The online racing simulator
Quote from vipex123 :Its not about talent alone Niki. If Bottas had the money he would have the Senna seat easily, however, depsite being managed by the guy who runs the show at Williams (Toto Wolfe) he is still in test driver. Williams has no team sponsors as of yet, so they are fully relying on driver sponsorship and in that case it just because a case of who has the larger wallet. It is the same situation for Sauber, hence if a Gp2 driver comes out of the series with enough money to 'buy' a seat then he will have it.

IIRC though Bottas picked up some new driver sponsors this season (Wihuri and Kemppi). Hopefully enough to fund a seat.

Here's the link: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto ... altteri-Bottas,41877.html
Drivers come and go, the team stays. (Even if I am really critical of them a lot of the times).

Perez is a good pick. Now if only they had Kimi back instead of Button as well...
Quote from CSF :BlueFlame already corrected me.

Yes, you're bad and you should feel bad.
Looks like another year at gatorham for kovalainen... And I'd imagine the next year is going to be even harder if gatorham don't score a miracle and beat marussia for the 10th place in constructor points. Getting at least two 12th positions in that total turd of a car might be impossible though and losing that 10th position on the manufacturer's points standings is a big financial hit for gatorham...
Could be going from bad to worse for Hamilton - http://www.pitpass.com/47448-N ... -scrapped-says-Ecclestone

Sign for Merc, suddenly his McLaren picks up serious and consistent pace with Merc being nowhere, then his hopes for Merc in 2014 could be blown apart....

It certainly makes F1 'interesting' but you can't help feeling this has got disaster written all over it.
Perez for 2013 WDC
Perez is just a goddamn epic charger. When everyone else is tired his tires only just start working. I can't wait to see him drive the best car in the field next year. The last stint passes for victory, ala Kimi, or for podium. First time ever I'm so excited about McLaren.
Quote from N I K I :First time ever I'm so excited about McLaren.

Same. No need to say Hamilton had to leave for that. I always liked Button, finally he gets a good teammate.
As much as I like Hamilton as a driver, I've come to dislike him as a person.
Quote from BlueFlame :As much as I like Hamilton as a driver, I've come to dislike him as a person.

Why?

I wasn't impressed with some of his goofy mistakes in the first two years of his career, and his complete loss of focus in 2011. But otherwise, he seems to be just another driver forced to be a PR machine no matter how much he might dislike it. As for his driving: when he's on it, he's on it like no other.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to see how Perez might prove himself next year against Button!

Definitely time for Schumacher to quit for good. With 7 WDCs, you've had your share, champ.

Quote from GianniC :I had expected MSC in this role: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102896

Hmmm. Schumacher has the driving pedigree, but maybe not the business or management acumen. All he's ever done is be a poster boy. Niki Lauda created and managed two successful airlines, was a consultant for Ferrari, and managed the Jaguar F1 team for a while. The only thing going against him is old age.
#767 - CSF
Niki failed twice at Ferrari and Jaguar though. Business is very different from F1.
Same with Berger at Toro Rosso.
#769 - CSF
Berger didn't really fail. Did quite a good job imo, certainly 100x better than Niki who constantly undermined his drivers by claiming he could do a better job....
Quote from CSF :Berger didn't really fail. Did quite a good job imo, certainly 100x better than Niki who constantly undermined his drivers by claiming he could do a better job....

He loves himself too much that's the problem.
Quote from CSF :Nah, pretty sure there has been one more recently in GP2/F3000 or something. Doesn't make a difference, BlueFlame already corrected me.

You're probably thinking of Esteban Guerrieri. He was indeed racing F3000 back in 2004. He finished 3rd in the 2010 WSR season despite missing 2 rounds, and then he finished 2nd in IndyLights in both 2011 and 2012.

Quote from BlueFlame :I agree though, I think it's most probably that Gutiérrez gets the drive for Sauber to be fair, given the Telmex connections and the fact he's been doing GP2 this season in comparison to Alguersuari seemingly doing nothing except correct James Allen.

With Perez doing so well, Telmex might be tempted to put their eggs in one single basket.

Plus, Gutierrez has been rather disappointing the last 2 years in GP2.
#772 - CSF
Aha, yes that's the one.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

Plus, Gutierrez has been rather disappointing the last 2 years in GP2.

Well look a Perez's results. They're not much different in GP2.
#774 - CSF
Perez was up against a better grid though. When Valsecchi wins GP2 in his fifth season, you know the grid is questionable...
Quote from CSF :Perez was up against a better grid though. When Valsecchi wins GP2 in his fifth season, you know the grid is questionable...

Well it's true most of the talent is in FR3.5 but we'll see what happens with Valsecchi if he goes to FR3.5.

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG