The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
So, does that setup plan mean there will be no rallycross setup.
you can set diffrent tyres on a car yourself cant you?
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :So, does that setup plan mean there will be no rallycross setup.

You can always just put hybrid/knobbly tyres on it. Not sure about the suspensions though. there are really limited sets.
Quote from Danke :I get what you're saying, but if his % of assurdedness (sp?) is > 100, then he'd just release it rather than saying, "hey I've got this great car totally done and you guys can have it in 8 days."

Hehe, fine, just 100% sure then. But still if not, then you might get in the situation we are now.. its fair enough, but uncomfortable for both parts, so if i were scawen i would rather keep us a little in the dark and ofcourse inform us, but not as priceisly as "this and this date", but more "loosly" with as i said forexample "soon". Just to avoid things like this Maybe its just me, but i dont like getting dissapointed, so i would prefer to be kept abit in the dark till everything was perfect

"What you dont know, can't hurt you "
Ugh. time to revert back to Z. So I can hotlap.

Well. Yes. Was too good to be true.
I'm sorry if i sound like another disappointed customer, but I really am disappointed. But what the heck. hope stays that we will get it "early" 2009.

Good luck fixing it.
I think that's the best news in a very long time, and I am not sarcastic. Ok, the delay of the scirocco is a downside, but what's annouced or hinted here is what I for one wanted for years: limited setups for roadcars (and hopefully only reasonably editable ones for race cars too).

And RS1T, you might have not gotten so much flak if you hadn't acted like a spoiled brat that didn't get his chocolate in your initial posts. Hopefully you learned your lesson. Allthough I find that the people were quite mild towards you, or at least milder than you deserved in my eyes.
We must be dissapointed! When someone says a date is because it's sure... Another thing is that the car is gonna be improved, but I'm sure they have not received a letter from VW or VAG saying 'ESP and ABS or no Scirocco in LFS'.

That's my view about this notice...
Life's full of disappointments, be glad if the postponed scirocco is one of the worst ones you encountered yet.

I bet there are hundreds of track/car combinations you haven't tried yet, so just race those to keep you occupied over the holidays. Of course it#s very bad luck if you can't get to race the Scirocco till summer, but that sadly can't be helped.
I don't have a family, i don't have friends, I have nothing and the only thing i was going to have for christmas was the Scirocco.
I am very sady
You're like santa to me Scavier
But now, Life is going to end
Goodbye cruel world
I'm leaving you today

But It's okay that we wait for the better car.
Devs... just look on the bright side of life . Of course I am a little sad that VW will be later but I totally understand how unpredictable future can be. I'm sure that Scawen was quite happy that he could realese VW now but after realesing Test Patches he discovered some unpredictable problems. Yeah... guys... We propably could have VW in December... but only if "Scavier" team would work through the Christmas and New Year Eve... would You like them to work so hard and not spending time with their families? I would not. Scawen, Eric, Victor happy christmas to You and Your families! Take care .

Edit. Progress of LFS may be slow... but is stable and that counts!
Ah you know Scawen, just do your thing what you always do and don't feel bad about all this. Have a nice Christmas and Happy Newyear.
Well this is bad news but i guess i can wait for the better version but i do think Scawen should release the car on Test Patches just so we can see i there is any bugs or glitches that Scawen and the team don't see.
Take your time guys!

Without the VWS it's still the best sim/game 24 pounds can buy and I am confident it will be a gem when it's released. The announcement of limited setup parameters for a roadgoing car made my day!

Some people should remember what they agreed to when financially contributing to the development of this game.
Quote from Tomas Miranda :We must be dissapointed! When someone says a date is because it's sure... Another thing is that the car is gonna be improved, but I'm sure they have not received a letter from VW or VAG saying 'ESP and ABS or no Scirocco in LFS'.

Sometimes things dont go like it you in the way you want. And much more in a programers life

spanish:
A veces las cosas se te tuercen y no te salen como quieres. Yo empece este curso a programar en clase, programas ultra simples y a veces me lio y tardo 30 minutos cuando programas mas complicados los hice en 15. Aunque se que te jode lo de las notas...prueba a estudiar xD
lol @ op
Heeeyyy!! Why all the negativity? At least we have something to look forward to for christmas next year!
Quote from th84 :Heeeyyy!! Why all the negativity? At least we have something to look forward to for christmas next year!

So Xmas is in 'early 2009' next year?
All I have to say is.
Take your time and make it good.

Quote from Scawen :Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings. This will mean that the racing should be closer than usual and rely on driver skill, without the need to search for the best setups. Of course this means we need to get the setup as good as possible so it is comparable with the real car.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed by that, because I wanted to play with Cirroco settings (pleeese make it possible to fiddle with some settings in a special off line mode or something like that) but also I know that this will benefit competition between drivers, without worrying about the setup and this is a good thing.

So just take your time. This has to be good.
Quote from Whiskey :Sometimes things dont go like it you in the way you want. And much more in a programers life

spanish:
A veces las cosas se te tuercen y no te salen como quieres. Yo empece este curso a programar en clase, programas ultra simples y a veces me lio y tardo 30 minutos cuando programas mas complicados los hice en 15. Aunque se que te jode lo de las notas...prueba a estudiar xD

I was studying Physic and Chemistry, but I just learnt all that goes in tomorrow's exam haha.

Spanish:

Estaba estudiando Física y Química, pero me acabo de aprender todo lo que entra en el examen de mañana xD
aww ok i can wait
Quote from SamH :I feel bad for Scawen. I can't begin to imagine how it feels to have to announce a delay like this, knowing the excitement that the VW has brought to the community.

Exactly my thought, must have been a bitter pill to swallow. Also because I think he (they) really wanted to give us the xmas gift
Quote from th84 :Heeeyyy!! Why all the negativity? At least we have something to look forward to for christmas next year!

You are very optimistic today. How comes?
Quote from Tomas Miranda :We must be dissapointed! When someone says a date is because it's sure... Another thing is that the car is gonna be improved, but I'm sure they have not received a letter from VW or VAG saying 'ESP and ABS or no Scirocco in LFS'.

That's my view about this notice...

This is the exact reason why the devs do not give an estimated release date. In a small test environment (usually Beta testers with decent PC's) things may seem to be going smoothly but when released there was problems (all the cheapskates with GeForce 4 and 5 series cards ). IMO better to release it later and polished rather than early and rushed. The reactions of some people in here are a bit pathetic to be honest.
It is absolutely the right decision to go for quality and not for quick release dates.
We might get it before christmas, I hope. The 19th is still a few days before christmas, so maybe we'll get it on the 24th or something
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG