The online racing simulator
Certainly is right now, with Saubers getting podiums and the outright fastest car (Mercedes) often finishing outside the top 10.
Nice, Sauber milking Abramovich! After the disaster with BMW Peter can now finally go to his well deserved retirement.
#506 - CSF
Meh, the "respect" is probably too much now. Considering he was talking on the 30th anniversary of someone, who should maybe... not too sure myself, have been champion, getting so wound up about someone else, he drove waaay over the edge he ended up dying in a horrible death... it might not have been the best time to re-engage what Rosberg did to you... though I'm not sure it would have been Gilles' style to not let his team-mate out of the pits......
If you weren't a fat american it would be allright
How Kimi doing this season?
When asked if Maldonado was only at Williams in the first place because of money, Williams said: "Yeah, he was to some extent. I'm not denying that. But if we thought he'd been a wanker, he wouldn't have got in the team no matter how much money he had.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99626

Quote from Hyperactive :When asked if Maldonado was only at Williams in the first place because of money, Williams said: "Yeah, he was to some extent. I'm not denying that. But if we thought he'd been a wanker, he wouldn't have got in the team no matter how much money he had.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99626

From what I've seen from him in GP2, Maldonado comes as a guy who can control a race when he's around the front. But when he's in a deep pack and has to make his way through the field, he has brainfades. Hence why reversed grid races often went wrong for him.

Maybe the F1 week-end format fits him better.
-
(samjh) DELETED by samjh

I've been watching this and it appears that there are 2 Ferrari mechanics giving the car a hug in the middle of the pit stop. They both put one hand on the engine cowling and one in the air hole and the other put his hand in the right side pod. They don't seem to move their hands while they are there so what the hell are they doing?
schumacher just isn't fast enough anymore. only drivers behind him in championships standing, are from HRT, Catherham and marrusia. schumacher has 2 points and rosberg on the other hand 41. -_- he should retire
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :schumacher just isn't fast enough anymore. only drivers behind him in championships standing, are from HRT, Catherham and marrusia. schumacher has 2 points and rosberg on the other hand 41. -_- he should retire

Even though had he finished most of the races this year, he'd have alot more points?

You make it seem as if he's just been driving slow at the back all season, which isnt the case.
Quote from yegadoyai :

I've been watching this and it appears that there are 2 Ferrari mechanics giving the car a hug in the middle of the pit stop. They both put one hand on the engine cowling and one in the air hole and the other put his hand in the right side pod. They don't seem to move their hands while they are there so what the hell are they doing?

I don't know, but you should ask ScarbsF1 on Twitter!

I reckon they are multi-role people that are part of the procedure at all times just in case (better to have EVERYONE there all the time, rather than adding people some of the time). They will probably clear out sidepods, change steering wheels, inspect for damage, plug in laptops, tape down bodywork etc etc as required. They will almost certainly know what, if anything, they have to do before the car arrives thanks to radio, and maybe on this occasion they had nothing to do, but went through a standard 'visual check' procedure.

Just thinking out loud really.
Good call, done. Cheers
Maybe they are just holding the car so it does not roll to side when it is on the jacks? If the jacks are a bit unsteady or if the jack pickup points really low on the car the car may want to roll on its side in case one of the tires got stuck or something (they were adjusting the wrong wing at that pitstop which can cause the car to roll on its side if the front wing men do push the tips of the front wing down unevenly).

To me it looks like they are just holding the car at that moment.
They are holding the car incase it tips over to the side.

Edit: Blind.
or maybe theyre there to watch the front 2 tyres being changed and give the ok signal for the driver to go... which presumably would mean theres 2 other guys that arent in the picture doing the same at the back
They probably felt there and there was nothing so there wasn't much they could do, its clear they are there to clear the intakes of any obstructions so im sure there wasn't much to be done if there was no heating problems.
The car is wobbly on the jacks, they hold it still, simple.
Quote from (-Mark-) :
You make it seem as if he's just been driving slow at the back all season, which isnt the case.

Well, it kinda is. Other than the potential points he's had from two mechanical retirements he's been poor. We all knew Nico would get Mercs first win, it just seems that the only person that didn't was Schumacher.

He's screwed his whole legacy, now all people will remember him for when he DOES retire is that he kept colliding with back-markers whilst fighting for 13th place. When Häkkinen retired in 2001 he retired at the top of his game, that's why most regard Häkkinen as a better driver.
Quote from blueflame :well, it kinda is. Other than the potential points he's had from two mechanical retirements he's been poor. We all knew nico would get mercs first win, it just seems that the only person that didn't was schumacher.

He's screwed his whole legacy, now all people will remember him for when he does retire is that he kept colliding with back-markers whilst fighting for 13th place. When häkkinen retired in 2001 he retired at the top of his game, that's why most regard häkkinen as a better driver.

+1

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG