The online racing simulator
Quote from FreeScirocco :Lots of people with powercards forget to realize that LFS is pretty GPU friendly, in a way that the GPU goes into sleeping mode by clocking itself and its memory down if it detects it has not have to do much. Without monitoring GPU-Z (which has a clock history graph) its impossible to say what is going on. When in fullscreen or windowed/borderless screen and post processing on/off the drivers can decide to be in a different power state and therefore cause the 10x framedrop. Its then your card which is "sleeping" but to be sure about this; monitor GPU-Z.

Yes, I know that. But you do not know my configuration / resolution. Big grin
Anyway, Scawen provided me with the necessary input. Everything is fine now.
Oh OK Smile
I would love to see an interface into the physics engine via InSim. I know this is not going to be something that would be a priority for Scawen, but damn it would be cool as hell! Allowing for something like LFSTweak, without having to reprogram the interface every time there is a new build of the game, would be pretty great for the community as a whole.

Giving us, the InSim devs, a chance to do things like DRS and the deployable part of the MGU-K / MGU-H would be amazing but would also allow for the game engine to know that it's being modified from an outside source allowing for proper checking of this information.
The casual TV viewer has no clue anymore with tire tactics, fuel saving, DRS and MGU-K / MGU-H's ... I was watching three screens this evening (sky F1, onboard VER + team radio and internet info screen) but the general pack is just watching a normal broadcast and saying its " extremely boring" and concluding it is "bad for the sport". Such conclusion is logical because they are unable to grasp what is going on, on the background.

So I do not agree.. Keep it simple, stupid (KISS protocol, ax.25 :love: )
Scawen: When do you intend to release this version? Do you add still any other (editor) features here?
New track to be released by Eric ... or new shadow system...

I may be wrong.
Quote from cargame.nl :The casual TV viewer has no clue anymore with tire tactics, fuel saving, DRS and MGU-K / MGU-H's ... I was watching three screens this evening (sky F1, onboard VER + team radio and internet info screen) but the general pack is just watching a normal broadcast and saying its " extremely boring" and concluding it is "bad for the sport". Such conclusion is logical because they are unable to grasp what is going on, on the background.

I would imagine that there's a fair few, like me, who are perfectly able to grasp it but just don't care. Most (all?) of those things are part of F1's long history of failed attempts to fix the procession problem without upsetting the big teams. It's not racing, IMHO, it's the disguise F1 wears to hide the fact that it contains very little racing.
Quote from Flotch :New track to be released by Eric ... or new shadow system...

I may be wrong.

Now that's quite a speculation!
Though I kind of agree with that speculation Schwitz
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :finally i got a steady picture. im going with no post processing at AAx8 16filtering. however i locked frames to 30 fps. but it stays there pretty steady now that i got that issue thing. now running smooth in full hd.(before i could only run smooth in 720)

OMG With 30 fps is nothing smooth. Never. The graphics are only smooth with VSync. if you run your monitor with 60 hz, u need 60 fps via vsync.
I agree ! FPS lower than the refresh rate is not smooth !
Quote from THE WIZARD DK : but thats exactly what Scawen was talking about innit? and as a lowend machine.

Eehh no. He was communicating with an owner of a GTX980 card which last known price was 950 Euro .. Second hand $350 (source: Amazon).
GeForce prices have grown by crazy margin (servers used for mining bitcoin were using these graph boards), the guy may have bought it new at a lower price that what you mention Big grin
Quote from matze54564 :OMG With 30 fps is nothing smooth. Never. The graphics are only smooth with VSync. if you run your monitor with 60 hz, u need 60 fps via vsync.

In LFS 50Hz/50fps or/and 100Hz/100fps with vsync on is smoothest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd4Rvh5ennc
Quote from Evolution_R :50Hz/50fps or/and 100Hz/100fps

This is maybe true because the physics engine of lfs calculate 100 fps. But your 59,999 fps Video is smooth. I changed my monitor refreshrate from 50 Hz to 60 Hz to watch your video smooth with DVBViewer. Sorry, but i downloading all yt videos to watch it in better quality. Sorry for off topic. But maybe the testing is finished with R21?.
Attached images
Zwischenablage01.png
Quote from matze54564 :But your 59,999 fps Video is smooth.

It is smooth because i converted it to 60 fps, otherwise it wasn't smooth at 60Hz, only at 50Hz...
@Scawen: May I ask in what time span we can expect new official release?

I mean (we) at least me (but I think i'm not alone) allready expecting a bigger update then just a more stable connection Smile

Maybe u want to give us some insight Smile At least I hope for more info Shrug

Did I Say That?
Patience. That's all we can do.
Quote from RC-Maus :@Scawen: May I ask in what time span we can expect new official release?

I mean (we) at least me (but I think i'm not alone) allready expecting a bigger update then just a more stable connection Smile

Maybe u want to give us some insight Smile At least I hope for more info Shrug

Did I Say That?

Good things happen slowly.
slowest update! Frown
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :my screen has 800Hz subfield btw...

if this is a TV with HDMI 60 Hz input bring this 800 Hz nothing. This is for calculating virtual Frames or just the flickering of the LED Backlight.
R8 to R21 test patch in 2 months...

Hey Scawen Wake up! Pls! Lets do release it 0.6S
Quote from GT4_PL :R8 to R21 test patch in 2 months...

Hey Scawen Wake up! Pls! Lets do release it 0.6S

you do not know what is behind this stop in the communication LFS
Quote from Flotch :you do not know what is behind this stop in the communication LFS

I think no one does, except Scawen, Eric and maybe Victor.
Although I will never question any road they take (in fact, I love the whole developement process of LFS), I do wonder what is happening, as the main goal of this patch was to be able to handle attacks in a better way.
So speed was needed and now all communication has been dead for a while.
Well, the attackers have given up for now, maybe if there are more attacks Scawen will just push this patch out how it is before more content but if there are no more attacks then this will just stay as a test until there is.
-
(lucaf) DELETED by lucaf : cleaning my offtopic :/
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG