The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
The S T F U Truck | ||'""|""\__,_
| _[lol]___[lol]____ l ||__|__|__|)
|(:spin(:spin"""""""**|()(:spin**|(:spin
Driving thru threads that are utterly stupid.

that was for the Rice integra .... nice papermade lights !
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sorry to appear to be trolling this thread, but that is simply not true. You cannot tell how a car 'handles' from being a passenger. You can tell how it accelerates, how well it brakes, and how fast it can go round corners, but you can't actually tell how it 'feels'.

I say you can.
you can about 60%. i simply have to drive it to know it..
Quote from chavm481 :you can about 60%. i simply have to drive it to know it..

Maybe that's just you. If you are observant and look at how the driver is driving it; how far the gas pedal is being pushed and outcome, how much force is needed for pushing brake or turning, how much you turn, and how the car reacts - cause and effect, you can get a pretty good grasp of how it handles.

run-on sentence ftw?
Quote from Gunn :I say you can.

So please, tell me - How can you tell how the steering and gearshift, feels, how the brakes respond from pedal travel, all the stuff that only a driver would know, without having driven that particular car yourself? Direct steering doesn't always mean it has good feel/weight. I'd rather have a car that has 4 turns lock to lock and feels awesome, than one that turns 1.8 turns lock to lock and feels like marshmellows.
An observant passenger can tell a lot about how a car handles. I often instruct at autocross events, and as a passenger I can tell a lot about what the car is doing and what the driver can do differently to improve things. For example you can easily tell when the car is understeering, and tell that the driver is adding on too much extra steering lock, which is actually making the understeer worse. Or that they apply too much extra throttle mid turn which worsens the understeer. Or that the way they use the brakes upsets the balance of the car on corner entry. Sure, you may not get the 'feel' as a passenger but you can certainly tell a lot about the 'handling'.
I hope that I won't upset anybody with my question, because I don't have time to read 16 pages in this thread.
I tried with search and with google but I can't find information that clearly states that Scirocco is going to be available only in S2.

Is it going to be in demo?
#458 - Dmt
Quote from ljuba :I hope that I want upset anybody with my question, because I don't have time to read 16 pages in this thread.
I tried with search and with google but I can't find information that clearly states that Scirocco is going to be available only in S2.

nop
Quote from ljuba :I hope that I want upset anybody with my question, because I don't have time to read 16 pages in this thread.

Taken from the announcement of the release of the Scirocco that you can find in the LFS site or here in this forum: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1003401#post1003401

Quote :You will need an S1 or S2 license in order to drive the Scirocco when it is released.

Quote from ljuba :

read the statement.
Attached images
Capture.JPG
Quote from white92talontsi :plus the aston martin doesnt sound that good too me, sounds like a high strung crotch rocket.

Which is what a properly tuned engine should sound like. Not like a bucket of bolts being rattled about.

Add the build quality, the interior luxury and the fact it goes around corners and won't fall apart in 3 years and in comparison the Aston is far better VFM than any modern plastic american muscle car. I wouldn't waste 20p let alone 20k on a modern american muscle car. Older versions however those are a different matter, at least they've got some historical interest.

ps when you first said cobra I was assuming you meant a real cobra as in a Shelby AC Cobra circa 1960's. Now that is a proper muscle car !
you guys should watch "THE BAD THE GOOD AND THE UGLY" by Jeremy Clarkson
it's a british dude trying to find a good american car
And the only good one he could find was one that was pretty much engineered by a load of European people.
Quote from chavm481 :you can about 60%. i simply have to drive it to know it..

Lol you quoted me
Quote from S14 DRIFT :And the only good one he could find was one that was pretty much engineered by a load of European people.

exactly

also, a v10 dodge viper is getting owned by a 1.8l 4cl inline lotus
Quote from Mazink :exactly

also, a v10 dodge viper is getting owned by a 1.8l 4cl inline lotus

it even almost gets owned by a Z4 M ... wich is the lamest bmw after the X6
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Lol you quoted me

so? oh and on off topic... the crvette and viper did good, but not the taurus....
Quote from el pibe :it even almost gets owned by a Z4 M ... wich is the lamest bmw after the X6

Z4M is quite a nice car. If you want an M3, but a smaller and more convertibley one.. (you can get a hard-top as well but hey), then it's awesome. Besides, it drives well and looks nice imo.
BMW's always look nice..
yes... i didnt mention the few accidents..
Quote from chavm481 :BMW's always look nice..

Hah, bet that Honda Civic's (Eg6) would win the "Sexiest car ever" award.

I'm sorry, but the bmw 3 series compact is one of the ugliest car ever.
off topic guys and girls

need my scirocco, sound doesn't matter...
hope scawen will release it quickly, can't wait anymore. i played flight simulator x today cause i was bored
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :off topic guys and girls

need my scirocco, sound doesn't matter...
hope scawen will release it quickly, can't wait anymore. i played flight simulator x today cause i was bored

since when does scawen does something quickly?
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG