The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Quote from wheel4hummer :Except slower and it'll smell like a truck stop.

Right.. forgot about those two

Quote from el pibe :when the scirocco will be released it will be

The day the Earth stood still

Crappy movie anyway..

Anyway... it's 'early-January'-ish so.. how about a nice update with Scirocco?
I agree with Sponge(bob.) 'bout time we at least get a test patch. If nothing arrives this month, I'm gonna start to feel ticked off. :arge:
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I'm gonna start to feel ticked off. :arge:

What the hell for? Getting pissed because a free patch gets delayed is the behaviour of a spoiled little child. Have fun with what you've got and quit your damn whining.
Quote from wien :What the hell for? Getting pissed because a free patch gets delayed is the behaviour of a spoiled little child. Have fun with what you've got and quit your damn whining.

Impatient teenagers on the internet for you, I'm afraid.
Quote from wien :What the hell for? Getting pissed because a free patch gets delayed is the behaviour of a spoiled little child. Have fun with what you've got and quit your damn whining.

It's just normal having other opinions. I still payed £24 for a barely complete game. I don't like having stuff delayed with my cash. Other people have got different opinions. If you want to kiss up to the devs, you can do that, and I don't have a prob with you. When I spend cash, I want something done with it. Games with nothing major since June/July (patch Z) tend to wear out.
Well, you don't have any idea what LFS is.

Newbies, eh... :rolleyes:
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I don't like having stuff delayed with my cash.

It's not your cash. It's the devs' cash and you parted with it quite willingly in exchange for a piece of alpha software, which is exactly what you have. Bet you feel stupid now, huh?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :It's just normal having other opinions. I still payed £24 for a barely complete game. I don't like having stuff delayed with my cash. Other people have got different opinions. If you want to kiss up to the devs, you can do that, and I don't have a prob with you. When I spend cash, I want something done with it. Games with nothing major since June/July (patch Z) tend to wear out.

Well, no-one forced you to buy it. Comparitively to Fallout 3, it's much better because, for one, it doesn't crash every 10 seconds. If I had of finished the game (but I can't because it crashes every 10 seconds), it probably would have taken a matter of weeks and I'd have been done with it. LFS has kept me entertained (ish) for nearly 4 years. Well worth the £24. Besides, it's fine as it is now. Besides, updates are coming. Unless of course, spending £24 on some other game with no updates, just bug fixes, constitutes 'finished'? What exactly is your definition of 'finished game', one might ask.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :It's just normal having other opinions. I still payed £24 for a barely complete game. I don't like having stuff delayed with my cash. Other people have got different opinions. If you want to kiss up to the devs, you can do that, and I don't have a prob with you. When I spend cash, I want something done with it. Games with nothing major since June/July (patch Z) tend to wear out.

Red the EULA before buying something next time.
hope devs can come on this formum thread and give us some feed back

would be nice to see some posiitive feedback on how the devs are developing on the scirocco

its not like nobody is waiting head over heels for this coz well i am have been waiting since i first heard bout it in end of may/june time

hope its soon

Tur8o
The beginning of the new year and everything goes again . Yay for all those whiners .

P.S.: I've got nothing to You guys... but this whole situation was so predictable, Scawen said that Scirocco will be in the beginning of new year... or at least in the first quater and here we have 8th of january so Scawen... You hear the peoples voice... You know what to do . Nahh... joking... chill out .
i'd ike a test patch so we can spot any unknown bugs, who can more rigerousy test a car better that a arge group of people?
Quote from chavm481 :i'd ike a test patch so we can spot any unknown bugs, who can more rigerousy test a car better that a arge group of people?

I think your "L" key is broken.

FBM was released pretty sucessfully to everyone without need for a "test patch" I'm sure a select few are testing scirocco already. We (general public) have to wait.
Quote from JasonJ :I think your "L" key is broken.

FBM was released pretty sucessfully to everyone without need for a "test patch" I'm sure a select few are testing scirocco already. We (general public) have to wait.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35520

I guess its fair to say that we can expect another test patch with the scirocco included, at some point of course - and indeed, this assumption is only based on the previous case (FBM) so dont nail me down when its not happening aight.

Quote from chavm481 :i'd ike a test patch so we can spot any unknown bugs, who can more rigerousy test a car better that a arge group of people?

Ergo? Hold your horses will you?
ok I must have alzheimers. I seem to forget everything now. If I forget my forum password, I say goodbye to all now.
Quote from JasonJ :ok I must have alzheimers. I seem to forget everything now.

I wasn't sure so i just checked it out myself. (research ftw )
lll my L key is working, didnt know about earlier post :S
Kanye West's new song "Bad News" fit's this topic pretty well.

"Did'nt you know, i was waitin' on you. Waitin' on a dream that'll never come true. Did'nt you know i was waitin' on you, my face turned a stone when i heard the news. When you decide to break the rules, cause i just heard some real bad news."

...or not?

In all seriousness, i cant see why so many people are getting upset about this. I would rather the car get's realesed without any bugs, rather it arrive with lots of annoying, little faults. It would just ruin the whole fun of driving it.
i like faults it would be like me!
This is just my understanding based on what Scawen has said so far, but I take it that the Scirocco IS finished, that is, ready for release.

What's holding things up is that some graphics changes introduced unexpected bugs that still have to be fixed. The reason (again, just my opinion) that the Scirocco hasn't been included in the test patches is that it doesn't need further testing and Scawen doesn't want to release it until the official patch is ready.
Quote from Sponge :Anyway... it's 'early-January'-ish so.. how about a nice update with Scirocco?

Where the hell does this come from now? All Scawen said was early 2009, there wasn't even a month mentioned... So by that logic, he still has more than 5.5 months time...
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :(Nag nag nag) Wheres the Scirocco? (nag nag nag) Why is it postponed? (nag nag nag) this sucks. (nag nag nag) im angry. (done)

wow
you know, it takes a lot of guts to try to predict a release date. you always get burned when you try to be too nice to people

LFS rules. GRID? Where is the tight online pack racing in GRID LOL

great news that LFS is continuing to put a priority on close online battles with the limited setup options on yet another new car released in a patch we don't have to pay for

oh yeah and while you're at the helm steering LFS to success, please don't forget to spend some of my money on this online service I keep having great races on
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Kanye West's new song "Bad News" fit's this topic pretty well.

"Did'nt you know, i was waitin' on you. Waitin' on a dream that'll never come true. Did'nt you know i was waitin' on you, my face turned a stone when i heard the news. When you decide to break the rules, cause i just heard some real bad news."

...or not?

In all seriousness, i cant see why so many people are getting upset about this. I would rather the car get's realesed without any bugs, rather it arrive with lots of annoying, little faults. It would just ruin the whole fun of driving it.

That song is oldddd now. But the album is still pretty lush. Another one that's often the case goes like "You wanna kill the vibe (freindly LFS atmosphere) on another night, here's another fight! (Some moron being a tard to another moron)

Quote from S14 DRIFT :That song is oldddd now. But the album is still pretty lush. Another one that's often the case goes like "You wanna kill the vibe (freindly LFS atmosphere) on another night, here's another fight! (Some moron being a tard to another moron)

Aww i thought the song was new.

I agree, his new album is uber cool.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG