The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from wartek :oh, it is almost done, it works, be a santa clause
give it without traction control, as a test patch unofficial
we will find some bugs and then final patch will be better

Quote from Scawen :
We are confident that we can fix all the issues and make the car a really good one to drive in the near future, but as various things that need to be done will take an unknown amount of time, we had to make the decision to postpone the release until next year, rather than release something in a rush that is really not as good as it can be.

/leaves this thread silently, this is pointless.
Quote from Scawen :Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.

Quote from RS1T :if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2.

Where on earth do you think development money goes in the software world? All you need is a few decent computers and some dedicated workers. If you want to look at ripoffs, crunch some numbers on something like WoW where they're raking in billions per year just to keep some servers running. This... is not a ripoff.
#79 - wien
Quote from rcpilot :Where on earth do you think development money goes in the software world?

Hookers and blow. Stay in school kids, IT is awesome.
#80 - RS1T
Quote from S14 DRIFT :As Bob Smith has said, there's no such thing as free speech on these forums.

that is why this forum disgusts me...simple

if you dont like my opinions dont read my posts...it is as simple as that. I just feel it is wrong for the devs to get everyones hopes up and then crush them in an instant. If you are not 100% sure the car will work with no probs, then dont mention its release until you are
Quote from 510N3D :

/leaves this thread silently, this is pointless.

He just reads what he actually wanted to read.

his eyes are lying to him
Quote from Scawen :We are sorry to have to announce that the VW Scirocco will not be released this week as planned.

Not surprised at all.

Quote from Scawen :to give you a good patch early in 2009.

I´m guessing 13th of June. Any other bets? Lets see who gets the closest. The winner gets the satisfaction of saying "I told you so".
Quote from RS1T :that is why this forum disgusts me...simple

if you dont like my opinions dont read my posts...it is as simple as that. I just feel it is wrong for the devs to get everyones hopes up and then crush them in an instant. If you are not 100% sure the car will work with no probs, then dont mention its release until you are

Listen, kid. I'm sure the devs did genuinly mean to release the Scirocco this week. But things go wrong, it's a part of life. I've already said what you've said in previous posts - however, unlike you, I don't make a fuss about it, and actually respect why.

If this forum disgusts you, then click here and enjoy!
oh dear some people are a worry.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop even though some are beyond it. Good luck into the new year Devs.
Quote from Heiko1 :Oh, bad news but would be cool if we can test it to to find faster the bugs :tiltif its possible)

And the idea with limited Sets is VERY good

Regarts Marco (Heiko1)

There is already a few LFS racers which is beta-testing for Scavier

The danish LFS champion from 2006 is one of them

But it is a disappointment but then when thinking again, i actually wanna wait instead of getting some halfway finished work

See ya VWS in the new year!
Quote from RS1T :it would make SENSE for a car in a RACING game to have adjustable features. The FXO RB4 and XRT are all 'imaginary' cars that people can go out and buy, so why arn't there limited setups on them as well

Here is your answer.
Quote from Scawen :
.... The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco....

Quote from RS1T :if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2. Also many users are from europe where VAT is a LOT less than in the UK...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product

If LFS is so expensive, get a reality check with iRacing pricing.
Kalev EST
really glad to hear the limited setup options will be implemented, well at least for this car. That's the way to go with road cars!
I guess that the setups are going to editable. But only a bit limited to reallife?
This isnt directed at everyone.

But for crying out loud - It isnt the end of the world. (yet)
IF someone posts somth negative lets try to turn the frown upside down.
Yes we are passionate about LFS or just overly vocal on what we think.
Over here is another example of the type of post that is negatively constructed, that only makes, what could of been a constructive discussion, As Glenn67 puts it "I would add a big long speal about how some of the not so fast cars in LFS currently offer very good racing and that in LFS speed and power are irrelevant as you don't get the same sense of speed as irl and that the slower cars aren't as demanding on your net connection and so allow closer better racing when racing people from all over the world"

Let me put it another way. Intead of pointing out flaws,lets try and put our efforts into using what we are born with to make the good things better.
Work with what youve got.

Respect , paitence and understanding are dwindling resources lets not waste them. As you never know what you have got (or how good you have it), until its gone

As you are all for free speech, I shall freely say, if this forum disgusts you so much, just because people completely disagree with you, and you cannot take that, then there is no point in you being on this forum or posting in it.
Oh dear, the responses in this thread really remind me why Scavier stopped giving out release dates or estimates. Shut up and go back to bed kids, life is tough.

No, I don't really care about the car that much.
Not such a bad thing guys! Perfection is always key in LFS development, which is something that I like!

I hope everybody has an amazing holiday period, and has a great time with their families!

Happy holiday season (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you non-scrouge runners :P)
Quote from RS1T :that is not good news, that is shit. If there was a scirocco cup in real life then of course all the drivers would be able to tune the suspension . This is bullshit

ow shut up
#96 - RS1T
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Listen, kid. I'm sure the devs did genuinly mean to release the Scirocco this week. But things go wrong, it's a part of life. I've already said what you've said in previous posts - however, unlike you, I don't make a fuss about it, and actually respect why.

If this forum disgusts you, then click here and enjoy!

Why dont you listen?
I know the reasons i and i respect the fact that things always don't go to plan, but it is rude to raise people's hopes like that, and then to crush them. Like i said in my first post which you evidently didnt read properly, if the car isn't 100% finished and perfect, don't mention the release. I'm not being disrespectful, it is just wrong to do that
some people are such primadonnas... when did s2 first come out ? and when did grid come out... and 24p really isn't expensive... because you don't have to pay for improvments additional content ... unlike some games.. + It's a online multiplayer game where the physics is its forte not graphics.. sheesh.. Some people sure have a weird way of putting things..
Anyhow ofc not too happy to hear about the delay But I'm sure if the devs feel that way, there is no point in moaning about it =] Better late than never
Limited setups sounds great, hopefully that feature makes it to all the cars eventually.
Quote from RS1T :Why dont you listen?
I know the reasons i and i respect the fact that things always don't go to plan, but it is rude to raise people's hopes like that, and then to crush them. Like i said in my first post which you evidently didnt read properly, if the car isn't 100% finished and perfect, don't mention the release. I'm not being disrespectful, it is just wrong to do that

Because people will keep on going "OMG WHERE IZ TEH SCIROCCO I WANTZ NOW!!1!!! HOWZ LONG DOEZ IT TAKE!!1!!!!1??!?!???"

They said it was nearly finished and they were hoping to release it, and they can't.
Quote from RS1T :I am annoyed. I spend 24 pounds on LFS (which is a good game) but it is NOT worth the money of an other game like GRID etc. The graphics are so much better, it is so much more detailed and there are hundreds of licenced cars. Where does all our money go? Thousands of people have S2 licences, and that means you have hundreds of thousands of pounds to spend on licensing. I want to see more cars and more improvements, less bad news and less delays

I was just about to make a skin and a new interior for the VWS, but when i read this i cant be arsed anymore

great job guys

Scawen doesn't pay for licenses (because, as he says - he shouldn't have to pay to give a company advertising), and frankly this is "Scawens Baby" he's left Lionhead and now has absolute freedom to do wtf he wants and develop things his way (i.e. slowly and methodically rather than "release, patch 3 times then move on")
Quote from RS1T :it would make SENSE for a car in a RACING game to have adjustable features. The FXO RB4 and XRT are all 'imaginary' cars that people can go out and buy, so why arn't there limited setups on them as well

Good point, but this will probably come later - it makes sense that if it's going to be put in now that it goes on the VWS first, though...
Quote from RS1T :I have spent my money on this game, so my opinion is valid. Are you a communist by any chance, or do you just not believe in free speech?

Wait, what?

(Pro-Tip - Research "Communist")

This is why Scawen etc doesn't post about upcoming stuff that much, which gets him lots of flak. He DOES post, and something goes wrong and he also cops the shit. What else is he supposed to do?

Must admit the release date did seem too good to be true. Oh well - Scavier have had my £84-odd and i'm happy with what i've got back.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG