The online racing simulator
Fordie,

It's the ring, legend of legends. If you don't get this, you should go there for any VLN or any other event at least once in your life and you'll get it.
Quote from kars19 :O' Boris you did this lap with the default tires , next time try this car with the semis, much more enjoyable car will be more softer and less bouncy and laptime will be more realistic

You're kidding me And there was me thinking those are the best cause they're default and all.. :/
Quote from Boris Lozac :You're kidding me And there was me thinking those are the best cause they're default and all.. :/

When that car came out semis where the default tire, but bunch of people cried in forums that they can't handle the beast, so KS changed the default tire to TG cut slicks, so people don't kill the selves trying Huayra for the first time.
Quote from kars19 :When that car came out semis where the default tire, but bunch of people cried in forums that they can't handle the beast, so KS changed the default tire to TG cut slicks, so people don't kill the selves trying Huayra for the first time.

Blah.. cheers, will drive with the semis next time

Btw, why don't the flaps move on the Huayra anymore?

@ nick

Oh yes.. wish it has all those whistles.
Cheers for all your replies and videos chaps...but I still don't get all the hype.....

Now if you say, Le Mans, Brathurst, Thruxton, Oulton Park, then I would be pissing my pants, but the Ring..just doesn't float my boat

Sorry Chaps, I don't see it as you do. this are so many more "enjoyable" driving/racing circuits out there that do everything and test everything for a driver in half the time LOL

Fordie
Fordie, don't make me go and find an apropriate facepalm gif..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Fordie, don't make me go and find an apropriate facepalm gif..

I love to challange people PMSL

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Cheers for all your replies and videos chaps...but I still don't get all the hype.....

Now if you say, Le Mans, Brathurst, Thruxton, Oulton Park, then I would be pissing my pants, but the Ring..just doesn't float my boat

Sorry Chaps, I don't see it as you do. this are so many more "enjoyable" driving/racing circuits out there that do everything and test everything for a driver in half the time LOL

Fordie

I don't get how you understand Le Mans but not the Ring? IMO it's the ultimate track to test a driver's ability, if you want to put it that way...
OK ok...I bow down to all you hardcore drivers...but you had to limit frame rates, turn on Vsync etc etc, make so many graphical changes for one track....do I seriously need to do this? .....or can I take the plunge and give it a bash....god help me

Fordie

PS - anybody have a direct link instead of me going through the whole thread? - FOUND IT
The time i thought that Gran Turismo has the most realistic graphics...

Quote from Fordman :OK ok...I bow down to all you hardcore drivers...but you had to limit frame rates, turn on Vsync etc etc, make so many graphical changes for one track....do I seriously need to do this? .....or can I take the plunge and give it a bash....god help me

Fordie

PS - anybody have a direct link instead of me going through the whole thread? - FOUND IT

I just removed mirrors and was fine
Jesus Fordman, fix your graphics settings and learn the track . I love Oulton too, and the Nordschleife is exactly the same style, just a lot longer.

This mod version is getting to a high standard now, impressive how solid it looks. Still some fishy surface areas but generally really good.
Quote from Fordman :

Its narrower, hence more exciting providing adrenaline. Then add that out of a 155*? Corners barely few are second gear and youre really starting to raise. So its narrow which makes it seem fast and its and its really fast in some parts too. Now if this isn't enough its tight with curbs guarding it all around and even there seem to be some straights they're curved too. It keeps you going so hard its becoming a thrilling experience this ride. It even enhances it with cambered corners at places or tries to kill you with road falling away from you. And then you regularly get blind, of course corners and can't even see where you're going. You've got to keep your eyes open baby, no fooling around. It keeps you on the edge where a racer belongs and then it throws you a bone (2nd gear corner) giving you some hope after a while to remain on earth, but no it quickly changes its mind and you're hanging for you're dear life yet again. Not only that its incredibly vast it has unique corners such as miss hit miss or wippermans or really anything after the kurrassell to the straight and I can clearly see parts of lfss very own Aston middle sector inspired from there.
Bottom line is it offers so much that even this little can't be found out in a day or two. It dares you to seek more and you know you want more, you always do.
Some people are okay with medium difficulty, while others seek to challenge themselves with the highest difficulty possible.
Modern Le Mans is one boring ass track in my opinion. The high speed first section before the straightaway is quite alright, but after that it's mainly just dull chicanes and 90 degree turns.
The challenge of modern Le Mans comes from the event, not from the circuit itself (IMO).
The Nordschleife is also pretty unique because of it's inclines and declines, and the big variety of different road surfaces / types of asphalt. I think, hope, that the laser scanned version differs a lot from this homemade tryout. Although it's quite smooth now it starts too feel like arcade instead of a challenge. Would be fun if the Steilstrecke also gets unlocked.. Its drawn on the minimap.
Niki, it's completely up to personal preference. I rather much prefer tracks that are <1 minute, hence why I compete in the RUF Cup in iRacing, because that's where I get short, tight but technical tracks. Not that they are easy, they are just a place for extremely close racing and possible overtakes. It's really up to the preference, and as I prefer those shorties, I will never praise Nords in any way. It's cool and stuff, once in a while. Not something I'd drive all day.
Quote from PMD9409 :The challenge of modern Le Mans comes from the event, not from the circuit itself (IMO).

Pretty much, you can have an awesome race at the ring with just a handful of cars or even 1 on 1 which is easy to organize with friends, but LM requires nearly 100 cars of different classes to be anything but a doze fest.
Nordschleife is just so fun to drive. I drove it first in gpl 16 years ago and it was fun then and still is.

Le mans is just big flat meh.
Quote from Hyperactive :Nordschleife is just so fun to drive. I drove it first in gpl 16 years ago and it was fun then and still is.

It's a good placeholder until the full IOM TT Course is finished in GPL (still being worked on - last update was April) and then converted.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG