The online racing simulator
Quote from LFSn00b :aaa, cheers mate

Just check around the car to make sure it isn't using the texture in another spot which isn't on the chair
but it looks like they are especially for the chair
Quote from LFSn00b :EDIT: Aw, it ruins the steering wheel, a bit :/

heh, thought of the same thing at the same time XD
#553 - Jay
refering to the video and without reading the whole thread... will that ugly blue tc-light be replaced and the tachometer modified like the real one until the release?
ah yea, the engine sound is a too bit loud, especially with a helmet on your head

anyways, i´m fairly excited to see the handling in lfs
Quote from Jay :refering to the video and without reading the whole thread... will that ugly blue tc-light be replaced and the tachometer modified like the real one until the release?
ah yea, the engine sound is a too bit loud, especially with a helmet on your head

anyways, i´m fairly excited to see the handling in lfs

I doubt it.
I for one HOPE thats they change to the REAL dash, no added "features" just because the other cars has it. i want a REAL car to look REAL (may be just me), and i hope it FEELS real too. if not im disappointed :/

btw, am i the only one stupid enough not to understand that the Scirocco is Turbocharged? *lol* just saw it when looking at vw.se :P
so, 200hp, turbo, fwd... is it a competitor to the fxo? No, i dont think so, but i really think it should be in the TBO-class, if not then it'll be a black sheep in a way
I can't wait.
Great video, but it could have used one of Don's trademark slowmotion scenes, like in this video, for example.

Congrats to the team
Quote from Feffe85 :I for one HOPE thats they change to the REAL dash, no added "features" just because the other cars has it. i want a REAL car to look REAL (may be just me), and i hope it FEELS real too. if not im disappointed :/

btw, am i the only one stupid enough not to understand that the Scirocco is Turbocharged? *lol* just saw it when looking at vw.se :P
so, 200hp, turbo, fwd... is it a competitor to the fxo? No, i dont think so, but i really think it should be in the TBO-class, if not then it'll be a black sheep in a way

Don't say that!
its in its own Class VWS class!!!
#559 - chk
I'm very happy about this great christmas gift the scirocco is an amazing car, I can't wait

Now the only things missing in lfs are a light MR car like the elise/exige and a reproduction of the nordschleife
arg I just spent 1 hour replicating the Britcar VX220 livery for it when Gimp crashed while saving, corrupting the xcf file :irked:
Quote from ACCAkut :arg I just spent 1 hour replicating the Britcar VX220 livery for it when Gimp crashed while saving, corrupting the xcf file :irked:

Remember to save more frequently next time
I did, but always overrid the same file, and this one time Gimp crashed while saving it
Quote from ACCAkut :arg I just spent 1 hour replicating the Britcar VX220 livery for it when Gimp crashed while saving, corrupting the xcf file :irked:

if u are interested there are hi res pics on www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk
Quote from Scawen :
Can anyone who sees this fault please report their graphics card and drivers version?

And can anyone else with the same graphics card let us know if it works ok on your computer, and if so, which driver version you are using?

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
93.71 drivers
Oh no. We can't have the Scirocco after all - it's gonna buggar up the Car Selection Screen's nice symmetry
Quote from J@tko :Oh no. We can't have the Scirocco after all - it's gonna buggar up the Car Selection Screen's nice symmetry

hahaha. so true.
@ R3DMAN
I know that site, i already have a huge stash of pics and sponsor logos on my harddisc, at first I planned to make a skin for the RA, but I think i fits the Scirocco quite good too (its not as boxy as the other LFS cars)

Q J@tko
Maybe the Devs add some more cars to keep it symmetric

edit: the pic below shows all my (finished) skin projects, not only vws ones
Attached images
lfsordner.jpg
Aaa.. :jawdrop:
im going to TMS for a service soon, so if you want i can take pics of the car.. let me know what bits you need and ill get you them.
I'm still listening to that e-card with all the thankyous :s i think im going crazy.. lol
Quote from Scawen :Anyone who is not a programmer would probably be surprised how much time some things took to improve, such as the new wheel drawing system and the updated car shadows.

Ah excellent and I thought I noticed a secondary shadow in the video but wasn't sure since I watched the youtube version.

Has the issue with alpha channeled textures making specific types pf objects disappear when rendered behind it been corrected by any chance, since the VWS seems to have a rather large such texture overlayed in the middle of the windscreen?
i assume (dangerous word these days) that all the car shadows have been updated?
Quote from Danas :NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
93.71 drivers

Mines are exactly the same, and i have the same problem
dfhajkewlr i can´t wait anymore!! im sitting here like this :monkey: wah so much time to wait still
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG