The online racing simulator
Quote from el pibe :that is a dick move by autosport. i was going to subscribe before this but now i wont.

ssuuurrreeee you were going to subscribe lol

Fact is most media new outlets are in deep shit. The Guardian is hemorrhaging money like there is no tomorrow and that's one of the world's most popular news sites. Autosport can't afford to continue as they are. It's piss annoying but hey ho that's how the market is developing... and of course the work arounds to the pay-wall only compound the problem.
Thanks for the tips guys.
I'm a subscriber to autosport and if someone is considering buying a sub then I'd suggest to wait until they have their yearly special deals. At least on previous two years they have had substantial price reductions. The normal price has been aomething crazy like 80€p er year but I'm paying "only" 32£ per year. If you (at least in the past) get the special deal the price stays the same for as long as you stay as subsriber. The specials are usually in january/february though...

Although now it looks like they are changing their prices. I'm paying 32£ per year now and I'm basically getting the 1€ per week deal and as it looks I'm saving about 10€ per year.

Some of the historical race reports are pretty long and interesting to read imho which is why I subbed.
someone has to be paid to do the work, it's a fair deal in my opinion.
Quote from JJ72 :someone has to be paid to do the work, it's a fair deal in my opinion.

It is to a point, but there's no way you can control information like that, it's always going to be possible to find it elsewhere or hear it from a friend.

Information isn't really a product you can sell viably.
Peter Sauber has said he would offer Schumie a drive if he became available...
The Sauber offer did sound more like tongue in cheek, unless there was another non German Interview where he worded it completely different.
They have a history from Sportscars don't they? It would make a lot of financial sense for Sauber as they are typically one of the more lightly sponsored cars on the grid.
Former Sauber Junior team member returns to retire?
Nothing really new for Hamilton

lol

Going to be no where in 2013, disaster season coming, but anything can happen in 2014 with new engines.
#738 - CSF
Quote from Storm_Cloud :They have a history from Sportscars don't they? It would make a lot of financial sense for Sauber as they are typically one of the more lightly sponsored cars on the grid.

There is 0 chance of that happening, Sauber have signed Jaimie and either Guerrero or Kamui. Expect no official retirement from Michael, just off into the wind this time. I suspect the deal was "if we sign Lewis your out, if we don't can you do another year before we can get in another star?". There's been indications since July time that Michael didn't want to continue.

For Lewis... hmmmm, I hope Merc have a good car next season. I fully expect Perez to be right up there for the championship in that McLaren...
I always liked when a young star (Perez in this case) moves up. It's a shame by the look of things now Massa is staying at Ferrari..

Lewis... I don't know, once he says he only wants to win races, then he gets frustrated when overpushing of his team or him causes retirements to finally move to Mercedes where things might be more consistent once, if ever, the car is up to the game. Very interedasting indeed.

And Schumi, as much as I love the old man, brawn 2009 didn't repeat and neither him or Merc can wait any longer. I hope he doesn't go to DTM, as it might be another huge blow for him. Rather follow Fisichella and go back to sportscars like before F1. Or be forever bored without racing. xD
Quote from CSF :There is 0 chance of that happening, Sauber have signed Jaimie and either Guerrero or Kamui.

You mean Gutiérrez surely?

I agree though, I think it's most probably that Gutiérrez gets the drive for Sauber to be fair, given the Telmex connections and the fact he's been doing GP2 this season in comparison to Alguersuari seemingly doing nothing except correct James Allen.
#741 - CSF
Derp yes thats the guy. Theres another one called Guerrero too I think...

Jaimie is a fine driver, he'd smash Esteban. This was the worst GP2 line up of all time, and he came 3rd.
Vodafone pulling out of Motorsport over the past few years leaves a convenient gap at McLaren for another big telecoms giant to fill the void, can't say I'm surprised with Perez's move. Hamiltion to Merc seems a silly waste in my opinion, as stressed before, he is the first to criticise the car and team when it isn't capable of winning races - so why move to a team where they have struggled to get anything out of the car for most of the season.

I do hope Kobayashi stays, he has the talent just not really the luck, and has been completely trounced by Perez which again is just down to luck - it was going to happen to either one of the other with the strategies they run. Sad to see Massa is seemingly going nowhere, although there are rumours that Kovalinen could be going to Ferrari although its all speculation. Will be very interesting to see how the next few days play out for the F1 paddock, with a new, relatively unknown face winning GP2 who is also strongly backed by France I can see him filling the seat left, or maybe its time for someone to give Bottas a chance, with Maldonado moving to Sauber?
Perez has outclassed Kobayashi, though he's shown some impatience with all the fist waving. Kobayashi has underperformed most times he's been anywhere near the front, and seems to randomly switch between too careful and too optimistic. Sure, luck plays a part, but even though I'd really like to see a successful Japanese driver in F1 I have to suspect Kobayashi is not that person. Mid-tier.
Still, for a team like Sauber Kobayashi is just what they need, someone moderately spectacular on occasions, but decent for points.

Though to suggest Kobayashi was unlucky to be trounced by Perez would be very naive, Perez proved instantly that he was world class.

His professional attitude, raw talent and clean driving style is what everyone wants to see and he is gonna fit right in at McLaren.
So yeah, Bottas now has a drive at Williams or Sauber, however that pans out I see him in the seat over Koba or any GP2 driver.
Quote from N I K I :So yeah, Bottas now has a drive at Williams or Sauber, however that pans out I see him in the seat over Koba or any GP2 driver.

Its not about talent alone Niki. If Bottas had the money he would have the Senna seat easily, however, depsite being managed by the guy who runs the show at Williams (Toto Wolfe) he is still in test driver. Williams has no team sponsors as of yet, so they are fully relying on driver sponsorship and in that case it just because a case of who has the larger wallet. It is the same situation for Sauber, hence if a Gp2 driver comes out of the series with enough money to 'buy' a seat then he will have it.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Perez has outclassed Kobayashi, though he's shown some impatience with all the fist waving. Kobayashi has underperformed most times he's been anywhere near the front, and seems to randomly switch between too careful and too optimistic. Sure, luck plays a part, but even though I'd really like to see a successful Japanese driver in F1 I have to suspect Kobayashi is not that person. Mid-tier.

Still the Qualifying record is in Kamuis favour, race pace wise he has been outclassed though, which weirdly has always been his strong suit I think we still may have more to see from him, but usually a 3rd season will show the picture.
#750 - CSF

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG