The online racing simulator
Last 6 laps were pretty awesome. It seems alonso's tires went off just when he was finally about to catch kimi. Very bad luck for hamilton though
7 people DNF and 5 drivers left are in pathetically slow cars - but hats off to Vettel he drove a car setup to overtake and overtook people. Kimi had me in fits most of race with his engineer banter.

One more comment on the Vettel situation, if a car is DSQ from qualifying how is it fair to then let the team change most of the car (downforce levels, gear ratios, tyre compound) before the race? It's not a penalty if you allow the team to do that. But anyway, the Vettel vs Button fight was great to watch - no doubt the boy can drive, and again Alonso did great.

Don't really know what was up with Webber today, seemed to turn GROS style on after lap 2 but anyway. 10 points, 2 races - Finger is gonna win I bet.

EDIT: Fully respect Hamiltons decision to leave McLaren, too many mistakes for such a professional team - would love to see a statistic of how many points cock-ups have cost Lewis.
Quote from Kid222 :It's really great, when you expect most boring race of the year and you get this! Just shame about Vettel.

We should have Vettel start from the back more often.
Awesome Kimi!!! :lovies3d:
Quote from vipex123 :7 people DNF and 5 drivers left are in pathetically slow cars

Only three of the DNFs happened to cars in front of him: Hulkenberg, Rosberg, and Hamilton.

Of the faster cars, he still had to pass Grosjean, Senna, Schumacher, and of course, Button. (Not including the STRs.)

Quote :One more comment on the Vettel situation, if a car is DSQ from qualifying how is it fair to then let the team change most of the car (downforce levels, gear ratios, tyre compound) before the race? It's not a penalty if you allow the team to do that.

Of course it's still a penalty.

Teams can either start at the back of the grid, or from pit lane, which puts you back much further behind the field when you join the race track. It's a big disincentive, and to use it to change anything is a gamble. Red Bull took it, and it paid off. But they were still penalised.
I believe this makes up for all the Finnish who currently recover from hangover.. It has been an amazing race, I haven't been this excited in a long time and man it was close but the victory went to the right and only man, Iceman! Well done!
Adrenaline, adrenaline everywhere
Quote from IsaacPrice :Its not about what he did its how he got there. He had very good luck, he got away with his mistakes.

Yes, racing into points positions before any safety car interventions TWICE in one race, it's all down to luck, no skill involved whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Also, I only saw one mistake, and I remember he was last at the first restart, I really don't consider that getting away...

Nobody tries to deny skill from Prost, Mansell or Schuhmacher just because they happened to win in dominant cars... Hell, even Senna most of the time had a car that was superior to all others in the field... This bashing Vettel is quite baffling and frankly makes you lot sound desperate...
wtg Kimi!

No idea how Perez gets penalized for that incident. What room was he supposed to leave? He was fully alongside and up on the curb. Oh well, nice result for Kobayashi anyway.
Fully alongside (to the FI) means that he has to leave a car's width of space. He drove all the way to the left apex instead, forcing a car off. Subsequent contact was silly, because he went completely off the track and tried to gain a position by doing so.
I'd really like to see a helicopter view. To me it looked like he had to take such a shallow angle to the first apex that he had no chance of leaving much at the second. Di Resta chose to cut the corner rather than conceding the spot, and Perez ran wide to give him room on the exit. He certainly didn't gain anything from running wide... in fact he lost a spot.
They were alongside, DR was on the inside for the left hander. Why should he concede anything?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :They were alongside, DR was on the inside for the left hander. Why should he concede anything?

Because he knew he'd put Perez in a place where he had no other viable route. Obviously he knew that since he took to the grass. (Or was there actual contact? I can't remember and I can't find a good video of it.)

Anyway, I don't see how a situation like that can be anything other than a racing incident. Particularly when Webber got away with what he got away with earlier on.
Wasn't it coming back onto the track and taking Grosjean and Webber out that he got the penalty for?
Quote from mythdat :Wasn't it coming back onto the track and taking Grosjean and Webber out that he got the penalty for?

No. He got the penalty for forcing Di Resta off-track.
Quote from mythdat :Wasn't it coming back onto the track and taking Grosjean and Webber out that he got the penalty for?

It was for both forcing DiResta to grass and taking Grosjean out. (had it only been one infraction I think he would've only gotten DT)
Web vs Mal was Webber's fault, Mas vs Web was Massa's fault. Web was fully alongside, even partly past and had the right to use the outside line all the way through the corner, but Massa went in too hot. Just like Perez went in too hot, which is why DR had nowhere to go. Perez had loads of space to his right that he chose not to drive into.

Perez got the penalty as a combination of both incidents, if it would have been just for the FI, it would probably have been a DT, not a 10 second S&G.
These disrespectful manners of Raikkonen makes me sick tbh. How the **** he can let himself talk to team like that or the kind of bullshit he spreads on podium interview? Oh wait, puppets need that, because they need show. Alcohol addict.

Class from Alonso/Ferrari again apart from Massa's mistake, next two tracks gives some kind of a hope...
Quote from samjh :Only three of the DNFs happened to cars in front of him: Hulkenberg, Rosberg, and Hamilton.

Of the faster cars, he still had to pass Grosjean, Senna, Schumacher, and of course, Button. (Not including the STRs.)

Of course it's still a penalty.

Do you not watch? Grosjean and Webber retired and he would of had to pass them after the pitstop.
#996 - CSF
He was ahead of them after his pitstop. Did you not watch?
Quote from BlueFlame :Do you not watch? Grosjean and Webber retired and he would of had to pass them after the pitstop.

You mean the accident that occured in the lap right after Vettel pitted for the second time and got out still in front of them? :doh:
Quote from TexasLTU :Alcohol addict.

Pls Klidas...

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG