The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gills4life :Good riddance. You haven't even got s2 you plonker.

I'm gonna buy it soon.

Anyway sorry for flaming out like that, but I have a bad day, my apologizes and excuses to everybody and the game creators. I give it another chance just because there ain't no game that even comes close to this one. And this one is the easyest to use. But still its a bit hard for Scawen i guess to report that he has to rune everybody's christmas and release the car with real life setups on a day that now be probably next year before the school restarts. For me it first came over like [4 lettre word] but you have to understand. With what I have to go trough its hard. But that doesn't have to do anything with this "delay" from the patch or release or what is it now? I'm really sorry for what i've typed in the first message but I feel really sorry now. Back on topic, how can there be somany bugs? From where did they come? I haven't got any problems in my demo experience, accept from reasonless banning or kicking by persons who jsut like banning or kicking people but for the rest i have no problems with this game. It always worked fine since I play (wich is before S1 was there). If gone trought the blackwood massive changes and never had problems, not with track, gameplay, car, or anything else. This delay of the relaese of the VW Scirroco is a bit hard but if it really haves that much problems then take more people to temporary help or something. I mean there are lots of people, they could atleast take some people to solve the bugs and problems faster so that the gamers could drive the car faster and enjoy the improvements faster. Now they have to wait again longer for a car that people have waited so long on. But if it gets released this year still then it be acceptable, but if it is next year then its a bit less of course. But anyway enough talking. I'll play some other game untill I got my License, wich probably is gonna take a while. I'm sorry for the gamers that already have a license and once again have to wait longer on this great car that not only looks good but also drives good (in real atleast). Right, that be it, My excuses and apologies once again and have a nice christmas and happy newyear everybody.

Greets and excuses, GTA_Racer07.
But, like the whole XRT thing, they couldn't go online with the rest of us because of the versions not matching, unless there were also old-version servers running.

I stand by the development team, but I think they shouldn't have raised everybodies hopes up and then said we can't have the car because of the traction control.

But personally I'm going to stick with LFS Z4. It's been steady as a rock for me, as per normal with LFS. Since I have a rig made in the 21st century, I don't have any graphical issues, either. (I noticed alot of people that had the issues were using older cards).

(^ was to Bean0)

Quote from RS1T :I am annoyed. I spend 24 pounds on LFS (which is a good game) but it is NOT worth the money of an other game like GRID etc. The graphics are so much better, it is so much more detailed and there are hundreds of licenced cars. Where does all our money go? Thousands of people have S2 licences, and that means you have hundreds of thousands of pounds to spend on licensing. I want to see more cars and more improvements, less bad news and less delays

Oh well. It's been said many times that the devs will not release a piece of buggy or unfinished software/code. If you don't like this, go back to playing the AWESOME simulator we know as GRiD. Because we all know that in real life, we can take corners flat out at 150mph. Lets say there are 40,000 S2 licenced users. That's £960,000. Let's say that the devs each take £35,000 per year. Then, let's say, that it costs £4,000 a year to host the master server and storage for the skins etc. I have absolutly no idea how much it costs to officially licence a car, but I wouldn't imagine it's cheap.

So per year, we have £35,000 x 3 (£105,000) + £4,000. That's £109,000 going out a year. Obviously, these figures are pretty much totaly guesses (but probbably reasonable..ish). There's not as much money as you'd think floating around. You sir, are a spoilt little child who stomps about when he does not get what he wants, when he wants. No-one is probbably 'happy' about this, but we're respecting the devs decision, and all you do is bitch.
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Does that mean that there will be more content and improvments in the next patch than in the Test patches?
I am thinking about FZ and FX interiors for exemple...

I had almost forgotten about those!
#54 - RS1T
Quote from Gills4life :Good riddance. You haven't even got s2 you plonker.

dont flame him because he is a demo racer....ffs
@that GTR_Racer dude

I know that its a dissapointment but I mean come on. Everybody understands it how come you dont?

Btw, I'd like to see a game of yours being devoloped in such a hurry.
But meh who cares, you dont seem to have that knowledge anyways.
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :WHAT? You gotta be kidding??!! Now I had a reason to buy this weird game !! Now they cancel it. OMG, Hire more game makers then it'll go faster. Djeezes, anyway, any more delays and I explode ! About the setups for VW Scirroco: How you mean only stupid road going setups??!! I wanted a nice low riding VW finally in the game, NOW THEY DO THAT??!! OMG, this is terrible, time to search for another game or make my own, got enough connections. Have fun with this weird game, i'm out, may this game rest in pieces.

Good bye!
No one gonna miss you after this post.. i should suppose
:feedtroll
Not a problem at alll,

and i love the idea of limed setup !!

Just take it easy lfs devs, it was very clear too see this time that you guys were doing your very very best, only its still software, wise choose.

Cant Wait too drive the car

Merry Xmas Devs.(and plz be at home with famaly)
Quote from s14 Drift :
I Stand By The Development Team, But I Think They Shouldn't Have Raised everybodies Hopes Up And Then Said We Can't Have The Car Because Of The Traction Control.

+1
#61 - RS1T
Quote from Gills4life :You get far more than in most finished products. The fact that they continue to develop this is a bonus from my point of view. Please just don't post if you haven't got anything intelligent to say.

nothing intelligent? you were the one just flaming a demo racer...If i can buy a finished game for 24 pounds, then for the same price i would expect LFS to be an amazing sim. It is an amazing sim, but it could be so much better, there are hundreds of things which could be better
I had a feeling the release date was a bit optimistic when I saw the responses in the test patches. Oh well, no worries.

I'm currently playing through GTA4 on the PC and by comparison the Scavier commitment to quality code is refreshing!
Quote from wartek :maybe give us Z6 patch with vws - test version as a gitf for a christmas

Yeah, Scawen could you please release Scirocco test patch, at last for sigle player mode? Everyone will be happy - we will have fun with unfinished Scirocco and you will be quietly working on the final version of Scirocco...
it's people like GTA_Racer07 or RS1T that piss me off - instead of complaining why don't you just go somewhere else noobs?
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :if you have readen other reply's you had known i was planning to buy wich now i ain't gonna do no more !

Well it is no one elses problem that you are getting tired of the demo of an unfinished product. LFS is not going to be a whole new game when the Scirocco is released you know.

Quote from RS1T :dont flame him because he is a demo racer....ffs

I'm not flaming him because he is a demo racer, I am pointing out that he is saying how bad this "weird" game is, when he only has the demo of it. His post is all "i want i want i want". It isn't his game to decide what happens. If he is getting tired of the demo then maybe he should try getting s2 right now.
#66 - RS1T
Quote from lovretta :Well, the car simulated in LFS isn't any sort of Scirocco Cup Car isn't it?
It's ordinary VW Scirocco which anyone can buy, and it doesn't have adjustable suspension.

it would make SENSE for a car in a RACING game to have adjustable features. The FXO RB4 and XRT are all 'imaginary' cars that people can go out and buy, so why arn't there limited setups on them as well
Quote from Amynue :Yeah, Scawen could you please release Scirocco test patch, at last for sigle player mode? Everyone will be happy - we will have fun with unfinished Scirocco and you will be quietly working on the final version of Scirocco...

Would be a win win for everyone. However it's probbably not that easy, and personally, I'd rather wait for the full thing, that to have it in parts. It's like watching p**n. You'd rather have the whole thing there then get to the really good bit only to find you have to wait for the next bit.

RS1T stop moaning, you're more annoying than me today. Scirocco is a real car, the FXO etc are not. If you don't like the dev's decision, no-one is forcing you to stay.
oh, it is almost done, it works, be a santa clause
give it without traction control, as a test patch unofficial
we will find some bugs and then final patch will be better
Quote from Amynue :Yeah, Scawen could you please release Scirocco test patch, at last for sigle player mode? Everyone will be happy - we will have fun with unfinished Scirocco and you will be quietly working on the final version of Scirocco...

That as a alternative. Sounds good. We could also test it like and report bugs asap.

E: lol 6 posts in 1 min.
#70 - RS1T
Quote from rediske :it's people like GTA_Racer07 or RS1T that piss me off - instead of complaining why don't you just go somewhere else noobs?

I have spent my money on this game, so my opinion is valid. Are you a communist by any chance, or do you just not believe in free speech?
I am sure that it's worth to wait for it. Thanks and good luck with creating LFS better LFS devs !
As Bob Smith has said, there's no such thing as free speech on these forums.
Welcome to Duke Nukem Forever
#74 - wien
Oh well. These things happen. The features of the VW sound exciting though. Looking very much forward to giving it a whirl when you get it figured out.

Also, given the response this thread has gotten, are any of the people pushing for developer blogs, TODO lists and all that nonsense still confused as to why it's not happening?
This day keeps getting worse and worse
*cry*

(Nono, its alright devs, as closer to reality the vw gets, the better, but i just had a really bad day)
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG