The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I stand corrected! Speed commentators weren't crystal clear on it, I guess. I think it's doubly hilarious that he got penalized for the Grosjean contact, then, considering Webber got a free pass for the same thing.

Webber got a clean pass because it only spun him. Perez took out two cars, neither of which were his own!
He meant with Massa I think. But I don't blame you for getting confused, Webber has his fair share of crashes today.
Quote from bbman :Yes, racing into points positions before any safety car interventions TWICE in one race, it's all down to luck, no skill involved whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Also, I only saw one mistake, and I remember he was last at the first restart, I really don't consider that getting away...

Nobody tries to deny skill from Prost, Mansell or Schuhmacher just because they happened to win in dominant cars... Hell, even Senna most of the time had a car that was superior to all others in the field... This bashing Vettel is quite baffling and frankly makes you lot sound desperate...

+1
He got up the grid then down for wing change and amazingly from near last to 4th, tires and SC helped only up to pass Button, 2 more points, sooo lucky.
Hats off to Kobayashi Getting 6th after having a KERS failure early in the race, someone surely will sign him for next year.
Quote from Mustafur :Hats off to Kobayashi Getting 6th after having a KERS failure early in the race, someone surely will sign him for next year.

Quote from Mustafur :Yet if anyone else does the same it means they are epic, please don't throw this crap its sad.

Quote from CSF :Webber got a clean pass because it only spun him. Perez took out two cars, neither of which were his own!

So they're penalizing based on the outcome rather than the act?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So they're penalizing based on the outcome rather than the act?

Look at Massa too. He spins, gets nothing.

Can't really say whether they do it all the time or not however.
Arguably Massa ran wide and pushed Webber off track. Perez got his penalty partly for that.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So they're penalizing based on the outcome rather than the act?

Yes? Webber drove like a numpty, spun himself around, caused no damage to Maldonado, so he gets no penalty. I guarantee he'd have got one had it affected Pastor's race, just like Massa ended up getting on in India last year.
Quote from CSF :Yes? Webber drove like a numpty, spun himself around, caused no damage to Maldonado, so he gets no penalty. I guarantee he'd have got one had it affected Pastor's race, just like Massa ended up getting on in India last year.

It does seem to be the case.
Quote from PMD9409 :Look at Massa too. He spins, gets nothing.

Can't really say whether they do it all the time or not however.

Not to mention Perez forcing Di Resta. Vettel did the same to Button, but because Button backed out and didn't go off the track they didn't penalize Vettel.
Quote from BlueFlame :Not to mention Perez forcing Di Resta. Vettel did the same to Button, but because Button backed out and didn't go off the track they didn't penalize Vettel.

Two incidents were nothing alike. Perez came from a long way back in an attempt to pass two at once, where as Vettel had pretty much made the pass stick and was entitled to the second part. Button realized that he had lost it, so gave it up. Di Resta possibly could have, but from the moment he didn't and Perez wasn't ahead, Perez made the decision to shove him off. The bigger part of the penalty was surely for his unbelievable re-join of the track, which wiped out two other cars.
Quote from CSF :The bigger part of the penalty was surely for his unbelievable re-join of the track, which wiped out two other cars.

Maybe, but the official FiA document stated he got the penalty for forcing Di Resta off the circuit aswell as contact with Grosjean.

If they weren't going to penalize him for forcing Di Resta off the circuit they would never have mentioned it.

To my mind Perez and Di Resta went wheel to wheel just like Button and Vettel did but anyway.

Seems like a driver you're squeezing could very easily just back off, but if he keeps his foot in it and cuts the course then it makes the other guy look bad.
"The bigger part of the penalty was surely for his unbelievable re-join of the track, which wiped out two other cars."

It was all one incident, but the biggest bit was the second part. Hence Stop Go, not Drive Through.
Quote from CSF :"The bigger part of the penalty was surely for his unbelievable re-join of the track, which wiped out two other cars."

It was all one incident, but the biggest bit was the second part. Hence Stop Go, not Drive Through.

I guess in light of it all it probably just seems harsh, as we're used to seeing people take the escape road as soon as they get squeezed a bit but now with the rules stating you mustn't force others off track it seems corner battling for some will have repercussions.
I think in seasons where Kimi doesn't win the drivers championship they should find something else to give him, just to say thank-you. I would happily swap half the grid for a dozen more Kimis.
A magnum.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think in seasons where Kimi doesn't win the drivers championship they should find something else to give him, just to say thank-you. I would happily swap half the grid for a dozen more Kimis.

Why? What fantastic thing did he do yesterday? He made a good start and was quick when it mattered to hold off Alonso but he didn't overtake anyone after the start. If Hamilton hadn't broken down he would have finished a solid second so you can't call the win anything other than a solid drive, which he has done multiple times this season but finished behind quicker cars.

He's unintentionally funny on the radio and likes a drink. Is that why he is considered a driving god?
I just like the fact that Vettel didn't win again
About the Perez - DiResta incident: I agree with the stewards that a car rejoining the track can't immediately go to the racing line... But watching the race, I thought Grosjean took such a shallow line that even if Perez had left room they would have collided... As such, I found the penalty very harsh...
Should Grosjean have gone on the racing line and been wiped out by Perez sooner?
Quote from TexasLTU :These disrespectful manners of Raikkonen makes me sick tbh. How the **** he can let himself talk to team like that or the kind of bullshit he spreads on podium interview? Oh wait, puppets need that, because they need show. Alcohol addict.

Class from Alonso/Ferrari again apart from Massa's mistake, next two tracks gives some kind of a hope...

What's the bullshit on the podium? he is just realistic that it's only a win, and is happy for the guys who worked so hard...

Guess there is a bit frustration going on since eyebrow man his chance of beeing champ gets smaller and smaller.

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG