The online racing simulator
*faints* this is getting very confusing

But looooks greaaat
I can't calm down. We get a F1 car... ok. But we know that the dev's are really perfectionists, so:

1. Do we get a setable traction control?
2. Do we get more diff settings?
3. Do we get more tyres?
4. Do we get a sound update?

omg, can't believe it... We need definatley more safety zones around the track

Greets
omg, omg, omg

i need new patch!!!
ok now im definatly getting s2 next payday have they broken into the F1 champ it looks awsome cant wait now
I didn't get it...is this "less than a minute car" an actual pic taken from a real car or is it a new modeled one by the devs with slight differences but quite right for lfs?!?! illepall with 900hp less than a minute should be no question.
Omg!!!
if this is really the begining of LFS and BMW friendship (some sort of), then maybe road bimmers would be a possibility in the future...
sorry, dreaming again illepall

...anyways, You are just fantastic, Scavier
#83 - joen
Quote from farcar :Actually, I've always wondered why games developers would have to pay to have 'official' content in their games. This is free exposure for Sauber BMW, Intel, Petronas etc. They benefit from this, why should they charge money?

I don't think the problem lies with the teams and sponsors, but with the formula 1 organisation. But an individual team can probably lend it's livery and such to a game. It probably just can't be officially named "Formula 1" though.
Atleast that's what i think
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
OMFG whats is going on, i ask u who has had a burning desire to go around blackwood in under a minute? And is this for there own credit or for our pleasure! MY HEAD IN DONE IN!
Quote from Lampost22 :I didn't get it...is this "less than a minute car" an actual pic taken from a real car or is it a new modeled one by the devs with slight differences but quite right for lfs?!?! illepall with 900hp less than a minute should be no question.

The current F1 cars "only" produce 750hp.
I think there'll be an update of the FV8. I don´t think they add and Formula 1 car staying the FV8..
Way back when, Polyphony Digital snuck an FIA Lambo into Gran Turismo thanks to the car being the teams' property, before Lambo's.

Nono, why would they remove any car, or feature that's not broken? There's no redundance, the F08 is an F3000.
Quote from Eldanor :I've thought of that also, but think about the popularity that LFS is going to get with this, GT is great, F3 is great, but... F1 is F1.

Calla regay!

Group B power!
Quote from joen :I don't think the problem lies with the teams and sponsors, but with the formula 1 organisation. But an individual team can probably lend it's livery and such to a game. It probably just can't be officially named "Formula 1" though.
Atleast that's what i think

Yeah, with Sony apparently having the F1 rights, this must just be a BMW/Sauber/LFS thing. I can't wait to find out how the deal happened though.

And what are they going to call the class? It can't be F1. It can't be Formula V8!

What will it be called?
Man, this is totally awesome news!! I guess I wont be needing nKp just yet.
oh shit... i think maybe intel set this up... remember the commercial that LFS was featured on a little while ago by intel? i think that maybe intel actually had something to do with this little surprise
FO1

Dan,
I hope this comes out today. I have energy for a change.

I've never really been excited about a simple patch before, but.. Yea..

Quote from evans :The current F1 cars "only" produce 750hp.

oh ok, if u say so. I took that information from wikipedia and there id said

"Zum Ende der Formel 1 Saison 2005 hatten die besten Teams nach Ermittlungen eines unabhängigen Motoreningenieurs jedoch bereits wieder rund 925 PS bei 19.800 U/min erzielt."

meaning, that at the end of the 2005 season they already achieved more than 900hp.

and back in 1997 the had 750hp.

"Schon 1997 hatte man schon wieder das alte Niveau von ca. 750 PS erreicht, mittels Drehzahlen über 17.000"

illepall don't know what to believe now.
Quote from wien :Haha.. Those nK guys have been sooo proud of their cooporation with those Formula Ford (or whatever) teams, and then LFS just goes ahead and snatches a frekkin F1 team.

TBH this is not the same, BMW Sauber will have given the devs very little data about their 2006 F1 car. It will just be a 2.5 litre single seater revving to 20000 rpm and won't have every last subtletey about it like the nK data allows. Anyway who really cares when you've got a F1 car?
Maybe the traction control is the interesting new feature they played with
Quote from Lampost22 :"Zum Ende der Formel 1 Saison 2005 hatten die besten Teams nach Ermittlungen eines unabhängigen Motoreningenieurs jedoch bereits wieder rund 925 PS bei 19.800 U/min erzielt."

with 2006 regulations they lost 2 cylinders so 2006 cars use v8 engines instead of the v10 they had in 2005 ... that set them back a bit powewise so now the engines produce some 750-800 hp at above 20.000 revs
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Lampost22 :oh ok, if u say so. I took that information from wikipedia and there id said

"Zum Ende der Formel 1 Saison 2005 hatten die besten Teams nach Ermittlungen eines unabhängigen Motoreningenieurs jedoch bereits wieder rund 925 PS bei 19.800 U/min erzielt."

meaning, that at the end of the 2005 season they already achieved more than 900hp.

and back in 1997 the had 750hp.

"Schon 1997 hatte man schon wieder das alte Niveau von ca. 750 PS erreicht, mittels Drehzahlen über 17.000"

illepall don't know what to believe now.

now in 2006 F1 again produces ~750 hp because due to new FIA regulations 2 of 10 cylinders have been chopped off (displacement decreased from 3.0 to 2.4)

Edit: shotglass beat me to it, oh well
Quote from Cetram :I'm guessing BMW needed a simulator for this http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s491/st94118.htm

That is a bloody good call Centram (and your first post too ).

A quote from the website:
" Inside are a selection of cars, some race-ready, others stripped down into individual parts. Here, the fans can compare the weight of a Formula One part with its series production equivalent, or slip into some race overalls and have photos taken in the cockpit. An interactive quiz both tests and improves the visitors’ Formula One knowledge, while the Pit Stop Challenge is all about showing off your practical skills. In the driving simulator, meanwhile, it’s you against the clock.

I wonder what track the punters would be driving at?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG