages.

Vain
Quote from spankmeyer :
start part II with Japan rally for instance

I tried to make it but I only remembered to add one service area so someone else might like to make it.

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG