The online racing simulator
Honestly everything from turns 4 to 11 could use some sort of revamp. A passing opportunity into 11 is a must.

Sad part is, the only thing I personally think of will speed up the course, which I don't believe is what they would enjoy.

Edit: Had to add my quick napkin drawing for laughs.

Attached images
Hungaroring_elementaryEdit.png
Ha-ha!
Attached images
trollke.png
Senna showed some better pace in last races but still imo Bottas is a better choice for Williams.
No idea what Bottas brings to the party. Senna seems to be a good racer but not shown much in qualifying, which has somewhat stymied him. Perhaps giving his car up for Bottas at most races has not helped that. I think he deserves another year.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :No idea what Bottas brings to the party. Senna seems to be a good racer but not shown much in qualifying, which has somewhat stymied him. Perhaps giving his car up for Bottas at most races has not helped that. I think he deserves another year.

After almost 3 years how many more another years does he need?
HRT in their first season hardly constituted a chance. In his half season with Lotus he did all right.

Drivers don't get a chance to learn their craft these days. They have to come in and they have to perform straight away and I think this contributes to poor standards of racecraft.

By all means wheel in Bottas, take his money and then chuck him away in a year or two when the next bright young thing wanders into the paddock with a cheque.
Vetteeeeeelll!!!!!!!!!
The biggest lucker in the entire world.
Quote from Mysho :The biggest lucker in the entire world.

I don't know how he does it...
Vettel's wheel just had to hold in the first lap. :| Not that i like Fernando or anything, but he deserved it more imo.
Next year is Felipe's last chance to shine!

LONG POST AHEAD: With the season over, i dug up some predictions, which were posted before season start. Quite interesting.

Questions:
1. Who will win drivers' world championship:
2. Which team will win constructors' world championship:
3. How do you think Brüno Senna will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
4. How do you think Kimi Räikkönen will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
5. How do you think Nico Hulkenberg will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
6. How do you think Romain Grosjean will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
7. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2012:
8. Will Caterham score points in 2012:
9. Do you think Massa will win at least one race in 2012?
10. Does Kubica drive F1 car before the last race?
11: Winner of Australian gp:
12. Winner of American gp:
13. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season:

Hyperactive:
1. Vettel
2. Mclaren
3. 6
4. 7
5. 6
6. 8
7. Pedro de la rosa
8. yes
9. no
10. no
11: Hamilton
12. Button
13. 285

DeadWolfBones
1. Alonso
2. Ferrari
3. 6 (relative to teammate)
4. 5 (relative to expectations)
5. 7
6. 7
7. de la Rosa (poor guy)
8. Probably.
9. No.
10. Not in race conditions. Maybe testing.
11: Vettel
12. Hamilton
13. 313

Greboth:
1. Vettel (though want Hamilton)
2. McLaren
3. 5 - Nothing amazing but a solid 1st full season
4. 6 - Better than average but will take time getting used to the new cars
5. 7
6. 6
7. Pedro de La Rosa - Think this will be down to them needing a driver with alot of sponsorship.
8. No.
9. No.
10. Yes
12. Button
13. 291

Kid222
1. Button
2. Red Bull
3. 6
4. 8
5. 4
6. 7
7. Pic
8. yes
9. yes
10. no
12. Alonso
13. 270

J@tko
1. Button
2. McLaren
3. 4
4. either 9 or 2
5. 6
6. 6
7. 2nd driver @ HRT
8. Yes
9. No
10. No
12. Hamilton
13. 306

N I K I
1. Alonso and yes I want it. The best driver by far on the grid!
2. McLaren
3. 7 compared to teammate, 3 compared to the rest of the grid and 5 compared to media
4. he will be brilliant in every aspect once he gets started, so not counting the first 5 races, pure 10, otherwise, let's say 9 for the whole season
5. This guy will do brilliant too. Deferentially my favorite non-top team driver. Would love to see him take some beating on that Scot and even split top teams on occasion, although it might take him some time to get used to tires or whatever, so 8.
6. I don't care as long as Kimi is faster than him... 6
7. Pic
8. Yes
9. Not sure. Maybe he will score one, maybe he won't, but he will be on podium for sure.
10. No
11: Alonso
12. Schumacher
13. 303
Where is Mercedes in all this? They are looking really strong for the next season. Forza Schumi will probably even win a race this year.

GreyBull [CHA]
1. Alonso - not that I want it tho
2. Red Bull
3. 5
4. 6
5. 8
6. 8
7. Someone at HRT, probably the second driver
8. Yes
9. No
10. Yes, in private testing, in a several year old car
11: Race cancelled - Track invaded by kangaroos. Results decided by a lottery, Alonso wins.
12. Race cancelled - Governor of Texas bans road racing 1 week before the event. Results decided by a lottery, Alonso wins.
13. 3 days before the season start, the FIA replaces the old points system by Eccelstone's medal system, therefore championship points becomes irrelevant. Charles Pic gets more points than everyone else, but no one cares, as Alonso takes the championship thanks to race wins

seniecka
1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
3. 5
4. 7
5. 6
6. 7
7. Someone at HRT, probably the second driver
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. No
11: Lewis Hamilton
12. Lewis Hamilton
13. over 9000

Mustafur
1. Hamilton
2. Mclaren
3. 7
4. 7
5. 8
6. 8
7. Trulli
8. Yes
9. No
10. Yes
12. Vettel
13. 270 around

GianniC
1. Alonso or Button or Vettel - you just can't say...
2. Red Bull
3. 5
4. 8
5. 4
6. 5
7. Pic
8. no
9. yes
10. no
12. Alonso
13. 264

Senninha25
1. Sebastian Vettel...again.
2. Red Bull-RENAULT
3. 7
4. 6.5
5. 7
6. 7.5
7. Whoever's sponsors get too cheap to pay.
8. Yes.
9. With team orders allowed? Not a chance. Sadly.
10. With a shitload of luck? Maybe.
11: Mark Webber
12. Lewis Hamilton
13. 295

CSF
1. Hamilton
2. McLaren
3. 6
4. 3
5. 6
6. 6
7. Kimi Raikkonen though possibly Jarno Trulli...
8. No
9. There's more chance of old man river winning a race.
10. Kubica will never drive an F1 car again.
12. Bernie Ecclestone
13. 215

aroX123
1. Hamilton
2. McLaren
3. 5
4. 7
5. 6
6. 6
7. Pastor Maldonado
8. Yes
9. NOPE
10. Yes, in a practise session
12. M. Schumacher
13. 245

tristancliffe
1. Vettel
2. Red Bull
3. 7
4. 7
5. 6
6. 5
7. An HRT driver
8. No
9. Probably not
10. Yes, but in testing only
12. Vettel
13. Lots!
Quote from Mysho :The biggest lucker in the entire world.

from f1technical forums :

So let me get this straight.

Vettel gets spun around, goes to back of field, has a badly damaged car, loses radio, has a incorrect strategy call, and a slow pitstop and makes his way through the field well to 6th and is lucky.

While Alonso leaves the track twice, inherits 4th through an incident between 2 cars clearly ahead of him, gets gifted 2nd from Massa and is unlucky???
Quote from Kid222 :
Questions:
1. Who will win drivers' world championship:
2. Which team will win constructors' world championship:
3. How do you think Brüno Senna will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
4. How do you think Kimi Räikkönen will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
5. How do you think Nico Hulkenberg will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
6. How do you think Romain Grosjean will do in 2012 (rate 1-10):
7. First driver you think will lose his drive during 2012:
8. Will Caterham score points in 2012:
9. Do you think Massa will win at least one race in 2012?
10. Does Kubica drive F1 car before the last race?
11: Winner of Australian gp:
12. Winner of American gp:
13. How many points will the dwc winning driver have at the end of the season:

Senninha25
1. Sebastian Vettel...again.
2. Red Bull-RENAULT
3. 7
4. 6.5
5. 7
6. 7.5
7. Whoever's sponsors get too cheap to pay.
8. Yes.
9. With team orders allowed? Not a chance. Sadly.
10. With a shitload of luck? Maybe.
11: Mark Webber
12. Lewis Hamilton
13. 295

Well damn, I think I was doing pretty well with these answers during the early season. Turns out I ended up overrating Senna and Grosjean and underestimating Kimi and Hulk, and Caterham still didn't get anywhere near the points. Only got the easiest questions right in the end
Quote from PhilS13 :

from f1technical forums :

So let me get this straight.

Vettel gets spun around, goes to back of field, has a badly damaged car, loses radio, has a incorrect strategy call, and a slow pitstop and makes his way through the field well to 6th and is lucky.

While Alonso leaves the track twice, inherits 4th through an incident between 2 cars clearly ahead of him, gets gifted 2nd from Massa and is unlucky???

Replace Vettel with ANY other driver and they would of been 20seconds off the pace with the damage plus a further 2laps from the shitty pitstops and pitcall.
Quote from BlueFlame :Replace Vettel with ANY other driver and they would of been 20seconds off the pace with the damage plus a further 2laps from the shitty pitstops and pitcall.

Pointing out the lack of fairness of one extreme doesn't automatically make you part of the other extreme. But of anyone I certainly don't expect you to get that.
You make your own luck, luck is a word used by losers.
Well Vettel was lucky that his car wasn't damaged worse considering Alonso has had far worse luck in similar situations this season. He certainly didn't drive a great race today, there was definitely some nerves in there. But it was a very tricky race where pretty much everyone made mistakes. Drive of the day has to go to Massa, he pretty much did everything possible to help Alonso. The perfect team mate. Have to feel bad for Alonso because every race starting in a bad position and getting a good result every time isn't as easy as he made it look for most of this season. But whoever scores the most points deserves it.
Quote from BlueFlame :Replace Vettel with ANY other driver and they would of been 20seconds off the pace with the damage plus a further 2laps from the shitty pitstops and pitcall.

So what your saying is because vettel is inside the cockpit the damage is less even though his presence from the damage would be the exact same as anyone else if in the same position?

:
Quote from Mustafur :So what your saying is because vettel is inside the cockpit the damage is less even though his presence from the damage would be the exact same as anyone else if in the same position?

:

To a point yes. Hamilton and Button would of ended up retiring from this kind of incident, as would any other driver. Somehow, Vettel can drag races from the shit of all shits.
Alonso 2010 Belgium.

E: In fact, Alonso got away with less damage!
Quote from CSF :Alonso 2010 Belgium.

E: In fact, Alonso got away with less damage!

It's funny how much you dislike Alonso because he ended Schumachers bs reign of terror.
I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? You said any other driver would retire on the spot, and I showed you an instance where this isn't the case. Then you prove how much of an idiot you are. Good job, good job.
Quote from CSF :I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? You said any other driver would retire on the spot, and I showed you an instance where this isn't the case. Then you prove how much of an idiot you are. Good job, good job.

When Vettel rings the neck of a shit car like Alonso has this season or Hamilton did in 09 then I'll eat my hat but until then. Good day sir.
So now you change tact when you've been proved wrong, good call moron. Comparing Alonso's 2012 car to Hamiltons shit box of 09 is like comparing night and day. Alonso 13 podiums in 2012, Hamilton 18th on the grid at several Grand Prix. One was a proper shit box, one was actually a decent car. Good day to you to.

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG