The online racing simulator
Would be nice to see Vettel struggle a bit today. I think it would be a great story if Alonso can win the champ this year and Alonso needs to take points from him today to have a chance. I think even if Vettel doesn't score, Alonso would struggle to retake the lead in the champ though. Starting from 6th will be tough.
Quote from vipex123 :Vettel has a car that can win races by up to 20 seconds - I really don't see how him starting from the back in a car that is capable of that is going to prove he is an amazing driver. He needs to start from the back in a Ferrari, or drive in a car other than Red Bull without Newey and then we can compare.

Alonso has won 8% of his races by over 20 seconds. [1]

Vettel has won 7% of his races by over 20 seconds. [1]

Button? 14%

Hamilton? 5%

Raikkonen? 17%

As for Red Bull, completely irrelevant. They were just another mid-field team before 2009.

Newey? How about taking away Mansell's title, Damon, JV, Hakkinen, and even one of Prost's? He's a great designer, but one designer doesn't make an F1 team, or even just the car.

----------
Note 1: Taken from http://forums.autosport.com/in ... 5972717&#entry5972717 (hats off to the poster who did the figures)
You can make stats say a lot of different things if you want. The problem is that Alonso did most of his winning in a different era where F1 was more spread out. Thats why Raikkonens is so high for example. You could say too Vettel only wins from pole, and that drivers like Alonso would have a better percentage from not winning from pole. However that is obscured too by refuelling in q etc. So yeah
Quote from samjh :Alonso has won 8% of his races by over 20 seconds. [1]

Vettel has won 7% of his races by over 20 seconds. [1]

Button? 14%

Hamilton? 5%

Raikkonen? 17%

As for Red Bull, completely irrelevant. They were just another mid-field team before 2009.

Newey? How about taking away Mansell's title, Damon, JV, Hakkinen, and even one of Prost's? He's a great designer, but one designer doesn't make an F1 team, or even just the car.

----------
Note 1: Taken from http://forums.autosport.com/in ... 5972717&#entry5972717 (hats off to the poster who did the figures)

Quote from tristancliffe :Hamilton crashes into a few people and acts like a retard - people think he's great.
Vettel drives a race car faster and better than most whilst remaining a decent bloke - somehow not good enough?

Easy there. Are we forgetting Turkey (2010?), Spa (2010?), Abu Dhabi (2012 )? He's has his fair share of PR **** ups. When you have a car that can qualify 1 second ahead of the rest it's easier to avoid close battles. It's that he is much more of a media darling and knows how to play the game far better than Hamilton. That there is no doubt.

Vettel will always have the shadow of Newey hanging over in, hence why there are many doubters. Whether that bothers him or not, who knows? When you're racking up the WDCs who gives a shit. Maybe he might have to do a Hamilton, and leave the cradle. he can't suckle on the ample breast of Newey's genius forever.
Kimi for the president. Dat start.
Great place for a HRT to break...

Edit: Vettel easily into the points now.

Edit2: Vettel doesn't like DRS zones, taking out the signs now.
If they call him for short cutting..
Just... urgh.

What a pathetic year. Utterly pathetic.

Suddenly the Mercedes camp is very inviting..
ahahahahhaahah

kimis radio

'' leave me alone, i know what to do ''

bwhwhwhhwahhahahah
Oh Webber...
Go kimi!!!
mid way through the race:

Happy to See kimi out front, vettel is going to be a sitting duck now i think.
Surely Vettel must pit he is going to hit the cliff within laps otherwise.
Holy crap, Grosjean career ender right there
Seriously what the **** is going on
Vettel has SO much luck. Unbelieveable. He'll prolly even win being on fresh soft tyres.
Wow... two free pitstops for Vettel, lucky boy
Bone head moves central here.

Massa spinning himself, grosjean going for gaps that don't exist, webber cutting Maldonado and thats not even the half of it, is this F1 or BTCC?
Wow Im thinking the same, he pits and safety car comes out right after... everything just keeps falling into place for him.
Kimi oh you..
Haha. Classic Kimi.
kimi gives how many fu cks = 0.00

Formula One Season 2012
(1268 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG