The online racing simulator
How to remove the patch ? 0.6R12 to 0.6R
Quote from zakaruny :How to remove the patch ? 0.6R12 to 0.6R

restore the original exe
also i'd kind of wish scawen would start using just regular zip files so i would know what files are updated and antiviruses wouldn't alert everytime
You can extract the files from exe installer with 7-Zip or something.
Quote from racer autov8 :zip files so i would know what files are updated and antiviruses wouldn't alert everytime

you can rename the extension exe into 7z and using it in some decompression tools. My suggestion is Beyond Compare.

0.6R don't know how to connect to the new master server. maybe you can't connect with it. This is no solution.

I'd be interested to know why you don't want to use the test patch. Any problem with it? Now's the time to report it so we make sure the final version doesn't have any issues.

But yeah it's very easy to revert you simply use the R exe. Usually it's recommended that you save the exe before using a test patch but I don't seem to have written that this time.

EDIT: Added a note about that in the first post.
Quote from racer autov8 :restore the original exe
also i'd kind of wish scawen would start using just regular zip files so i would know what files are updated and antiviruses wouldn't alert everytime

Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :You can extract the files from exe installer with 7-Zip or something.

I agree and confirm this.
If you install 7-zip you can right click on the self-extractor and select "Open archive".
https://www.7-zip.org/
Quote from Scawen :I agree and confirm this.
If you install 7-zip you can right click on the self-extractor and select "Open archive".

Hi
Scawen , please add arabic and farsi translate in this version , our team can translate this ... you should do our font and utf-8 compatable in your software ....

Thanks alot
Quote from Scawen :I agree and confirm this.

Is this really a solution? Ok, 7z is free, but when using tools like MultiCommander it is just redundant. Multicommander for example can't extract the exe files, but the normal 7zip archive.

maybe you can use another installer in future: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92118
Quote from Scawen :I'd be interested to know why you don't want to use the test patch. Any problem with it? Now's the time to report it so we make sure the final version doesn't have any issues.

But yeah it's very easy to revert you simply use the R exe. Usually it's recommended that you save the exe before using a test patch but I don't seem to have written that this time.

EDIT: Added a note about that in the first post.

My guess is that an insim wasn't updated for the latest version. For example LFSLazy isn't updated so it gives a message that this LFS version is not supported.
Quote from ardalan5090 :Hi
Scawen , please add arabic and farsi translate in this version , our team can translate this ... you should do our font and utf-8 compatable in your software ....

Thanks alot

Hi,

I'd really like to do Arabic at some time. It's just the sort of thing I like to do because I like LFS to be accessible to everyone and I'd be interested in learning how the Arabic alphabet works. But it is much more difficult than you imagine. We are talking weeks of work for me before you guys can start to translate it. Of course languages like Arabic and Hebrew have the difficulty of being right-to-left text (but with occasional left to right Latin text within that) and this means a lot of rewriting of many functions in Live for Speed.

There will be a lot of studying for me to do and a lot of problems to solve. I can't just click my fingers and magically all the code is done.

Now, I hope you will understand, I am in the middle of some extremely important graphical work and need to get the tyre physics finished. This must be done or Live for Speed sales will dry up completely and we will have to go and get another job. There is no doubt at all, this is a higher priority than adding a couple of tricky languages.

Unfortunately I was interrupted by someone taking our servers down two weeks ago, so I had to stop all the work I was doing and make a new patch in this old version of LFS which can resist the attacks. So that attack has slowed my development by maybe three weeks so everything that I will do in future will come a little later than it would have been
i think is a wrong post to show it but

volkswagen buildings have weird shadows

and i have some ideas from car colors ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and, scawen you remember a version from lfs with wheel spacers setable? what hapened with this function?
Attached images
lfs_00000098.jpg
Screenshot_2.png
Quote from MacedoSTI :and i have some ideas from car colors

CTRL + right click to copy a colour
SHIFT + right click to paste a colour

The shadows are all done a very good way in the new version I am working on, but it is totally impossible to update the public version with the new shadows. Eric is working on all the tracks to get them working with the new shadows. It's the thing I am trying to get back to.
lol i really did not know about this, thanks scawen! <3
The test patchs after R9 doesn't work on my PC
It just crashes the game
I'm using windows 7 64 bits
Quote from R0ut66 :The test patchs after R9 doesn't work on my PC
It just crashes the game

When you say "crash", do you mean it crashes when you load the game up? You may have to wait for the textures to be converted. My game crashed the first time I loaded it as I started clicking on it while it was converting textures - Make sure you give it some time to load first.

If it's not that causing the issue then I'm not sure.
Quote from R0ut66 :The test patchs after R9 doesn't work on my PC
It just crashes the game

You are the 4tf person we've heard of that got a crash. It's very important that we understandf this, or else there is a possibility of it happening in the official update. So you may be able to help.

Please can you look at this post:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1936061#post1936061

Can you get the crash logs?

And do you have any VOB mods installed?

My main suspicion at the moment is incorrectly formed 3D models (probably VOB). But it's not based on much.
Quote from Scawen :

And do you have any VOB mods installed?

My main suspicion at the moment is incorrectly formed 3D models (probably VOB). But it's not based on much.

This no only cause oss errors?
I don't know much about VOB mods, but some of them can have the correct physics mesh so they can be used online without harming any other players. From the crash address I was given, it looks like the crash was when reading an object, so that's why I'm asking if any of the people who got a crash, were using a modified VOB. But no-one has answered yet so I'm still worried about the possibility it could a be a problem in some standard installations.

Either way, I'd better add a thorough validity check when loading an object because a crash is not acceptable in any case. But it would be reassuring to know that it was caused by a modified VOB, otherwise there's a more serious bug here.
working perfectly on my own : win10, no vob mod ...
Hi, i just tried to launch LFS but for some reason it started up as if i reinstalled it, which i didn't. Now though i can't load up the driver i normally use, it keeps saying: could not load file. Is there any way to fix this, or to remove the driver from the roster so that i can create a new one with the same name and outfit i used before?

I couldn't find anyone with the same problem on the forums, and i'm not sure if it has to do with the patch, but i figured it might so i'm posting this here.

I can't remove the driver in-game as it won't select the driver, and i can't create a new one with the same name since it says: driver already exists. I added a screenshot to show the error message as well, just in case.
Attached images
Live For Speed Screenshot 2018.04.16 - 21.46.50.81.png
Try to add deb.log for reports like this, maybe this helps in analyzing.
I looked into the log file, but couldn't find anything to do with selecting my driver. Here it is anyway if it's of any help, maybe i missed something.
Attached files
log.txt - 1.6 KB - 239 views
There may be something funky with filesystem permissions preventing LFS from reading/writing some things properly.

The driver names are just .ply files in LFS/data/misc - you can try checking permissions on the offending file or, failing that, rename it.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG