The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
cause its harder it be in favor of supercar makers?
Ahemm... VW gave them a chance/deal to make the Scirocco , with alot of info from their side... They had the oppertunity to get the Scirocco in lfs.. and they Took it.... stop fantasizing about other stuff... you better not get any new car ?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Correct. I'm now unsubscribing from this thread because it has appeared in my subscribed threads list every minute from the day it was made.

WOW. I quoted a post that occured after I quoted it. How the...?

I totally agree with both of you!
Quote from chavm481 :im gonna go play rfactor.... free mods and night racing.

Go then, posting stupid things like that won't make LFS get free modding and night racing just so your pleased. Its the devs game not ours stop complaining and be greatful you've already got one of the best racing sims out there.
Quote :Originally Posted by chavm481
im gonna go play rfactor.... free mods and night racing.

Who caresss about what you play? Saying that wont change anything.
I'm very happy with lfs right now, I could manage without night racing etc.
Btw, You should stay in rfactor, lfs wont have night feature for loooooong time.
Quote from chavm481 :im gonna go play rfactor.... free mods and night racing.

Yeah,that's the way...
I hope you are joking.If not,call a doctor...a good one...
Quote from cardriverx :what I wanna know is why they picked a scirocco out of all the much cooler and much more fun to drive cars that are out there.... . Plus we already have a FWD hatch.

Why not something like a saleen S7 or lotus exige S or a lambo, all different that any car in LFS right now.

Probably because its THEIR game and not YOURS...
So its just "eat the soup you paid for and shut up" or "i'd rather play something else and shut up the same".
Seriously guys,you need a patch for yourself,not for the game.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Who caresss about what you play? Saying that wont change anything.
I'm very happy with lfs right now, I could manage without night racing etc.
Btw, You should stay in rfactor, lfs wont have night feature for loooooong time.

Yeah.. nice racing is a gimic.. doesn't really add anything. All I remember it doing was pretty much halfing the framerates of people with normal computers..
Quote from cardriverx :what I wanna know is why they picked a scirocco out of all the much cooler and much more fun to drive cars that are out there.... . Plus we already have a FWD hatch.

Why not something like a saleen S7 or lotus exige S or a lambo, all different that any car in LFS right now.

Because they didn't "pick" the Scirocco, from what I've heard VW approached them and wanted to put their car in the game.
Z how do you get nominated for the funniest person? All you do is go around and use inapropriate smiles.
I wanna get nominated for next year, so:

:gandalf:
You know guys, we're lucky, that the scirocco will even be included in the game.
I think it was only planned on the gc, to race and win the car, but the 3 devs, made it better then i reality (like all their other work), so weve gotta wait till the lil bugs are fixed to get it.
Stop noob moaning. -.-
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
The Dev's have said that they don't do progress reports because people would get angry if something didn't happen, and they've been proven correct.

Progress reports != Milestone dates.

There's a difference between promising a milestone date and noting what HAS been done or being worked on.

The latter is what many are interested in. Much like the test patch threads but with a wider audience.
Quote from Macfox :Progress reports != Milestone dates.

There's a difference between promising a milestone date and noting what HAS been done or being worked on.

The latter is what many are interested in. Much like the test patch threads but with a wider audience.

Nail in the head, you just hit it sir.
Lets keep it on topic please people.
Quote from Macfox :Progress reports != Milestone dates.

I understand what you mean, but if the days say: "we are working on night weather" and at the next patch, night weather isn't included people will be like "zomg lfs devs u sux" if you see what I mean..

Quote from anttt69 :Lets keep it on topic please people.

:sheep:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I understand what you mean, but if the days say: "we are working on night weather" and at the next patch, night weather isn't included people will be like "zomg lfs devs u sux" if you see what I mean..

There will always be those types I guess. But progress reports would keep the community interested and engaged, between test patch cycles and major releases.

I believe the bulk of the community can accept the pace of development, but if your on that slow boat, it's good to know it's heading to China, not just drifting aimlessly in the seas currents.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
:sheep:

thats gotta be the most rediculous smiley ever

And is it true that the Scirocco is postponed? :hide:
Quote from G!NhO :thats gotta be the most rediculous smiley ever

And is it true that the Scirocco is postponed? :hide:

You don't say. :biggun:

smiley win!
Quote from Macfox :There will always be those types I guess. But progress reports would keep the community interested and engaged, between test patch cycles and major releases.

I believe the bulk of the community can accept the pace of development, but if your on that slow boat, it's good to know it's heading to China, not just drifting aimlessly in the seas currents.

Any kind of progress reports becomes a "you promised to give us" here in this forum. The devs are in the lucky position to spend time on things that may even turn out as a dead end. Having to report about anything and even have to explain everytime why this was not done is annoying (for both sides) and won't help anyone.

They hoped to release a new car (which is just a fu***** VW afterall) right before x-mas which didn't happen due unexpected issues in the test patch. And look what happend because it didn't work out. Do you really think that regular progress reports would change anything? NO.

LFS is not a democracy, we are just a bunch of customers. The devs owe us nothing more.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG