The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Quote from Kristi :I meant, turn the VSync on with 60hz and limit FPS to 55.

That's what I have and it's fine.

0.7.0 is terrific, the Karrussell seems quite bumpy now, doesn't feel quite right in the 312T, but that's three seconds out of 7 min so I'll forgive that.
well i fixed my laggy shitty nord,by putting shadow to very low,and cube map to low vsync on and frame limit to 54. i dont see any difference in graphics,but now i can complete lap !
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes, wheel is on.. I don't know man, i could be imagining things.

No you are not imagining, when the virtual wheel is on you can clearly see the lag, but I you drove with the wheel off your will not see it and you will not notice it
Quote from e2mustang :well i fixed my laggy shitty nord,by putting shadow to very low,and cube map to low vsync on and frame limit to 54. i dont see any difference in graphics,but now i can complete lap !

0.6.2 or 0.7.0?

my settings was >

0.6.2 - sweetFX off (gains ~20fps ) 8x af, 2x aa, shadows very low, hdr on, world detail very high, cubes low, faces 1 - and still stutters at some places

0.7.0 - sweetFX on, 16x af, 2x aa, shadows low, hdr on, world detail ultra, cubes low, feces 2 - and zero stutters, I can even play with medium shadows, but I want some fps headroom for MP
Quote from Kristi :I meant, turn the VSync on with 60hz and limit FPS to 55.

this sounds like really really crazy... really?
That virtual wheel thing, does it lag behind only with vsync or generally?
Quote from kars19 :0.6.2 or 0.7.0?

my settings was >

0.6.2 - sweetFX off (gains ~20fps ) 8x af, 2x aa, shadows very low, hdr on, world detail very high, cubes low, faces 1 - and still stutters at some places

0.7.0 - sweetFX on, 16x af, 2x aa, shadows low, hdr on, world detail ultra, cubes low, feces 2 - and zero stutters, I can even play with medium shadows, but I want some fps headroom for MP

didnt bother in the other versions than 7.0
Absolutely mental this car, wonder if it's really this wierd to drive irl.. doesn't give much feedback, bounces all over the place, still a massive trill on the ring.. dat whine!

Huayra at the Ring
OK playing Dumb here
Can I ask...what is this big thing about the Ring....I am just asking as you are all so excited about it..I just don't get it.

To me....its a track that is over 6mins per lap, with humps and bumps in random places and "don't look at the tree's" I have seen that you cannot have "door to door" racing on it and there must be an update every 2-3days.

Like I said, playing dumb here, but what is all the fuss about

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :Absolutely mental this car, wonder if it's really this wierd to drive irl.. doesn't give much feedback, bounces all over the place, still a massive trill on the ring.. dat whine!

Huayra at the Ring

O' Boris you did this lap with the default tires , next time try this car with the semis, much more enjoyable car will be more softer and less bouncy and laptime will be more realistic, somewhere in Zonda F and Koenigsegg CCX region
List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times
Fordie,

It's the ring, legend of legends. If you don't get this, you should go there for any VLN or any other event at least once in your life and you'll get it.
Quote from kars19 :O' Boris you did this lap with the default tires , next time try this car with the semis, much more enjoyable car will be more softer and less bouncy and laptime will be more realistic

You're kidding me And there was me thinking those are the best cause they're default and all.. :/
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're kidding me And there was me thinking those are the best cause they're default and all.. :/

When that car came out semis where the default tire, but bunch of people cried in forums that they can't handle the beast, so KS changed the default tire to TG cut slicks, so people don't kill the selves trying Huayra for the first time.
Quote from kars19 :When that car came out semis where the default tire, but bunch of people cried in forums that they can't handle the beast, so KS changed the default tire to TG cut slicks, so people don't kill the selves trying Huayra for the first time.

Blah.. cheers, will drive with the semis next time

Btw, why don't the flaps move on the Huayra anymore?

@ nick

Oh yes.. wish it has all those whistles.
Cheers for all your replies and videos chaps...but I still don't get all the hype.....

Now if you say, Le Mans, Brathurst, Thruxton, Oulton Park, then I would be pissing my pants, but the Ring..just doesn't float my boat

Sorry Chaps, I don't see it as you do. this are so many more "enjoyable" driving/racing circuits out there that do everything and test everything for a driver in half the time LOL

Fordie
Fordie, don't make me go and find an apropriate facepalm gif..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Fordie, don't make me go and find an apropriate facepalm gif..

I love to challange people PMSL

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Cheers for all your replies and videos chaps...but I still don't get all the hype.....

Now if you say, Le Mans, Brathurst, Thruxton, Oulton Park, then I would be pissing my pants, but the Ring..just doesn't float my boat

Sorry Chaps, I don't see it as you do. this are so many more "enjoyable" driving/racing circuits out there that do everything and test everything for a driver in half the time LOL

Fordie

I don't get how you understand Le Mans but not the Ring? IMO it's the ultimate track to test a driver's ability, if you want to put it that way...
OK ok...I bow down to all you hardcore drivers...but you had to limit frame rates, turn on Vsync etc etc, make so many graphical changes for one track....do I seriously need to do this? .....or can I take the plunge and give it a bash....god help me

Fordie

PS - anybody have a direct link instead of me going through the whole thread? - FOUND IT
The time i thought that Gran Turismo has the most realistic graphics...

Quote from Fordman :OK ok...I bow down to all you hardcore drivers...but you had to limit frame rates, turn on Vsync etc etc, make so many graphical changes for one track....do I seriously need to do this? .....or can I take the plunge and give it a bash....god help me

Fordie

PS - anybody have a direct link instead of me going through the whole thread? - FOUND IT

I just removed mirrors and was fine

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG