The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from RS1T :if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2. Also many users are from europe where VAT is a LOT less than in the UK...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product

LFS is a real job that they've put effort into, course they take salaries out of the money, they have MOUTHS TO FEED, go away and get a clue, do you know how much money it costs to bring up a family? Or are you some little spoilt teenager that doesn't know anything about how life really is! People like you really wind me up, if they didn't get a salary out of it, LFS wouldn't bee here, they'd be doing something else actually earning themselves some money.
Thanks, now I will touch Scirocco in June '09 probably, cause of school and my mother! And I'm sure that I'm not the only who has this problem...

Greetings from T.M.
What a nice birthday gift for me (1st January).
Quote from RS1T :exactly what i said...but i get flamed for it

no, you got flamed because you spat the dummy. did you know the VW was going to be added when you bought LFS? as my mother used to say "you get what you're given. and you'll be greatful you got it." now stop your bitching. talking about buying an unfinished product. you were aware of that before you purchased you license. you probs used a pc that has an unfinished microsoft operating system on it.
Well I was looking forward to getting this as a getting out of school present, but I guess I can wait. I know all the wait will be worth it. Thanks Scawen.
Nice. Good that setups wont make best times, driving skill does.
Meh, I don't really care about the delay, just as long as I get a bug-free Scirocco that took a while rather than a rushed piece of junk that causes LFS to crash and doesn't work properly. Honestly, some of you guys are whinging 3 year olds today. I'm in a bad mood, I've fallen ill just before Christmas, so I'm not really happy, but I must say, this news actually cheered me up. I'm glad to see the devs are taking care and precision instead of a rushed sloppy pile of broken car. I want to drive an almost real Scirocco, not a virtual pretender, and thats what the devs are doing. £24 for a license isn't that much, so stop whinging. LFS does say it IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT, and for 3 guys, what they have already made is pure awesomeness. If I was to plonk you infront of a computer and tell you to make a mega-realistic driving simulator, then I'm sure I would only be able to laugh as you failed miserably. Don't like it? Why don't you run to EA Games, with 100's, maybe 1000's of developers and buy a cheesy game like Need For Speed Underground 7 - Revenge of the Poor Physics Game. LFS, in my HONEST opinion, beats Driv3r, Need for Speed and rFactor, and I really think it verges on being better than GT4.

If you look at it, the devs don't have a huge budget, so to have made a game this big is an extraordinary achievement. Well done devs, although I was looking to a holiday of Scirocco'ing round Aston.

Sorry for repeating, I will now unsubscribe from this thread, so if you really want to agree/disagree with me so bad, my PM system awaits your words.
Quote from SamH :Usually Scawen is the first one to tell US that giving us ANY advance info on what's .............

Would just like to point out that wasnt what i meant at all with my post even tho it on paper seemed to be pretty related with his.. just for no misunderstandings
Quote from RS1T :I know i may be annoying people with my protests, but as you said, we all have a right to do it. Back on the point, if licensing a car costs that much money, why doesn't scavier make more 'fakes'?

It costs nothing for LFS to licence a car, if you have read what Scawen has said over the last few days he, nor the rest of the dev team, have paid any money for real cars, they are all given to them for free.

As for the delay, meh, not all that bad, it gives me an excuse to spend time with my family over Christmas, rather than spending the whole time clocking up the miles. So thanks Scavier for saving Christmas.
maybe i am wrong to complain, as it is an unfinished product, but even so, the amount of flaming i have recieved is appalling. I take back some of the things that i said, but the i still agree that it was a mistake to announce the car before he was sure it would be perfect.

see you all around
No problem Scawen and thanks for the heads up on us. Being a small software developer myself, I know that there's a hugh difference between a small closed test and a public test. I've also seen what patches did with the ARMA: Armed Assault community. There are so many configurations out there that it's really hard to make software run as good as possible on all those pc's. Take your time, enjoy Christmas and the time with your family and amaze us with the final patch when it's ready.
Quote from Scawen :Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.

Just please, bring on the oversteer.
Quote from RS1T :that is why this forum disgusts me...simple

if you dont like my opinions dont read my posts...it is as simple as that. I just feel it is wrong for the devs to get everyones hopes up and then crush them in an instant. If you are not 100% sure the car will work with no probs, then dont mention its release until you are

If we have to read your opinion then you can damn well read our opinions on your opinion.
i have only read your posts in this thread bud and your complaining is appalling. yes you have the right to complain but the way you went about it was neither constructive or needed.
would you rather the VW was released with bugs and all? out of the two options that the devs had (1, release a buggy car and fix it asap. 2 postpone the release and give yourself more time to perfect the car) i think they made the correct choice. infact by postponing it they have probs given themselves a few more options.
as the song goes...."always look on the bright side of life..................."
-
(Feffe85) DELETED by SamH : LFS licences cannot be sold
Well, it's very unfortunate, but i'll be patient. Best things come with time (or like that.. you know what i mean, don't you?).
Quote from RS1T :maybe i am wrong to complain, as it is an unfinished product, but even so, the amount of flaming i have recieved is appalling. I take back some of the things that i said, but the i still agree that it was a mistake to announce the car before he was sure it would be perfect.

see you all around

seems you've managed to grow up a little in the last half hour...
Quote from Scawen :
Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings.

Sounds fantastic, I definitely will be looking forward to see how this works out. There's always a but though, and here it is: tyre pressures. These can (not that some values would be a great idea, mind) be made almost anything, the only real limit being a blowout because of the pressure being too high. Please let even impractical values be available, and model the appropriate behaviour correctly.

Quote :
We plan to [...] continue developing the Scirocco suspension

Is this with regard to tuning it to as close to stock geometry as possible with the suspension models LFS has currently, or that it's going to be something we've not seen implemented yet? (yes, sorry, I'm still harping on about the ML rear :shy

For what it's worth, good choice, will still enjoy any updates prior to the VWS if there's any. Oh and have a good X-mas break
This is exactly why the devs don't usually keep us updated on what they're working on. Some people's attitudes are absolutely disgusting.

Quote from RS1T :if you dont like my opinions dont read my posts...it is as simple as that.

You got it!
Quote from Zyrez :
Scawen: Just for the record.. in the future, would you pleeaas only post that kind of annoucements if your 120% sure its gonna happend?

I get what you're saying, but if his % of assurdedness (sp?) is > 100, then he'd just release it rather than saying, "hey I've got this great car totally done and you guys can have it in 8 days."
In my opinion this delay is good news. A roadgoing car with ABS and ESP with only one setup gives a totaly different type of racing.

Keep up the high standards!
guys DROP it, i have moved on but some are still intent on flaming thanks
Quote from Rolly-uk :Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. (as posted by our leader)

We should have more of this.

yes, i suck at setup stuff

Quote from SamH :Meh.. a bit disappointing, but I have a test patch Z5 with some cool shadows to be going on with, so I'm not complaining in the slightest.

I feel bad for Scawen. I can't begin to imagine how it feels to have to announce a delay like this, knowing the excitement that the VW has brought to the community. Respect to him for making the RIGHT decision, to delay the release until it's right.

I think we all have to just take the delay on the nose. We all reap the benefits of Scawen's pursuit of excellence at other times.. so we should be ready to take a bit of a knock to our anticipation taste buds this time. It's not actually a big deal, really, and symptomatic of a GOOD thing overall.

agreed

Quote from RS1T :I know i may be annoying people with my protests, but as you said, we all have a right to do it. Back on the point, if licensing a car costs that much money, why doesn't scavier make more 'fakes'?

Because, as you can see. That takes ages, sadly.

Quote from RS1T :exactly what i said...but i get flamed for it

you didnt exactly phrase in a that respectfull way.

Quote from EliteAti :Nice. Good that setups wont make best times, driving skill does.

Agreed.
We played a lot of time with no ABS or ESP, and now that's the cause of this delay!?
Quote from Tomas Miranda :We played a lot of time with no ABS or ESP, and now that's the cause of this delay!?

It's the ESP on the VWS that's the delay. And the sets and the 'realism'
I had the possibility to play some LFS this Christmas... now I know when I'll drive the Scirocco (probably in next Summer, cause of studyings). I know its nice to have a perfect car and all that, but put on my eyes... I will drive this car probably in Summer!
aaaahhhwww... shame it's not going to happen this week

But I guess this will mean the car will be even better when it is released
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG