The online racing simulator
Quote from PwrSlave :On the F1 picture the racing number is 17. It may mean that this is gonna be infact a new car and not just modyfied fo8.

And do you know what todays date is ?

[edit] i'm an idiot, it's Villeneuve's car.
Quote from ste_ :Jees, will all you people whining about the 'daily updates' that the devs are giving us kindly stfu. The main information is that there's going to be a patch before April is over. So assume the worst, and that means Sunday April 30th.

If the patch is released before that, great. If the devs give us teasers up to that date, great. That is all little bonuses and a bit of fun. If you don't like it, come back on April 30th and see if the patch is out by then.

:iagree:
No kidding!

Wow, just sit back and enjoy the ride people... I can't even beleive people have the balls to complain about recent proceedings LOL. Like the earth rotates around them or something. Seriously now, it's a bit disconcerting how negative humans can be! We're getting a great patch with the core issues fixed that people have complained about for months, and some extra fun content/features to play with.

Lighten up! Smile!!

Quote from PwrSlave :Well i dunno if it has been noticed but:

On the F1 picture the racing number is 17. It may mean that this is gonna be infact a new car and not just modyfied fo8.

That's Villeneuve's car.
We are really a bunch of desperate LFSers.
Quote from Hyperactive :Having a deal with the BMW F1 team (if they do) is different thing than having a deal with BMW directly.

Yes, I just want some real production cars (not single seaters), I don't like very fast cars in LFS (more crashes, less close races), but F1 car is a very good addition to the game indeed.
Nobody's pointed this out yet: Grooved slicks.
"but who needs a minute in blackwood?" i think what they are saying is why do we want a minute in blackwood, like they are telling us there is bigger and better things to come. I think it is safe to say lfs will see an F1 car in the next few hours/days/weeks, and also perhaps a nice new course to go with it... it seems to me like all the updates they showed us have to do with adding an F1 car. And then to ask why we would want a minute in blackwood with the F0X when we could have a better car in a better track.

P.S. I will get the game as soon as i get the money, but a new video card is also needed, considering how well it runs now with my fx5200.
Getting an F1 is is unreal, but understandable why they would want to use LFS in their simulator. It was given the award for Best Physics...so its a no brainer.

I prefer Tin tops, but F1 is F1 and you can't get any better. Also anyone considered the fact that the BMW F1 car is their top machine, anything else isnt near...so how hard would it be to get a BMW WTCC car in the future, maybe for s3?

And i own Rfactor, LFS, GTR, GTL and Netkar....all of them are great in their own ways (but LFS is my favourite)

Oh and it will be a new car as fo8 stats are not even close to an F1 car, closer to Formula Nippon which the body is also based on.

FORMULA V8
Rear wheel drive

Engine:
3.0 litre V 8
Power:
341 kW (458 bhp) @ 8972 rpm F1 car: 750bhp @20,000rpm GP2 Car: 600bhp Formula Nippon: 550bhp at 10,000rpm
Torque:
401 Nm (295 lbft) @ 7059 rpm
Total Mass:
600 kg (1323 lbs)
Power-weight:
568 W/kg (775 bhp/ton)
Weight dist:
45.0 F 55.0 R
So tommorow we are getting update called "What the ****" or titled by that pipni..something name with teaser2 pic?
Quote from spookthehamster :Nobody's pointed this out yet: Grooved slicks.

Havent we had those for a while now?? I think i remember using grooved tyres in the mrt back on s1??? I could be wrong, it may be mary jane speaking for me
I think that "but who needs a minute in Blackwood" means this car can do Blackwood in under a minute. :scratch:

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like any more tracks, I just like driving painfully slow cars
i used the F08 on my friends computer who introduced me to lfs and it doesnt have grooved slicks.
Quote from th84 :Havent we had those for a while now?? I think i remember using grooved tyres in the mrt back on s1??? I could be wrong, it may be mary jane speaking for me

I haven't used the MRT in a long, long, LONG time, but weren't they just road tyres?

My point was that if this is an F1 car, a little detail like grooved slicks goes to show that the devs may be making it more realistic that some people earlier in the thread have given them credit for. They aren't the sort of people that would throw away a chance like this with a half-hearted attempt.

Heck, maybe we'll have wet tyres for s3
he means the render, but without data from BMW it would be hard to model the physics on them.
Quote from stevewhite :i used the F08 on my friends computer who introduced me to lfs and it doesnt have grooved slicks.

True, grooved slicks are a F1 thing. It is done in an effort to reduce the contact patch area of the tires to slow the cars down. LFS did not have this type of tire for the current release version.
If you are going to do an F1 car, you pretty much have to have this type of tire. It could be just a new texture for the current slicks, or it could be an all-new tire type.
nice
Quote from spookthehamster :

Heck, maybe we'll have wet tyres for s3

That's a must-have IMO, even in F1C (made by ISI three years ago) you have various tires to choose from, and they do perform in their own way very well.
It feels like christmas eve... only on christmas eve you KNOW when you getting what you want
and when you're gonna get it
Quote from spookthehamster :Nobody's pointed this out yet: Grooved slicks.

you could enable grooved slicks in S1 already with the tweak-tool...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG