The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
The fixed setup sounds like a great idea - hopefully the results of the Scirocco will show that the other road cars should have more realistic setup choices (deRonspeaked - the only stuff you can tweak would be tyre pressures basically).
Quote from Takumi_lfs :He just reads what he actually wanted to read.

his eyes are lying to him

I know and besides that, you tell one guy whats going on and then some posts later you see the same stuff again. I think threads like this or this VW Scirocco release plan should be published in "locked status" from the beginning since they are bound to get spammed.
Quote from RS1T :I have spent my money on this game, so my opinion is valid. Are you a communist by any chance, or do you just not believe in free speech?

free speech is totally ok, this is what you were doing:

LOL @^

Quote from RS1T :Why dont you listen?
I know the reasons i and i respect the fact that things always don't go to plan, but it is rude to raise people's hopes like that, and then to crush them. Like i said in my first post which you evidently didnt read properly, if the car isn't 100% finished and perfect, don't mention the release. I'm not being disrespectful, it is just wrong to do that

I am listening. They released the news saying that the 'Rocco was going to be out 'sometime this week. That was the plan. However, there are some coding issues that, obviously, aren't as easy as the devs had thought. So the plan couldn't follow through to reality. Y'know, I kind of understand why the devs don't make announcements about the goings on. Because where as if they don't say anything, people (like you) moan about how there are "no updates, that they've paid for a piece of software that isn't finished, blah blah cry cry". Where as if they do say something, and then something goes wrong, they have to put up with people (like you who act like their dong has fallen off. It's not a big deal, if you can't wait for a month or 2 (maybe more, but tbh where's the rush)?) for a pixel car for a pixel game, then maybe you need to get a life.
Of course, I'm not glad to read this at all...
But this just shows one thing. The dev team is full of perfectionists, wich most devteams lack! I can't understand how people even think of complaining when 3 dudes are trying to give the best of them on a sim.
I think that a bit of maturity is needed to understand LFS from every aspect, including the development.
I'm just glad that there have been just 2 complainers so far (one of them has done nothing for the game), and that the rest understands completely what's going on. Give a good image to the forum, really.
@the dev team: I'm really looking fordward to drive the VWS without any bug, and as close to the real thing. Also, it's good to know how perfectionist you are, because we can be sure that this sim is going for the best!
Quote from Jakg :Scawen doesn't pay for licenses (because, as he says - he shouldn't have to pay to give a company advertising), and frankly this is "Scawens Baby" he's left Lionhead and now has absolute freedom to do wtf he wants and develop things his way (i.e. slowly and methodically rather than "release, patch 3 times then move on")Good point, but this will probably come later - it makes sense that if it's going to be put in now that it goes on the VWS first, though...
Wait, what?

(Pro-Tip - Research "Communist")
This is why Scawen etc doesn't post about upcoming stuff that much, which gets him lots of flak. He DOES post, and something goes wrong and he also cops the shit. What else is he supposed to do?

Must admit the release date did seem too good to be true. Oh well - Scavier have had my £84-odd and i'm happy with what i've got back.

finally somebody who talks some sense instead of flaming, even though i do not agree with all your points, at least you respond to mine in a grown up way instead of flaming
I know the reasons i and i respect the fact that things always don't go to plan, but it is rude to raise people's hopes like that, and then to crush them. Like i said in my first post which you evidently didnt read properly, if the car isn't 100% finished and perfect, don't mention the release. I'm not being disrespectful, it is just wrong to do that

The original plan unfortunately CHANGED. Try to understand this. Devs did not intentionally screw the players.

If it was 100% done, then he'd just release hit - he said he'd had great success with the patch in testing, but when the patch was publically tested LOADS of things appeared which take a while to fix.

Are you saying you've never told someone you'll do something by a time and then found out the 5 minute job will actually take 5 days? - It happens to me all the time at work (or, more precisely other people let me down :P)
I apologized and excused myself, i hope you all understand. I'm having lots of problem ehre at home, my excuses.
Quote from RS1T :finally somebody who talks some sense instead of flaming, even though i do not agree with all your points, at least you respond to mine in a grown up way instead of flaming

And I suppose you feel that all of your posts have been in a grown up manner?
Yeh, a really bad news Good luck and Happy holiday
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :WHAT? You gotta be kidding??!! Now I had a reason to buy this weird game !! Now they cancel it. OMG, Hire more game makers then it'll go faster. Djeezes, anyway, any more delays and I explode ! About the setups for VW Scirroco: How you mean only stupid road going setups??!! I wanted a nice low riding VW finally in the game, NOW THEY DO THAT??!! OMG, this is terrible, time to search for another game or make my own, got enough connections. Have fun with this weird game, i'm out, may this game rest in pieces.

its not like you were going to get it anyways.

besides if any bitches about the graphics, get bloom mod and search for some settings people have made. The one i have practically makes LFS look like PGR 3
Quote from rediske :free speech is totally ok, this is what you were doing:

lol you are funny

i was expressing my opinions, and just because my opinion happens to be a criticism, that does NOT mean i am whining.

contrary to what you all may thing, i am not some ten year old who burst out crying when my life was ruined by evil scawen who didnt release the scirocco

im going away for a month, anyway, so even if it had been released this friday i wouldnt have been able to use it anyway. I am making sensible points here and you people are just slating and flaming my views because you do not agree
Aww man, so much for the high hopes this week.

I may be annoyed atm, but when the car will be released (sometime...) I hope it will pay off sometime. Better to have something finished rather than early.
I'm a little annoyed that I won't have an excuse to have a few races "with the guys" when the VWS comes out (which I will admit I have been looking forward too - LFS's content got boring over the last few months because i've "done it all") - but at the same time I like the fact that when a patch comes out for LFS it's (usually) 99.9% working and 100% stable - if Scawen hobbled 0.6A out then it would sort of ruin it.
Quote from Gills4life :And I suppose you feel that all of your posts have been in a grown up manner?

quote me
Quote from RS1T :finally somebody who talks some sense instead of flaming, even though i do not agree with all your points, at least you respond to mine in a grown up way instead of flaming

Please read again the first 2 posts you made in this thread, that I quoted below... And then please explain us what you mean by responding in a grown up way...

Quote from RS1T :I am annoyed. I spend 24 pounds on LFS (which is a good game) but it is NOT worth the money of an other game like GRID etc. The graphics are so much better, it is so much more detailed and there are hundreds of licenced cars. Where does all our money go? Thousands of people have S2 licences, and that means you have hundreds of thousands of pounds to spend on licensing. I want to see more cars and more improvements, less bad news and less delays

I was just about to make a skin and a new interior for the VWS, but when i read this i cant be arsed anymore

great job guys

Quote from RS1T :that is not good news, that is shit. If there was a scirocco cup in real life then of course all the drivers would be able to tune the suspension . This is bullshit

Well in my opinion, I am glad that Scawen was a little optimistic with the release date for the Scirocco as we got to find out what to expect when it does get released. It's because of you whiners that we don't get to know much about the development of LFS, as you all act like little kids if you don't get it "right now". So please let the developers develop, and you racers go race
Quote from chunkyracer :Please read again the first 2 posts you made in this thread, that I quoted below... And then please explain us what you mean by responding in a grown up way...

In the first post i was very annoyed when i heared the news, the second point was valid....just because there is a 'swear' word in it that doesnt mean the comment isnt 'grown up'
@Developers. Don't worry. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Don't worry about people are just exercising their "right to protest".
#121 - Aid
Hi Scawen
I am thinking how limited setup will be because we all know how easy is to lock wheels during braking in normal cars and I am mouse driver so i wonder if we can change brake balance and force? If not mouse and kb drivers will suffer a lot. I know we will have ABS but after some testing it looks like ABS works good but with brake force not much higher than I usualy use, when I increased force to [hard track] level ABS was being engaged a lot and i had a feeling i could brake more efficiently without it with lower force. It all doesn't matter that much because everybody will have very similar setup but on the other hand if admins will ban TC and ABS driver that use key as a brake will have dissadvantage i think. Rest of the setup should be cool only difference will be driving styles so people will have to adapt to setup.

The other thing is... would it be hard to program a liittle feature.... the small list of host that has been use recently let say 5 positions? With that feature we wouldn't have to wait for the list of hosts tu update or type in the name of host but directly select it from list of last used server... that would be great i thin probably u will not do it but i have to ask anyway

While its a disapointment that the car has been delayed, at least the have taken the measure and steps to ensure that the car is perfect for LFS before realising, and if they had problems then fair do's to them.

And if you think this is the worst that can happen to a sim-racing game.....I suggest you search out NetKar Pro and see what real disapointment is.
Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. (as posted by our leader)

We should have more of this.
Quote from RS1T :the second point was valid....

no its not, because its a "simulator" and its realistic that there arent many setup posibilities
Sure thing!
Quote from RS1T :if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2. Also many users are from europe where VAT is a LOT less than in the UK...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product

No excuse? Then why did you pay for it then? If you did not have s2 you would be a rather unhappy bunny I am sure. The devs also have to make a living too you know. Maybe in time you will understand that.

Quote from RS1T :agreed

You agreed with a guy who just admitted he was wrong and he is having issues at home...
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG