The online racing simulator
Are you all upset just because you can't have your christmas present before christmas?

Of course you can always go to your nearest VW dealer and get your Scirocco early, however at a massively inflated price.
If it is longer to wait, than that we will be good!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
Quote from tubaman :i know i'm a demo racer but i'm glad they postponed it no one wants to drive a car with bugs in it.

My car got infested with palmetto bugs once. It sucked.

Haha, that actually made me laugh out loud.
Not bad at all. Actually great.
I appreciate that LFS devs have the frontality to come to us and say "the release will be postponed because of A, B and C", not leaving us in the dark.
Take your time, good things need to wait ALOT! lol...
I cool with the fact that it is postponed but next time the devs should finish it and then set a release date...
Quote from Vinnylegends :I cool with the fact that it is postponed but next time the devs should finish it and then set a release date...

Please no release dates.
A limited setup is going to be the best thing about this car, racing will be brilliant and hot lapping will also be really competitive and not about who can make the most unrealistically fast setup.

Also - all of the people who are complaining about it being delayed and that LFS isn't worth the money and that they didn't want to pay wages they wanted to pay for development, i'd love to see you in a team of three developers who pretty much dedicate their lives to this game and the community. Its their game and they do what they want with it, we only pay for a license to use the product. It said nowhere that you were buying a finished game.

You should read more before throwing your money at something rather than just complaining.
Quote from Vinnylegends :I cool with the fact that it is postponed but next time the devs should finish it and then set a release date...

So, if it's finished 14 January it would normally get released, but you say it should be like:

Quote from fake :Dear racers,
We are done with patch 0.6A*,
We can assure you, that you'll have the patch in 7 days, instead of today, since we can now set a release date, so people will be happy.

That will not work.

* Is this patch called 0.6A?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :
* Is this patch called 0.6A?

It is likely, because the viewer was called that, and after 0.5Z, comes 0.6A.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :So, if it's finished 14 January it would normally get released, but you say it should be like:

in my bday would be awesome!
Lets hope we either get a test patch with it or Scawen was joking and it rly is coming tomorrow.
#340 - hda
Quote from Luke.S :Lets hope we either get a test patch with it or Scawen was joking and it rly is coming tomorrow.

he doesn't do that kind of jokes
Next year as in 365 days or in 30ish days!?!?!
Worth the wait, we might actually get those updated fzr/fxr interiors
Quote from KanseiDneova :Worth the wait, we might actually get those updated fzr/fxr interiors

Doubt it, but who knows.
Have a good Christmas Scawen and dont work too hard after next Tuesday! I wont be :drink:

Hope the new year is productive and rewarding for you and this impatient rabble
I was wondering what kind of problems they or we have in LFS...

I haven´t got any problem, so I am just wondering...

...But if they have noticed, then it´s better to fix them first...

Maybe with VWS has a something problems with LFS I guess

For me all release dates for all kind of projects (building, bridge, road, software, hardware) simply give an indication about the most probable date if there is no major unexpected delay. It is just to give an idea and can't be accurate all the time.

100% accurate release date = no release date at all. That's the only way.

Personnaly I prefer to know Scirocco is coming around chrismas or beginning of 2009 instead of no information at all.

But we can be sure after this experience that Scawen will give even less information about development than before (and he is right to do so, unfortunately for us).
I think the negative posts have been relatively small in number (I half expected a lot more) and a few guys actually came to their senses and apologised for running off at the mouth. Whatever you do, you can't make everyone happy 100% of the time. Don't take negative input seriously in this context.

I myself, to would rather some information, even if delays occur, than no information at all. It promotes conversation and even brings potential issues into discussion before they occur. It helps to solve problems before they occur and it gives Scavier ideas to.
ok the idea of fixing it and making it right is ok for me. i can deal with waiting np. but one thing i DO NOT like is the fact that there will only be a few adjustments. this could maybe be a turn off for others to i guess we will just have to see when it comes.
I despair of some of the people around here really I do.

It seems to me all a lot of people want is a car that drives like they want it to, and the name/bodyshell is the only thing that is different. People asking for the Scirocco to be oversteering in nature for example. I just don't get it. Which part of this is a simulator don't you lot get??? It'll handle like it's supposed to, not how YOU want it too !! That's what a simulator is all about !!

Scawen,

Thank you for giving us the heads up. I for one would much rather that the car was right and the release was bug free. I'm also extremely pleased that an extra effort is going in to making the Scirocco as realistic as possible by taking away all the setup options that would effectively make it handle in a way that just wouldn't be possible in the real thing.
Not an easy reply, I know, but I`m just wondering why announce it when it wasn`t 100% sure of a release.

If you`re reading this Scawen, you normally only announce releases when something is guaranteed, so why the public announcement and subsequent cancellation?

Even those of us that aren`t playing LFS atm know you are constantly working on it with your own schedule, and development isn`t going to just die all of a sudden without some sort of official statement, so why make the statement and cancel afterwards? It just seems like a radical departure from the norm.

I know everyone likes a patch or expects some sort of gift at xmas, but there was no need at all to announce it if it couldn`t be released. It`s your project, and no amount of whining is going to force a release of anything.

Was it just wishful thinking to release something to us all for xmas, or are you starting to feel overly stressed about the perceived lack of visible public progress, and felt you needed to announce something prematurely to keep people happy?
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG