The online racing simulator
Quote from Dygear :Why is it that eveyone wines about the FO8, it is not a hard car to handle, but spend some time with it, it is an easy car to master, even for a mouser like myself.

Compared to LX6 driving the F08 is like a walk in the park
Quote from Christian Seidel :As far as I can see he uses a DFP - so I think it is a PS2 or maybe a PC. But since I don't know the game that he is driving, I can't say for sure.

The game is F1 2005. It's for the PS2, can play online against others. I used to have it, and LFS is way better than the game itself, I can guarrentee you that.
Quote from BigDave2967 :The game is F1 2005. It's for the PS2, can play online against others. I used to have it, and LFS is way better than the game itself, I can guarrentee you that.

THX for the info!
Quote from Christian Seidel :THX for the info!

Not a problem .

As a small rumour, Mark Webber, used to play Grand Prix 4, to know the tracks better . Not sure if that was true or not .
wait wait.. but how do we not know if its licensed or not? its to simple of an F1 car to be licensed, it almost looks like the 2000 F1 cars with very little spoilers attached to them compared to now where.. hell if you got space, put a spoiler on it

cause.. it is a render.. soooooo.. for all we know, it may just be a skin (but its kinda odd that its a bmw skin or even.. a skin with real ads on it.. anyways)

[edit] er... where'd our avatars just go?
Quote from BigDave2967 :Not a problem .

As a small rumour, Mark Webber, used to play Grand Prix 4, to know the tracks better . Not sure if that was true or not .

I read about that - was a big Geoff Crammond fan and bought all his F1 sims. Sadly GP4 was so extremely bugged - but at least no low-speed-grip-issues back then...
Quote from XCNuse :wait wait.. but how do we not know if its licensed or not? its to simple of an F1 car to be licensed, it almost looks like the 2000 F1 cars with very little spoilers attached to them compared to now where.. hell if you got space, put a spoiler on it

cause.. it is a render.. soooooo.. for all we know, it may just be a skin (but its kinda odd that its a bmw skin or even.. a skin with real ads on it.. anyways)

Because if it's not licenced Scawen will have BMW/O2/Intel after him. using logos on a commercial site without permission would be suicide, and it's too close to the real BWM Sauber to be 6 years out of date in terms of looks. In fact it's nigh on identical (within game polygon count limits) to the launch car.
Quote from XCNuse :wait wait.. but how do we not know if its licensed or not? its to simple of an F1 car to be licensed, it almost looks like the 2000 F1 cars with very little spoilers attached to them compared to now where.. hell if you got space, put a spoiler on it

Look at the BMW Sauber on the BMW Sauber official website intro page. There's no way they'd use a real F1 team skin to create false hope and then just release a generic Formula 1 car.
oh, i was looking at that picture the page before this.. whatever that had it was different

you never know though.. it seems kind of odd we would be getting a real car though (i know RA and MRT are but.. .. bmw is a large scale company; mrt and ra arent even known really)

maybe this is what scawen/victor (whoever said this) meant when he said something about a team comming to them and ... well .. having business
(but that was during the talk of a rally patch so..)

confusing..
but.. whats up with forum, i cant even see the threads i have said something in anymore

as for the whole thing about it being business suicide, thats whats confusing.. because the devs dont do renders i know that much.. and .. that may explain the little logo or text at the bottom left

but er.. kinda early, they said we would get this in S3
Take a look on the off-topic section,there you will find your anwser
Quote from XCNuse :
but.. whats up with forum, i cant even see the threads i have said something in anymore

My guess is that they reduced the forum for some bandwidth-eating functions to keep it going somehow. That could be the reason why all the lovely avatars have gone...
Quote from XCNuse :
you never know though.. it seems kind of odd we would be getting a real car though (i know RA and MRT are but.. .. bmw is a large scale company; mrt and ra arent even known really)

It certainly is a break from the norm, but a good one.

My only query is what name the car will have. Will they be able to use the term "Formula One"? I'd be surprised if they can, because whilst BMW-Sauber own the rights to their car design and shape, the Formula One license is another matter entirely.
FV10
or.. F10
Why F10? It hasn't got a V10.
some do.. or .. will

good point, we already have an FV8 so.. erm.. FV8 mkII lol
Quote from sinbad :My only query is what name the car will have. Will they be able to use the term "Formula One"?

Does that matter?

Anyways. People should really start reading AND understanding these discussions, instead of just posting Forum would work better etc.. Forum discussions have brought up the most part of the patch hype, and the longer it keeps going the more disappointed people will be.
FV8, FBS (formula bmw-sauber), BS () or FO1
Quote from Huru-aito :Does that matter?

No it doesn't Huru. Not a bit. Just curiosity for the sake of curiosity
Quote from Hyperactive :Compared to LX6 driving the F08 is like a walk in the park

*nods* very true. I don't like the LX6, but if I spent more time with it (outside LFS NAL) I am sure I would see it's good.
Quote from Hyperactive :FV8, FBS (formula bmw-sauber), BS () or FO1

well.. FO1 sounds worse than FO8.. or is it just me ehm I think we just have to WAIT! (wtf we have done past 2 last nights... )
Quote from deggis :Calm down... you thought that devs might got this idea of F1 render just because of the speculation here about the "under one minute F1 car on BL GP" and then there's that Intel-LFS commercial connect which nicely pops up some conspiracy theories?

Thats commercial is quite old.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Thats commercial is quite old.

How old you mean? There was a thread about it in last month.

ps. Talking about dates... that teaser1.jpg is dated 10.4.2006 and geniusloci.jpg 15.4.2006. So that means this thing is planned.
Sorry, but how do we "know" that this is anything more than a nice shiny picture of whats to come?

Tis all good.
Quote from Tukko :well.. FO1 sounds worse than FO8.. or is it just me ehm I think we just have to WAIT! (wtf we have done past 2 last nights... )

I really couldn't give a toss what you call it. I think we may end up with it being called O2/BMW/P4 or some other marketing gimmic. Though hats off to the devs for getting a real F1 car whatever they did.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Sorry, but how do we "know" that this is anything more than a nice shiny picture of whats to come?

Tis all good.

Well I think even the devs have enough of a heart to tease us with this then say we're not getting it till S3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG