The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Guess time is about ripe for a lock?
nope, for a rename
Quote from Mazink :since when does scawen does something quickly?

Since when doesn't he?
Quote from zeugnimod :Since when doesn't he?

Since when I get bored of lfs, I quit it for 4-5 month, then come back and no new patch came out

and I remember someone saying something about a rally pack, wich never came out or had any work on it
Quote from Mazink :and I remember someone saying something about a rally pack, wich never came out or had any work on it

Haha, that was a spoof.
LOL. Sucks that you believed it but that was a photoshopped pic :P.

Things are coming, slow development maybe but at least its there. We do end up getting updates with new cars, new physics and other fixes.
Quote from evilpimp :LOL. Sucks that you believed it but that was a photoshopped pic :P.

Things are coming, slow development maybe but at least its there. We do end up getting updates with new cars, new physics and other fixes.

Actually, Victor once mentioned that they wanted to do a Rally pack, so I wouldn't doubt that Eric has atleast drafted a few tracks (Look at old pictures of S1... all the 'new' S2 tracks were in them in some form)
That would be shaweeeet. Does that mean we're getting that kart track with a go kart? !!!

Rally stages would be really awesome, not only rally cross circuits. I just accept whatevers given to me at this stage. The more you expect, the more you're dissapointed.
i don't want a rally pack if i want to rally i play richard burns rally

btw, i hate all these people complaining about slow development, scawen, take your time to make it as realistic as possible

PS: happy 200 post to me
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Actually, Victor once mentioned that they wanted to do a Rally pack, so I wouldn't doubt that Eric has atleast drafted a few tracks (Look at old pictures of S1... all the 'new' S2 tracks were in them in some form)

Rallypack will never come...it was once announced...but development on it has stopped.
Lets hope the devs are back at work now that the holidays are over!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So please, tell me - How can you tell how the steering and gearshift, feels, how the brakes respond from pedal travel, all the stuff that only a driver would know, without having driven that particular car yourself? Direct steering doesn't always mean it has good feel/weight. I'd rather have a car that has 4 turns lock to lock and feels awesome, than one that turns 1.8 turns lock to lock and feels like marshmellows.

that is more driving interface then handlng.

handing is how a car response to change in direction, body control, reaction to bumps etc, which can be felt in the passenger seat.
Wow, more stuff that confirms the devs not THAT reliable. I too remember reading an interview saying there would be a rally pack. Darn it, they just HAD to cancel it.

It was the same interview that the Q'er asked if there was going to be a RB4 GTR, then one of the crew said 'you'll have to wait and see.' If only I could find the link... argh!
Lol
I think the Patch will come out in next month
or in nextweek
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Wow, more stuff that confirms the devs not THAT reliable. I too remember reading an interview saying there would be a rally pack. Darn it, they just HAD to cancel it.

It was the same interview that the Q'er asked if there was going to be a RB4 GTR, then one of the crew said 'you'll have to wait and see.' If only I could find the link... argh!

That unfortunately was'nt the Devs fault. It was (it had something to with _afaik_ ProDrive)
Quote from Mazink :Since when I get bored of lfs, I quit it for 4-5 month, then come back and no new patch came out

Ah, as I expected. A new patch every 4 months or the devs are working "slow".
Quote from zeugnimod :Ah, as I expected. A new patch every 4 months or the devs are working "slow".

I bet that any kind of time frame would actually fulfil this criteria for him and many other infidels.
If you look back over the past couple of years, big patches seem to come out at approx. 6 month intervals (this is why I personally expected one about now).

There also seems to be some sort of pattern with the smaller patches.

We get compatible updates with backend improvements and some graphical niceties.
Then we get something that is multiplayer incompatible.
Then we get something that is physics incompatible and requires a reset of hotlaps etc.

With the latest test patches, I think we are at the first step above.
It was stated that fixing the LX4 numberplate glitch would make it physics incompatible, so I guess we'll have to wait until the next 'big' patch for that, and hopefully some more updated interiors. Also, adding a whole new car wouldn't cause anything existing to become incompatible.

Just my take on things...I could of course have the wrong end of the stick, or be in completely the wrong forest
So in some ways you could say that in regards to development cycles LFS has become a hostage to it's own success
Quote from gezmoor :illepall

Ignore fanboys.

They still live in a cave or rock lol.

Why is this thread not closed yet. Everybody is offtopic and we ALREADY discussed the whole situation and not yet closed.

I guess that everybody knows why it has been postponed now.
It's a normal GT with aftermarket pipes. :o
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG