The online racing simulator
Btw where could i download the U30 from?
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :Scawen did you change the file structure? I can see that I now have a "snd" and "sound" folder ?

Yes, the old "snd" isn't used anymore. (Or maybe only if a file cannot be found in "sound".)
Quote from SkyNet :Btw where could i download the U30 from?

There was a link posted to it earlier in this thread (somewhere after the U32 release note).
Quote from Tweaker :I don't think this is needed at all Scawen. I think the problem lies within the people making the comments NOT KNOWING that the sound is drastically different when in the cockpit versus external reference points. People are saying the sounds are way too muffled, but that is because you are inside the car and a lot of things are harder to hear.... If you made it any less, then LFS is once again back to its typical loud engine sound that you can hear perfectly clear while inside a car, which is wrong.

People testing this need to hear the car from the cockpit, then see what it sounds like in chase cam. Of course the car will always sound better from the outside (have more clarity), but that's the way it is .

There are a miriad of sounds you can hear from the cockpit. It's not just the engine sounds (which indeed is muffled), but seeing that the biggest part of what is between you and the engine is metal, the sound does not get dampened to the point it is now. It sounds like it's put in an air-tight box that's covered in bitumen. I know from experience that as the sounds get louder (ie, you go through the revs while accelerating) the treble also goes up as insulation is less effective at higher volumes. It just doesn't quite do that now.

I think what we want is that the current sounds are kept in a safe place, a new test patch is released with higher frequencies to keep the majority happy, and the current sounds are re-implemented when there's a system in place that creates more of the cockpit sounds (like bodywork flapping, suspension working, all kinds of shafts and stuff spinning, brakes straining, stones hitting, etc).
hmmm, I cant hear any turbo sounds (no air rushing in, no blow off whistle)
and BF1 sounded better before... but greeat job non the less, keep it up
The sound in most cars (outside cameras, tv view) is louder behind the car. This is correct, but some cars (XRR, LX4&6 for example) have the exhausts on the side

EDIT: and any chance of getting brake squeeks? I know it is a bit more than just adding it but please ?
A feature they haven't mentioned is when saving MPR the list of other MPR's is showed.

I do agree the sounds are weird, too similar and BF1 does not sound true

Also, never had this before after loading a MP game (See attached image)
Attached images
U32.JPG
I won't comment on the engine sounds themselves, as enough has been said about them already.

I think that the wind volume is FAR too low now. In a road car, when you are at high speed, the only real noise is wind noise. All other noises are quieter in comparison.

I'll sum this up to make it easier:

- Engine noise is too loud inside the car, in the road cars (and too muffled).
- Wind noise is FAR too quiet, especially in closed roof cars.

- Tyre squeels etc is ok, but only if engine noise is reduced.
- Gear whine is too loud in the road cars.
the ignition sound is cool
I have quite mixed feelings about new sounds. It's a promising step forward, but still there's much to be done.
- Engine sounds are quite similar and this boooooing soind is qiute irritating, especially in the less powerful cars. Even my car (11 year old cranky 80HP tank), when revved, roars quite a lot. LFS cars booo all the time. Reducing bass of your speakers helps a bit.
- Skid sound is way too quiet, even when maxed in options.
- Also i don't expect loud racing gearboxes in FR, TBO and LRF cars. So why they scream like hell then?

Gerbox, FOX and XRR sound are very nice, but BF1 sounds like vacuum cleaner.

I totally agree with Orion - we need roaarararrrrr, not booo I expect more violent sound in the future patches.

Anyway, thumbs up, Scawen
Quote from daNieLbuM :the ignition sound is cool

jeah but ignition sound and ignition are somehow.. "off"
Quote from DaveWS :
- Engine noise is too loud inside the car, in the road cars (and too muffled).
- Wind noise is FAR too quiet, especially in closed roof cars.

- Tyre squeels etc is ok, but only if engine noise is reduced.
- Gear whine is too loud in the road cars.

Isn't this why there are individual sliders for the volume level of these separate items?
Why not just turn up wind noise and skid vol boost, turn down engine vol a little. Simple but effective.
I can't help it, but when i watch a replay with the fzr in it it sounds like a bunch of sience-fiction hover-gliders speeding past.....
I'm looking forward to future patches, because this is definately not the right sound for things with an engine and wheels on it....
There is indeed a very loud midbass with some cars. Even with volume down, so I can hardly hear anything, it's still loud. (This is with no equalisation whatsoever on a very neutral soundsystem.)
Updated from 30 to 32.
Car's steering wheel turns isn't shown in steering settings!
Why?

EDIT: Reistalled U30 and U32 patch fixed problem
Sorry too, but I dont like this test patch, sounds are horroble, some cars lost their tipical sounds, I hope that this will be fixed soon, than, it will be ok
Quote from al heeley :Isn't this why there are individual sliders for the volume level of these separate items?
Why not just turn up wind noise and skid vol boost, turn down engine vol a little. Simple but effective.

Even if you do it it's wayyyyy too low.

You can bring the engine sound to its minimum and skid & wind to it's max (which really isn't much, just .5 on a 2.0 slide bar where 1.5 is the standard option) and still you won't be hearing any wind or skid sounds, even on open wheelers at high speed corners and "drifting" and so on.
sound
I liked some sounds, others I found “sultry”
LOve it awsome fantastic 100 % on old sound thx scawen. one small step 4 man one giant step for lfs.oh yeah still needs a bit of tweakin.but who cares thanks agin
Quote from Meanie :Even if you do it it's wayyyyy too low.

You can bring the engine sound to its minimum and skid & wind to it's max (which really isn't much, just .5 on a 2.0 slide bar where 1.5 is the standard option) and still you won't be hearing any wind or skid sounds, even on open wheelers at high speed corners and "drifting" and so on.

Well, I already said that I had made a note to do this extremely quickly.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=288682#post288682

So there's no need to try and convince me of this. It's been said so many times now, and I've already agreed to do it. In fact I've already done it in my version.

We've got to watch out for repetitiion here - as usual it will slow me down. I'm trying to take this thread seriously, so please people, READ THE THREAD before posting!
Hehe, not sure how this is constructive in any way, but listen to these.

P.S. Scawen, people have been saying that the skid sounds are difficult to hear. I was trying to say that the wind noise should have the dominance in volume in the road cars, and road cars have relatively quiet engines. This has not been stated exactly I don't think.

P.S.2 On a positive note, I really like now how much the sound of the engine changes as you play with the throttle, more so than before it seems.
Attached files
LX6 distorted.mp3 - 835.9 KB - 674 views
FZR distorted.mp3 - 729 KB - 338 views
FO8 distorted.mp3 - 654.7 KB - 335 views
Quote from Mc21 :Maybe a simple raw to wav converter? Please

Quote from Scawen :Dexster might help?

http://www.softdivshareware.com/

Loading the raw files you'll have to try mono and stereo - but all the old LFS raw files are 44100 Hz 16-bit.

I'm using Goldwave which is not free but it's really a great full featured tool
You can also use GX::Transcoder which is a freeware.
Unfortunately the site is not fully accessible at the moment but you can download the app from the Free-Codecs site:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/GX_Transcoder.htm

Back to the topic, I've just made some tests on some U32 servers and I'm a bit disappointed to see that there is still the ability to pit in lap 0
This is a major issue for races with forced pit stop and I really hope that it'll be fixed for patch V
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
Quote from Scawen :Well, I already said that I had made a note to do this extremely quickly.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=288682#post288682

So there's no need to try and convince me of this. It's been said so many times now, and I've already agreed to do it. In fact I've already done it in my version.

We've got to watch out for repetitiion here - as usual it will slow me down. I'm trying to take this thread seriously, so please people, READ THE THREAD before posting!

Sure thing, sorry my man.
I was just replying to Al, why it isn't "so easy" and all to do, you know?
In fact he was the one who didn't read (apparently), maybe i should've just directed him to your earlier post but i thought i should point that yeah, "we" already thought about what he suggested and it didn't work and told him the why. That's all, no offense intended.

I've read your quick notes and in fact i already posted them on our brazilian league forums and all that good stuff.

I'm glad that will be changed.

Keep up the good effort.
Sorry to say I think the engine sounds worse than before, however I love the little details such as the transmission whine in reverse

Quote from Hyperactive :This is correct, but some cars (XRR, LX4&6 for example) have the exhausts on the side

IRL the sound from cars with side exhausts tends to hang in the air after they've driven past so it's not really that unrealistic.
i like the idea of this new sound..

except for the engine sound itself (engine folder .eng files).. because all cars kinda sounds the same.. no real difference..

the engine sound itself needs to be changed.. less muffled.. and every car needs a different kind of engine sound.

but the turbo. shiftsounds etc sounds pretty good tbh ..
Sorry to say, but the new engine sounds are much worser than before (how is that possible). I really wish You could use just sound samples, easier and much better. Anyway Im looking forward for sound tweakimg with next patches.
This thread is closed

OLD test patch thread, up to U35
(851 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG