The online racing simulator
Quote from CharlieP :You won't have time to see the suspension in-game anyway

It's how it drives that really counts!

and I still maintain they are perfectly correct, you just haven't seen a top-down view of the real car

Go find one

Yeh I will probably not notice it while driving but when you take ingame screenshots or make some showcase it will look a bit odd.

I totally agree that it counts 1st how is it driveable but you could have also a box and saying it drives like a F1 so why you "moaning".

I didnt have to look for a top view as the picture I already posted showing it quite good that the current arms on model looks a bit more thick then they should be.I just dont see the point the model was made quite perfect but the arms not.

And to be honest...kudos to Eric for his work as usually.I am not moaning at all....just a small hint for future changes of the current model.There is always place for improvements.
i am sure people will take notes of these little things that the community spots, i mean last week people had issues with the fo8 cockpit and few days later a new updated cockpit emerged. So the devs will take it on board. Sure by full s2 the f1 car will be all fixed up..

btw Devil007, i kinda feel we got off on the wrong way with my earlier post!! That wasnt my intention at all, so apologies for that..

wasnt the most constructive of posts! doh!

:Handshake ?
Nooooo the avatars are back online I'm going to get freaked out

Sorry that was totally off topic.

Still off topic I was just getting the hang of the FO8 and really had it feeling right. About to set a new (shamefully slow) PB of 1.05.XX when some bastard pulls the plug on the server when I'm 5 yards from the line :chair:
Quote from ajp71 :Nooooo the avatars are back online I'm going to get freaked out

Sorry that was totally off topic.

Still off topic I was just getting the hang of the FO8 and really had it feeling right. About to set a new (shamefully slow) PB of 1.05.XX when some bastard pulls the plug on the server when I'm 5 yards from the line :chair:

That should take 10 laps to beat at most with a decent setup on Blackwood with the FO8
Quote from AJS :yeah COMPLETELY wrong uh oh im scared

its not my fault that the english language is so unprecise ... so show me how YOU can buy a F1 car

someone has bought the 2002 Ferrari F1 Car, the only thing you have to do is be a "loyal" ferrari customer and you have to sign a contract to stop other teams getting th eF1 car
Quote from csimpok :
Although I have a little fear that maybe the sponsors want the game to be playable for a bigger audience therefore Scavier make the game a bit arcadish so that everyone can handle the new car

Then , why LFS? If they wanted to do as you say they may have chosen "rFactor" or any other sim full of configurable aids.
I think BWM/Sauber wanted a realistic sim for their theme park, that's why BF1 is on LFS
I just started to think about this... if the surprise is this F1 car, what about the other improvements?

This just feels so suspicious. First they give us 5-day update which contained very minor things (except aero & tyre physics and everyone already knew that those were under work) and then there was this mystery thing going on... and remember the FOX and FO8 cockpit screenshots that were updated very suspiciously. And now this huge surprise.

Could it be possible that they'll keep some improvements as a secret until the actual patch release? I'm mostly meaning about GTR and other car cockpits, possible damage improvements or even sound improvements. Or then Eric made this F1 car all the time and forgot GTR car cockpits? And feels weird if Intel/BMW (whichever it is) wanted a sim that sounds like a food mixer - if they haven't done anything to the sounds? I don't know what to expect from the patch, of course I want to hope that this F1 car isn't the only surprise but then again I might get disappointed.
Quote from deggis :I just started to think about this... if the surprise is this F1 car, what about the other improvements?

This just feels so weird, first they give us 5-day updates which contained very minor things (except aero & tyre physics which eveyrone already knew that those was the main subject in the patch) and then there was this mysteri thing going on two days and not count-down... and remember the FOX and FO8 cockpit screenshots which got an update suspiciously.

Could it be possible that they'll keep some improvements as a secret until the actual patch release? I'm mostly meaning about GTR and other car cockpits, possible damage improvements or even sound improvements. Or Eric made this F1 car all the time and forgot GTR car cockpits? And feels weird if Intel/BMW (whichever it is) wanted a sim that sounds like a food mixer - if they haven't done anything to the sounds? I don't know what to expect from the patch, of course I want to hope that this F1 car isn't the only surprise but then again I might get dissapointed.

How on gods green earth could you even remotely be dissapointed in a FREE update, that not only improves the tyres and aero physics, but includes a whole new car.

Even if that is "all" that is new it still improves the best online race sim there is.

I dont know, friggin people, never satisfied, give em and inch and they want a mile illepall

Dan,
For me anything more than tire/aero fixes are extra. Giving us a real car, and one of the best there is (all F1 cars are uber) is just amazing! I could have been happy with less
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Now that I am an S2 liscensed and the DFP has arrived I want the paaaatch... 2 more days to go

The wheel is cool, but a bit sticky.. heeh
Can someone close this thread? Its because of threads this huge that the forum is so damn slow.
Frankly I am a bit scared about the patch having TOO MUCH grip because the tyre sidewalls now say Michelin. However, I'm pretty sure Scawen wouldn't stoop to that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am really looking forward to Friday.
Quote from AJS :yeah COMPLETELY wrong uh oh im scared

its not my fault that the english language is so unprecise ... so show me how YOU can buy a F1 car

LOL- that's the first time I have heard someone blame their inaccurate statement on the English language.. now that's funny.

BTW, didn't it say 3 days yesterday too? Now it still says 3 days..
Quote from iHomer : The wheel is cool, but a bit sticky.. heeh

Yah, bound to happen when youve got that wheel in your lap, right in front of the computer screen....
:monkey: :monkey:
Quote from iHomer :Now that I am an S2 liscensed and the DFP has arrived I want the paaaatch... 2 more days to go

The wheel is cool, but a bit sticky.. heeh

Oh man, my DFP wheel was horrible, started off sticky, got steadily worse, worse enough for me to buy a FREX adaptor and a Momo wheel

http://i9.photobucket.com/albu ... danowat/frex/Dsc01888.jpg

Dan,
I hope they put others BMW's in too. I mean the normal road cars.

1 series, M3, M5, M6, 760 Li

One of those is good.
Quote from danowat :How on gods green earth could you even remotely be dissapointed in a FREE update, ................

I dont know, friggin people, never satisfied, give em and inch and they want a mile illepall

Dan,

Well I understand... the sounds need improvements.. I can understand why someone would want better sound over a new car.
Quote from BWX232 :Well I understand... the sounds need improvements.. I can understand why someone would want better sound over a new car.

You got my point but in a longer run I'd appreciate better sounds, hi-res cockpits for every car or whatever more than one car. On the other hand publicity that LFS might get because of this deal with Intel (or BMW F1?) would be more valuable.
Quote from danowat :Oh man, my DFP wheel was horrible, started off sticky, got steadily worse, worse enough for me to buy a FREX adaptor and a Momo wheel

http://i9.photobucket.com/albu ... danowat/frex/Dsc01888.jpg

Dan,

thats a solid looking wheel there dan, bet it drives gooooood. how are the pedal though? usually good wheels have quite poor pedals which is a shame.

ohhh avatars are back..muhahahah:mischievo

btw anyone notice how many people made their first post on this forum yesterday, so many people showed up that i never seen here. the patch and teh bf1 have certainly made interest and got the community buzzing like bees....

mad
you may count me in to these "first-posters" too... I love the patch but the BF1 is horribly to skin, as I noticed yesterday
Quote from St4Lk3R :you may count me in to these "first-posters" too... I love the patch but the BF1 is horribly to skin, as I noticed yesterday

http://img.tar.hu/ipariszalonna/img/21309769.jpg#3

I did this in about 10 minutes yesterday and this was the first skin I have ever done. So probably it's not so horrifying to make some cool non-BMW skins
I think nobody believes that
i still think nobody believes that you actually drove the car on blackwood
Quote from herki :i still think nobody believes that you actually drove the car on blackwood

Where did I mention that I actually drove it? I can't even purchase S2 yet

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG