The online racing simulator
Yes

But by saying that killing solves nothing, those two dying solved issues.
Quote from spankmeyer :It's justified to overthrow violent oppressors.

Killing rarely leads to anything positive in the long run.

Overthrowing oppressors doesn't happen unless people get killed.
Quote from deggis :Are they? For example last year the big Pearl Roundabout demonstrations were peaceful until the moment government fake police forces responded with violence. With few exceptions this pattern has probably continued since. I guess you're also going to claim that they are just not going to drag protesters into jails (and several of them torturing to death).

I'm under no illusions, it's a bad situation, I just find it typical human overreaction because of once instance that every single act of violence or conflict is an exact replica situation of what's happened previously. I'm not advocating anything, but lets be honest, since when has the NEWS in general been reliable information for riotting information etc? The riotters say they've been attacked by police, and police say the civil unrest is out of control. It happens everywhere.

Just like Libiya, the most injured (physically) people were Gadaffi supporters. There was a video circulating of a rebel cooking this guys heart after he bludgened his head and eating it with some lettuce (no, I'm not making this up). So excuse me if I'm a little weary of putting my foot in it for supporting the upheaval in Bahrain.
#404 - col
Quote from BlueFlame :...I'm under no illusions, it's a bad situation, I just find it typical human overreaction because of once instance that every single act of violence or conflict is an exact replica situation of what's happened previously...
[snip]
Just like Libiya.. blah blah..

lol, so other people are not allowed to compare to similar historic situations to support their argument, but you are...

Quote :
since when has the NEWS in general been reliable information for riotting information etc? The riotters say they've been attacked by police, and police say the civil unrest is out of control. It happens everywhere.

If I'm understanding this, you think that the news media is not a valid source of information to base an argument on. So, by your reasoning, if you haven't been to Bahrain to see for yourself, your whole point of view on this subject would be completely worthless?
Quote from col :#1 lol, so other people are not allowed to compare to similar historic situations to support their argument, but you are...

#2 = If I'm understanding this, you think that the news media is not a valid source of information to base an argument on. So, by your reasoning, if you haven't been to Bahrain to see for yourself, your whole point of view on this subject would be completely worthless?

#1 = Well, I stood firm, and then saw sense that it's a bit more serious than just riotting and lightbruising.

#2 = Yes you would be correct. My point of view is invalid, because I haven't seen any of this first hand. If you're lead to believe the news day in day out, you wouldn't go outside much and the only time you left home would be because you'd be visiting your doctor for a prostate exam every day.
Guess we can expect safetycars for more various reasons, than usual.
Great opportunity for merc to advertise their armored cars as safety cars...
Quote from N I K I :In other news Susie Stodartt, now Wolff becomes Williams F1 development driver. What does that mean for Bottas?

Nothing, I belive.

Granted, Susie is one of the main shareholder's wife. If he pushed for having her as a "development driver"(whatever that means), you could argue that he could later push for her having a larger role. But at the end of the day Friday track time is very important, and giving the role to unexperienced driver would be quite a dumb move. After all, Wolff husband is a racer, and no matter how highly he might judge his wife, he probably understand that.

I'd be highly surprised if Susie does more than sim work/straightline test/a few laps in the odd private test.

Don't you need a superlicense to drive on GP week-ends anyway? Can't see Susie meeting the requirements.

Quote from GianniC :The first upcoming GP is in China, also there a lot of tear gas is being thrown around and riot police marches weekly into villages. I see no "should we cancel the Chineze GP?" questions asked here...

True.

Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Montoya's racing?

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Don't you need a superlicense to drive on GP week-ends anyway? Can't see Susie meeting the requirements.

You only need a superlicense to drive in F1. An International B license will enable you to drive in GP3/ GP2 / Porsche / other support races. International B is the same license spec. as WTCC. However, one cannot simply apply and pay for a superlicense like another license, you are invited to have one - so I guess if you are involved in Formula 1 enough you can get one.
They'll put her in a car on a Friday if they believe it brings in enough publicity. That's showbusiness
The power of a vagina.
Quote from vipex123 :You only need a superlicense to drive in F1. An International B license will enable you to drive in GP3/ GP2 / Porsche / other support races. International B is the same license spec. as WTCC. However, one cannot simply apply and pay for a superlicense like another license, you are invited to have one - so I guess if you are involved in Formula 1 enough you can get one.

Yes, but do you need a Superlicense to drive in F1 Friday practice?

There are no more stone-set requirements to request a Superlicense? Weird, I'm pretty sure there used to be in the past, at least.

Quote from Mustafur :The power of a vagina.

I don't know really, in a way it's not very different from giving a family member a drive for free. A bit like Marco Andretti drives for Andretti Autosport in IndyCar, or Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan drive for their dad's team in the BTCC(which has turned into expensive club racing recently, granted).
I click on the thread and the first thing I see is Mustafur's post at the top of the page... I thought it had something to do with a new sponsor lol

On subject, If Stodartt has the talent, there should be no problem using her for publicity. F1 has developed to be much like NASCAR in that the racing is no longer about the technical aspect of the sport. Their new priority is entertainment, and has been for years. Not like hill climbs or other obscure motorsports that don't see the lime light.
Quote from vipex123 :You only need a superlicense to drive in F1. An International B license will enable you to drive in GP3/ GP2 / Porsche / other support races. International B is the same license spec. as WTCC. However, one cannot simply apply and pay for a superlicense like another license, you are invited to have one - so I guess if you are involved in Formula 1 enough you can get one.

GP2 requires an Int. A licence, and actually you can apply and pay for a super licence, just that you have to go to the FIA through your ASN and satisfy the requirements in Appendix L. To get a super licence she'll probably have to satisfy 5.1.2 f. and do some testing for a team - she's basically a midpack FRenault driver who hasn't moved forward in DTM so I'm not sure what the point would be apart from the publicity.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yes, but do you need a Superlicense to drive in F1 Friday practice?

There are no more stone-set requirements to request a Superlicense? Weird, I'm pretty sure there used to be in the past, at least.

See above for requirements, and a super licence is required to drive on race weekends as either a driver or as a replacement driver for a practice session. http://www.formula1.com/inside ... regulations/8694/fia.html
Quote from boothy :To get a super licence she'll probably have to satisfy 5.1.2 f. and do some testing for a team - she's basically a midpack FRenault driver who hasn't moved forward in DTM so I'm not sure what the point would be apart from the publicity.

This, plus satisfy one of the main shareholders, who happens to be her husband.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yes, but do you need a Superlicense to drive in F1 Friday practice?

No, you don't need a superlicense for testing or practice, per se. It's only for racing, and therefore by extension, also for qualifying and being signed on as an official reserve driver.

And yes, there are set requirements to request a superlicense, but the FIA has some limited discretion on the matter. From my hazy recollection, only one recent driver has received their superlicense using the discretionary provision, and that driver was Kimi Raikkonen in 2001.
Quote from samjh :No, you don't need a superlicense for testing or practice, per se. It's only for racing, and therefore by extension, also for qualifying and being signed on as an official reserve driver.

And yes, there are set requirements to request a superlicense, but the FIA has some limited discretion on the matter. From my hazy recollection, only one recent driver has received their superlicense using the discretionary provision, and that driver was Kimi Raikkonen in 2001.

IIRC, Josef Kral, who drove last season for HRT in Brasil friday practice, had to obtain superlicense, or at least czech motorsport servers stated so.

About Bahrain, there's no need to be afraid anymore.
Sebastian isn't something utopic, supernatural... He is just a good driver as everyone else in f-1 grid... Of course he is a little bit better than a part of racers, but NOT the best... We could hardly find out who is the best, 'cos everyone is driving different formulas: all of them are differend judging by the performance. Helmut just turn on red light for the people who speculates Sebastian's pace and capabilities. There is no base to investigate as far we already know that his increadible pace was based on increadible car he had last year.
They're obviously not Ferrari enough to have rule set done to their liking.

Hilarious stuff.
I'm pretty sure every driver "needs a car in which certain conditions are met".

I think he's being reasonable in that article. Clearly he feels that the rule changes were targeted at their stronger points, and it's possible someone from RBR told him so. He says it's no excuse too, so what's the problem.
Quote from sinbad :I'm pretty sure every driver "needs a car in which certain conditions are met".

I think he's being reasonable in that article. Clearly he feels that the rule changes were targeted at their stronger points, and it's possible someone from RBR told him so. He says it's no excuse too, so what's the problem.

I think some of the hysteria (not so much here, but in other places) surrounds the fact many were saying Vettel was some sort of god, and shock horror, give him an ordinary car and suddenly he's just like everyone else. Its not so much against Vettel as it is against the people that said Vettel was godlike... and I mean in the media.

it's very hard to gauge F1 nowadays anyway. Full of publicity stunts and pay drivers. Who knows who's good, who isn't. At 200k a year for KF3 and then up to 2m to GP2 it's a money game from start to finish

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG