The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :Scawen, will there be the "generic" skins on Scirocco? I mean e.g. 4P, LFSWorld, LFS-NL skins because I'm maikng them so if it will be a waste of time or not

No, we are not allowed to release any skins with the VW.

Part of the agreement is to only release it with official standard colours.

Of course users may use skins in the normal way.
Thank you Scawen absolutely Fantastic
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do any of the LFS cars have them?

No , but the sciroccos , should have , like MRT or Rac or FBM or BMWF1 , cuz are Real cars
woppyykayeee...now theres a great christmaspresent, cheers devs...
Will Scirocco have 900° wheel rotation or clasically 720°?
Love the release video, nicely done.
Quote from Flame CZE :Will Scirocco have 900° wheel rotation or clasically 720°?

720 since there are no animations for 900, I'd imagine.
How much lock has the scirocco got in the real world?
12 Dec will end in 1.5hr in HK....
Quote from jasonmatthews :Respect

Sonicrealms Racing started about then

It was a great year to the LFS, the S1 launch was superb for a community that have waited so much, only in demo.
Quote from scania :12 Dec will end in 1.5hr in HK....

Yeah, and...? Scawen said the patch will come out in the week ending on Friday december 19th, so that's next week.
Quote from obsolum :Yeah, and...? Scawen said the patch will come out in the week ending on Friday december 19th, so that's next week.

ah..... I think it's the time to sleep now, because I'm live for sleep
Haa finally!
Quite interesting to see how it would work then
Quote from kaynd :Taking it for my point of view of the sim, the addition of any FWD car and infact, any car right now is not what I need.
Especially FWD cars demonstrate in a very profound way the inaccuracy of the tire load sensitivity model…
It is that bad that I am getting sick every time I accidentally look the setup screen of an fwd car… not to mention driving it.
I realy can’t stand that out of space ability the tires have, to give sufficient grip no matter how high loaded they are. This makes anti roll bars and relevant spring stiffness a useless factor defying the grip distribution between the rear and the front axel. Bouncing, damping and diffs work really well… and that’s about it, the rest of the suspention only controls the bounce rate of the car, tire wear (oh yes) and grip distribution between the two driven by the engine wheels, making differentials the most effective factor of the car’s behavior.

What do we get by this? Exclusively locked diff setups with loads of under steer in the corner entry, even by just lifting off the throttle, not to mention braking… and plenty of oversteer (oh yeah in an FWD car) exiting the corner.
And how to reduce the corner entry understeer and give some more corner exit oversteer? Just increase the front arb stiffness and/or reduce the rear… put some more damping to the harder end to balance out the car’s hoping and weight transitions… and voila the perfect FWD setup.

Great post Kaynd.
This is the issue which should be fixed a long time ago, but unfortunately looks like proper tyre physics is not devs key point.
Limited setup changes will only mask the holes in the physics.
Quote from Scawen :the LFS one does not have multilink rear suspension. It just has the best available in LFS which is a double wishbone. At some point I'd like to add better suspension types with more complex motion but that has not been done yet.

Fact: "At some point" people lose interest and get interested by other products.

Fact: "At some point" sends the ball so far ahead in time you'll forget why or who had thrown it years before in case you happen to find it years later.

Fact: LFS has again the opportunity to compare itself with real world car (common one this time, the scirocco) and again the solution presented is half-baked like so many in LFS these recent years. Not even suspension geometry/type is of same nature. Fantasy la-la land continues.

Fact: The excuse over these years for half-baked, has been that after months of idling you work your butt-off for a month to make an artificial (self imposed or not) deadline. "there is no time for that" becomes the easy and handy excuse. Since GC there was no time to code a proper suspension for it? Shouldn't it have been a priority?

Fact: Confort is an enemy of will.

Fact: LFS will remain the sim that could but rarely is.
Fact: Thank god you haven't wasted a single one of your precious Euros for the piece of half baked shit Live for Speed is right now.

Fact: people who utter assumptions as "facts" are retarded.
Quote from Uximura :Fact: "At some point" people lose interest and get interested by other products.

Fact: "At some point" sends the ball so far ahead in time you'll forget why or who had thrown it years before in case you happen to find it years later.

Fact: LFS has again the opportunity to compare itself with real world car (common one this time, the scirocco) and again the solution presented is half-baked like so many in LFS these recent years. Not even suspension geometry/type is of same nature. Fantasy la-la land continues.

Fact: The excuse over these years for half-baked, has been that after months of idling you work your butt-off for a month to make an artificial (self imposed or not) deadline. "there is no time for that" becomes the easy and handy excuse. Since GC there was no time to code a proper suspension for it? Shouldn't it have been a priority?

Fact: Confort is an enemy of will.

Fact: LFS will remain the sim that could but rarely is.

Fact: You cannot make any of these comparisons on playing the demo alone.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Fact: Thank god you haven't wasted a single one of your precious Euros for the pice of half baked shit Live for Speed is right now.

Fact: people who utter "facts" that are assumtions are retarded.

don't matter how you look at it. it's still better then NFS. XD
I don't think "Uximura" has only played the demo
Fact: this thread is deteriorating.

We don't know all the changes that will come in 0.6A, until we do, there's no point ranting about non-existing changes. Especially in this thread. Let's try to see something good in getting new content

edit: ooh, Scawen baiting, screenshotted!
Quote from Scawen :I don't think "Uximura" has only played the demo

Shouldn't that entitle him to a promotion to the Forum Rank of "no longer welcome"?

EDIT: skimming through the whole of 19 posts of him, I dare say he can be classified as "forum troll" anyway, so he wouldn't really be missed in here.
Good news!
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco release plan
(695 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG