The online racing simulator
Quote from JJ72 :of course there are changes, the way the tire surface deforms, the moving debris on the surface, the aerodynamics of the car, there are a million changes.

Then it is neither lucky or unlucky - it is a different event and a different result as it is not exactly the same scenario.
I must be so incredibly unlucky because the best I can do is drive slowly in a virtual racing game.
Quote from englishlord :I must be so incredibly unlucky because the best I can do is drive slowly in a virtual racing game.

Stay off my bad luck!

Quote from BlakjeKaas :I'm just not really getting your point of view in this.

You seem to be claiming that Vettel driving away from that accident is lucky.
Sure, but you're forgetting the fact that he actually had an accident, which was pretty unlucky.

I don't think it's debatable that incident is out of Vettel's misjudgment, rather then because of "luck".
Quote from BlueFlame :To a point yes. Hamilton and Button would of ended up retiring from this kind of incident, as would any other driver. Somehow, Vettel can drag races from the shit of all shits.

.lol
Quote from Intrepid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... &v=LFER0esusF0#t=577s

So he did make a 100% illegal pass... but the nature of the pass (TR lifting) would mean a penalty would be very harsh.

I thought they were just slippery surface flags, not yellows. At least that's what I read on Twitter after the race. It would make sense considering the section it was in is prone to having rivers of water going across the track.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I thought they were just slippery surface flags, not yellows. At least that's what I read on Twitter after the race. It would make sense considering the section it was in is prone to having rivers of water going across the track.

looking through that video it definetely seemed illegal, however the torro rosso clearly let him pass and letting someone past and overtaking im not sure they are the same thing, could we get clarification for that?
Feels like standard LFS league drama, everyone trying to find reasons to win on, well can't say I'm surprised by ALOLso fanboys...
Either way, he had already passed the danger zone, and normally ( in the series' I've ran in ) if there is a long straight which has a yellow, AFTER, you've passed the hazard, you're allowed to pass.
Actually after trying to analyze this video a few times, it seems like the marshallpost on the left at the start of the straight is waving a green flag, so actually the overtake wasn't illegal since surely a marshal-flag > the screens showing flags, amarite Dennis?
Looks like there will be some announcements on driver line ups today and it also looks like HRT have failed to find a buyer in time and won't be on the grid next year which is a shame.

Possible links are:
Barrichello to Caterham in place of Petrov
Van Der Garde to Caterham in place of Heikki
Marrussia to fill the extra seat with Max Chilton
Senna to leave Williams' race seat to Bottas
Force India to announce their driver line up, expected to be Di Resta and Bianchi.
Quote from vipex123 :Looks like there will be some announcements on driver line ups today and it also looks like HRT have failed to find a buyer in time and won't be on the grid next year which is a shame.

Possible links are:
Barrichello to Caterham in place of Petrov
Van Der Garde to Caterham in place of Heikki
Marrussia to fill the extra seat with Max Chilton
Senna to leave Williams' race seat to Bottas
Force India to announce their driver line up, expected to be Di Resta and Bianchi.

Pic is already signed to Caterham, Rubens will stay in Indy. I don't think it will be Bianchi, have a suspicion it will be Sutil/Alguesuari at FI.
Yeah what I meant is both are in the running for a seat, I don't think it will be Sutil, either Jamie or Bianchi.
Sad to hear about an F1 team leaving.... Anything official yet about this?
No, however, if they were to be renamed over the winter they could get special treatment over the entry fee.
It's not really a shame to lose HRT.
It would have been a shame to lose Caterham or Marussia, but HRT have just been a waste of space and money and compared with the other two new teams they don't even look ambitious. It's not even as though as a saving grace you could say they have been offering experience to new promising drivers.
All they were and ever would have been were obstacles to the rest of the field. They added no interest except for whether they'd get to within 107% and whether their frustrated drivers would cause any incidents with actual f1 cars.
Apparently the HRT mechanics got drunk on the flight back from Brazil, and went to collect their settlement money and the owners called in the police...
Only decent drive now is Force India unless he can head back to Lotus with Kimi.

I suppose growing up with F1 in the late 90's, I've expected Bruno to do what Ayrton did, because I didnt get to witness Ayrton. Its just silly talk. Takes reminding that they are two different people.

At the same time, I feel too he has been harshly judged for holding the name. (Not denying that it helped him out either)

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG