The online racing simulator
I never went by WRs much anyway, i would say 50% of them would be useless over more than 1 lap.

But i get his point, people will start trying to cheat WRs knowing they will be reset soon.

EDIT: that isnt a recent picture, its accurate to the preview version of the BMW...but they have added all the aero nik naks to it....more recent picture for you.....

http://img396.imageshack.us/im ... t6o0801oxt0yh1af441st.jpg

Obviously they can only use what BMW gave them, and they wouldn't want thier new spec aero for all to see in a game.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I know very little about 3D modelling and i could see that, lower polys for in game use as i understand it.

And yes its a farking good model, but not accurate to the 2006 BMW Sauber for obvious reasons.

What reasons ?? If they didn't have some sort of arrangement with BMW to create this then they certianly wouldn't texture it to look like a BMW

Keiran
The BMW badge is a bit of a giveaway
Like i said up there ^^ it won't include the type of bodywork you see in the races, because they modelled it on the first version of it....so compared to the latest BMW Sauber that render is out of date by months.
People want real cars and then moan that they're not perfect. Strikes me as a brilliant reason to have made up cars in LFS - they way they are always perfect and up to date.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Like i said up there ^^ it won't include the type of bodywork you see in the races, because they modelled it on the first version of it....so compared to the latest BMW Sauber that render is out of date by months.

True. But still, good enough. Most people are not going to notice the difference anyway.

I think it would be virtually impossible to keep up the in-game model with the real thing considering they are constantly updating the real one.

I am glad it is BMW-Sauber. They are my team
I'm said it's an Intel sponsored car...
Quote from tristancliffe :People want real cars and then moan that they're not perfect. Strikes me as a brilliant reason to have made up cars in LFS - they way they are always perfect and up to date.

I am not moaning, I was making a point about how much data BMW Sauber would offer them for use in the game.

On the plus side at least the V8's won't blow up in your face on the last lap like Honda's do
I did notice that there happens to be an extra control arm in the LFS version compared to the real thing.
Geez. Finally back after a few days of no internet only to see LFS go crazy :nut:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
F1 cars get new aero parts for almost every race because the requirements are little different. Unless you want Eric to make 18 slightly different F1 cars...

I'm happy with the "current" one. Looks like the real thing as far you can see from just one render lol

EDIT: adding some small differences between some "aero packs" would be a kewl addon but in the end it's more like a gimmick.
The sponsership of Intel and O2 will cause LFS to gain 'n even bigger marketshare of the simracing genre. I'am wondering if the money earned will be converted into a couple licensed real cars..
Now that there is a f1 car comming to LFS you would think there would be a option for traction control for the f1 car. But if there is traction control for all cars it will spoil it so much. The F08 is a handfull on its own without traction control can you think of a f1 car without it?
Quote from Primoz :I'm said it's an Intel sponsored car...

No more LFS for amd people
Quote from Hyperactive :No more LFS for amd people

:grumpy: :chair:

I sure hope it's skinnable though
This may be a good time to bring back my old signature from RSC...
Quote from Hyperactive :No more LFS for amd people

AMD FOREVER!!!!
Quote from speedykev :watch a lap of the F1 car.
just click private lap with jacques villeneuve video on the left.
http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html

Anyone has any idea what platform is JV driving on in that vid? A private simulator owned by an F1 team? I want it!
Quote from wE1l :Anyone has any idea what platform is JV driving on in that vid? A private simulator owned by an F1 team? I want it!

Maybe it's LFS :lol:
Quote from wE1l :Anyone has any idea what platform is JV driving on in that vid? A private simulator owned by an F1 team? I want it!

As far as I can see he uses a DFP - so I think it is a PS2 or maybe a PC. But since I don't know the game that he is driving, I can't say for sure.
Why is it that eveyone wines about the FO8, it is not a hard car to handle, but spend some time with it, it is an easy car to master, even for a mouser like myself.
Quote from speedykev :watch a lap of the F1 car.
just click private lap with jacques villeneuve video on the left.
http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html

lol.. he didnt meet a few apex's there lol.. btw was that f1 on the playstation by sony?
If that's lfs what he is driving I'm eating my socks... (or maybe one is enough)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG