The online racing simulator
Formula One Season 2012
Formula 1 2012 Season

Ok guys, well it's coming near to the new year and of course christmas i'm going to annouce the first few races of the 2012 Season of Formula 1 for next year.

Any News and Important Updates to do with Formula 1 will all be posted here. Thank you!

By the way Below is the OFFICAL callender for next years formula 1.

CONFIRMED CALENDER FOR NEXT YEARS FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX

2012 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar
01 2012 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 16 - 18 Mar 02 2012
FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 23 - 25 Mar 03 2012
FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 13 - 15 Apr 04 2012
FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 20 - 22 Apr 05
FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA SANTANDER 2012 (Catalunya) 11 - 13 May 06
FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2012 (Monte Carlo) 24 - 27 May 07
FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2012 (Montréal) 08 - 10 Jun 08 2012
FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 22 - 24 Jun 09 2012
FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 06 - 08 Jul 10
FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2012 (Hockenheim) 20 - 22 Jul 11
FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2012 (Budapest) 27 - 29 Jul 12 2012
FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 31 Aug - 02 Sep 13
FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2012 (Monza) 07 - 09 Sep 14 2012
FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 21 - 23 Sep 15 2012
FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 05 - 07 Oct 16 2012
FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 12 - 14 Oct 17 2012
FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi) 26 - 28 Oct 18 2012
FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 02 - 04 Nov 19 2012
FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX (Austin) 16 - 18 Nov 20
FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2012 (São Paulo) 23 - 25 Nov
Just my 2 cents but I look at this list and the only two races I don't like are in Spain.
Austin is confirmed?

and looks like Bahrain is back.
Yay, Spa Franchorchamps again instead of Magny-Cours. Hopefully it will stay like that for another year.
Quote from Stiggie :Yay, Spa Franchorchamps again instead of Magny-Cours. Hopefully it will stay like that for another year.

its Paul Ricard not Magny Cours, which in case makes Magny Cours look like spa in Comparison.
I don't understand how that could happen. Why would you ever think of replacing Spa with any track, yet alone Magny Cours. This should never of been a question in my opinion.
it's because spa are trying to reduce it to once every two years as they claim to loose money on the race
2012 team and driver line-ups - the story so far 09 Dec 2011

The 2012 grid will feature no less than six Formula One world champions, at least two rookies, and plenty of exciting talent in between. Below are details of which teams have confirmed who for next season, when Renault become Lotus, Lotus become Caterham, and Virgin become Marussia.

Red Bull Racing Renault
1 Sebastian Vettel (DEU)
2 Mark Webber (AUS)

McLaren Mercedes
3 Jenson Button (GBR)
4 Lewis Hamilton (GBR)

Ferrari
5 Fernando Alonso (ESP)
6 Felipe Massa (BRA)

Mercedes
7 Michael Schumacher (DEU)
8 Nico Rosberg (DEU)

Lotus Renault
9 Kimi Raikkonen (FIN)
10 Romain Grosjean (FRA)

Force India Mercedes
11 Paul di Resta (GBR)
12 Nico Hulkenberg (DEU)

Sauber Ferrari
14 Kamui Kobayashi (JPN)
15 Sergio Perez Mendoza (MEX)

STR Ferrari
16 Daniel Ricciardo (AUS)
17 Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA)

Williams Renault
18 Pastor Maldonado (VEN)
19 TBA

Caterham Renault
20 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)
21 Jarno Trulli (ITA)

HRT/TBA
22 Pedro de la Rosa (ESP)
23 TBA

Marussia Cosworth
24 Timo Glock (DEU)
25 Charles Pic (FRA)
Welcome to the New Year!

As we welcome in the new year with open hands the Formula One Season for 2012 comes in to peoples minds! Everything is confirmed the new channels are going to be up and running and the racers are pumped and ready! Bring it ON!
even more impressive than having 6 world champions on the grid for the first race is that between them they've won the last 12 championships and 14 in total, even allowing for schumacher distorting the figures it's an incredible amount of titles held by the drivers in a single field
Found this on Crash:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/1 ... 1/ten_top_murrayisms.html

Why isn't he Sir Murray Walker?

My own favourite from Jerez in, I think, 1985. Mansell was leading from Senna in the JPS Lotus with Prost stalking in the McLaren and Murray demonstrated his perfect timing:

"I suspect that Nigel Mansell will be grimly enjoying this, because this time he's leading; he has the whip hand... AND SENNA IS THROUGH! SENNA IS THROUGH! AND PROST IS THROUGH! In the blink of eye, Mansell's gone from first to third, Senna leads and can Prost catch him?"
Shit

That's pretty unlucky. I hope F1 isn't slipping away from him.
Only luck is that it is his right leg if I understood correctly. There is lots of time to get ready for 2013.

I really really do hope he can get back into F1 and show how good he is but the future looks very unpredictable.
I'm more afraid that if Kubica returns, he won't be as quick as he was before the crash. And breaking his leg again won't do what might be left of his pace any good, I'm afraid
Quote :Despite effectively being dropped by Lotus, Kubica hadn't given up hope of returning to the grid in 2012 with reports suggesting he could replace Felipe Massa if the Brazilian fails to find his form this term.

When you think of it, it would be kind of ironic... The guy who had that long recovery, replaced by someone who's had an even bigger recovery.

The most cynical amongst us might be tempted to think, that Ferrari is giving wacky team-mates to Alonso, in order to make sure that the Spaniard does stay the n°1 driver at Maranello

Seriously though, this will be a tough task if he pulls it off. Especially considering the testing ban rules still in place. Although I can imagine that a few teams could be interrested in giving him a test on an older car.

Also, he will have to learn a few new things... DRS, new Pirelli tyres, etc. But that's quite secondary I suppose.

Now this is quite a gamble to take for most top team-managers. Who knows how soon/if he will be back to pace once he gets back.

2 years off due to an injury is quite an unprecedented thing in modern F1 I belive.
Well Alonso still rates him as his biggest rival, even with a broken leg and his hand stapled on to his arm.
Honestly I think that's just bulls**t. Fernando is only saying that because Kubica can't race. I think Fernando see Lewis as his biggest rival.
i will be amazed if kubica ever manages a successful F1 comeback without a major change in the regulations, you only had to watch button last year in the race where he repeatedly tried to reset his KERS to realise that without full mobility in his hand kubica will always be at a large disadvantage whilst there are so many driver adjustable variables on the wheel.
#22 - robt
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Honestly I think that's just bulls**t. Fernando is only saying that because Kubica can't race. I think Fernando see Lewis as his biggest rival.

He's said it on more than one occasion over the last few years. I seem to recall him even once saying that Kubica was the best driver in the world, even including himself. Lewis has also said numerous times that Kubica is the driver he fears the most.
Kubicas perfromance in 2010 no matter which way you put it was a real david vs golith season, the fact he managed to hussle with the top guys on occasion while petrov couldn't score a point highlights it.
Quote from Mustafur :Kubicas perfromance in 2010 no matter which way you put it was a real david vs golith season, the fact he managed to hussle with the top guys on occasion while petrov couldn't score a point highlights it.

Don't forget 2008. I mean... He -almost- gave a damn DWC title to Peter Sauber's team. Kept it cool while Massa and Hamilton both were on the verge of blowing it all due to their unconsistance, despite being in much superior cars.

IMO the most impressive "underdog" championship campaign since Frentzen in 1999.

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG