The online racing simulator
well i just find that to be a very minor defect, i mean if u actually look from top at the arms they look quite thick in real life.... maybe the lfs version is a little bit thicker but it seriously is no biggie for me.....

u see this is what happens when lfs gets a licensed real life car, people have something to compare it to and start spotting all these little bits, no1 moaned about the arms on the gf08 and fox did they....

maybe the devs should stick to made up cars rather then gettin licenses.. would make their like a lot easier!!
You won't have time to see the suspension in-game anyway

It's how it drives that really counts!

and I still maintain they are perfectly correct, you just haven't seen a top-down view of the real car

Go find one
Sooo how fast do you guys think this will lap BL1 ?
Maybe like 50seconds, after a few weeks ?
I can't see it going sub 55 it's not going to be that much faster.
F1 car w00t.

ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
what, with 750 hp? thats 300 Hp more than the F08 (almost the difference from the XFG to the F08, and theres a 30 sec difference!)
Anymore surprises in the viewer?
Quote from Jakg :what, with 750 hp? thats 300 Hp more than the F08 (almost the difference from the XFG to the F08, and theres a 30 sec difference!)

Yes but the amount of hp needed to increase the speed of the car cubes as you increase the speed or something, so it is a lot more complicated than what you are making out.

I don't understand this fully, but you obviously understand it even less so i thought i would provide a small insight.
Quote from Jakg :what, with 750 hp? thats 300 Hp more than the F08 (almost the difference from the XFG to the F08, and theres a 30 sec difference!)

BF1 --> 750hp
F08 --> 500hp

GP2 (2005) - 1.43.8
F1 (lap record) 1.29.4

Silverstone

GP2 (2005) 1.31
F1 (record) 1.18

The 2.5 litre cars will be slower but maybe it could be a larger gap than 5 seconds to the FO8?
i am thinking more around 40-45 seconds here around blackwood
Quote from Jandro_V10 :BF1 --> 750hp
F08 --> 500hp

no, the F08 has 458 Hp...
Quote from joshdifabio :Yes but the amount of hp needed to increase the speed of the car cubes as you increase the speed or something, so it is a lot more complicated than what you are making out.

I don't understand this fully, but you obviously understand it even less so i thought i would provide a small insight.

no, i am just saying 5 secs at a track of which half is a straight is an understatement, more like 10 i think
Quote from Madman_CZ :i am thinking more around 40-45 seconds here around blackwood

No way to give you some idea a 150 bhp single seater (wings + slicks) can lap round Mallory Park (the second fastest circuit in the UK) in 45.2 seconds (107.5mph) a Tyrell 022 (94 F1 car) has the out right lap record at 38 seconds, only 7 seconds quicker.
Great news that we have F1 car

Although I have a little fear that maybe the sponsors want the game to be playable for a bigger audience therefore Scavier make the game a bit arcadish so that everyone can handle the new car

I hope its not the case, and they have a contract with the passage that nobody has voice in the development of the sim.
Yeah, I hope BMW/Sauber/Intel/etc don't get to lean on LFS' development because of this.
#742 - AJS
Quote from csimpok :Great news that we have F1 car

Although I have a little fear that maybe the sponsors want the game to be playable for a bigger audience therefore Scavier make the game a bit arcadish so that everyone can handle the new car

I hope its not the case, and they have a contract with the passage that nobody has voice in the development of the sim.

Last time i checked you could NOT buy F1 cars so i guess they don´t need to make it handle more easier so more people buy it.

Frankly i don´t think they care too much either way. They have the car in the game that´s good PR and that´s it.

Great move by BMW. BMW 1er @ GT4 Nordschleife was cool too !
Quote from csimpok :Great news that we have F1 car

I don't think the Devs would ever sign a contract that could allow others interfere with the developing. At least that's what I want to believe.
Indeed, my impression is that they would never water down the goal of absolute realism. That's the whole reason they did this in the first place; so they could do it their way and noone else's. I think it's safe to say with great certainty that any deals made with external folks will be strictly on SEVs terms, bar none.
Quote from AJS :Last time i checked you could NOT buy F1 cars so i guess they don´t need to make it handle more easier so more people buy it.

you can, you just need to be friends with the team!
rofl. dont ya love it when people make completely wrong statements that could have been prevented by a 30 second search
#749 - AJS
Quote from Gabkicks :rofl. dont ya love it when people make completely wrong statements that could have been prevented by a 30 second search

yeah COMPLETELY wrong uh oh im scared

its not my fault that the english language is so unprecise ... so show me how YOU can buy a F1 car

The old blackwood forest guru once said ...
^ sell a few of my organs maybe and work for a few years. probably have to force someone reputable by gunpoint to put in a good word for me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG